Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:08:05
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
What do you find Easy? Started by: Quasimodo on Jan 20, '12 23:50

Good Evening Everyone,

It is Quasimodo again.

It has been a few days since i first talked here amongst everyone. I had some great dialogue with everyone and was glad to talk with you all. Now, i wanted to come out and ask another question if that's alright.

What do you find Easy?

I'll explain what i mean, of course.

It’s usually hard to hate something that is very easy for us. If you are a natural at playing the piano, than in most cases, you enjoy playing the piano and it is fun for you. If you are good at sports, you usually enjoy playing them as well. Fun leads to happiness and happiness is synonymous with things we are passionate about.

So take a moment and assess everything that you do, whatever it is that you find really easy and fun. Don’t think that anything is off limits or silly.

Remember this, you can make a life out of anything you are passionate about.

So, put on your thinking caps while you wait for another purse to steal and give it some thought. What is easy for you?

Report Post Tip

Talking to people I don't hate.

Report Post Tip

smiling :)

Report Post Tip

Goin out and playing "Viking" and my guitar.  Those are very easy ;)

Report Post Tip

Once again, no offence but this thread should be in ooc. I wonder why the gods of this world refuse to do anything about it?

Report Post Tip

I find stealing purses to be easy.

Report Post Tip

This thread as you call it lorna... I think it gives us a chance to show what we are good at other then crimes, killing and jail breaking, i think if it is viewed in the right way, then it gives us a chance to get to know one another better (OOC: build on our character.) So it isn't necessarily more suited to ooc avenue. But thats just my view.

Report Post Tip

We can go either way with this thread. I chose to think it meant in our life as mobsters and that's why I replied what I did. If other people are going to go a different way with this, then yeah, we should move this to OOC. It's all up to us and our replies.

Report Post Tip

Lorna steps out of the shadows to speak again.

Don, do you mean getting to know each other better OOC?  Or as criminals?  Because if it's OOC (out of character) like then it should in fact go into the OCC thread.  If everyone means getting to know each other as criminals in this world then that's my mistake for not understanding the speech.

However, while we're on the subject, I find getting to know people easy in this world.  There are lots of friends to be made.  What's also easy in this world is making enemies.  Thank god so far I haven't made any that I know of.  Again Quasimodo,  I mean no disrespect and am merely just bringing up the topic of OOC.

Report Post Tip

I meant it could have possibly been intended as a way for us to build on our criminal personalities, such as, I am Don_Dimitri, i find playing the piano fun, and it comes naturally to me. This then has given me an opening to allow myself to build on what my brothers and sisters in crime already know of me. Although i couldnt say for sure, and only Quasimodo could name his intentions in making this speech. I do however completely agree with you, that if not meant as a basis for us to share things about ourselves with our fellow mobsters, that they may not already know, then this speech would have belonged much more readily in OOC avenue.

And you are definitely right there, there are many friends to be made. I think some people would make an enemy over a disagreement in these streets, but i view that as foolish. The streets were meant for debate and i believe that if you come to the streets, then you will be opening yourself to both criticism and disagreements. But even though i pointed out my views which clashed with your own, i would still be more then happy to share a toast with you in the local speak easy.

Report Post Tip

Hot_Lips overhears Quasimodos question and wonders how it became a debate about OOC avenue. She certainly found nothing inappropriate with his original line of thought, if anything, some responses were not the 'Streets' way of doing things. She takes a deep breath and answeres the question at hand.

My dear Quasimodo, what I find easy is rolling my eyes! There used to be a day when the modern days of 1930's did not accept language as 'thread' and ':)' and excetera, not in the streets anyway.

There used to be a sense of apropos and respect we do not experience today. Some say I should get with the times, but I don't care what they say...but then I know my words will seep through like a hot poke in ice. This has been talked about time and time again, and even though some of my friends had their own speaches torn up for a minor detail, today, a few years later, these streets are very much like OOC avenue but with over confident speakers who don't give a hoopla.

Speaking my mind makes me happy!

Report Post Tip

Civ has been listening to these people for some time and decided to speak up...

"What do i find easy? Hmmm... let me think about this good people. Well, for one thing... avoiding the streets is very easy. I cannot say that i am the perfect example, but the lack of quality in the streets has been quite noticable. As Hot_Lips mentioned, so many words are very difficult for me to understand. I see a lot of ladies and gentleman walking around with heaters wearing expensive dress's and suits but when they talk... it just does'nt fit.

How can they be walking around showing how successful they are and cannot speak a simple phrase without confusing me. Makes me wonder what the cops would think about it, if they will become suspicious. And start investigating from the inside... this is very upsetting indeed. And i myself find it very easy to roll my eyes on this situation. And tend to avoid the streets and yet... people come out here and ask. Why dont the leaders speak out in the streets?

Well... ladies and gentlemen... you now have part of the reason. It is up to you to attract the right attention. If you want quality? You need to show quality. So this uhhh.... speech, if i can replace this to the word thread... has gotten my attention. I am eager to seeing the next speech that would make it hard for me to answer."

Report Post Tip

Chris stands there confused as people talk about threads he checks is suit to see if there is a thread coming lose there isnt signing with relief he walks on by

Report Post Tip

Quasimodo listens on to the wonderful folks as they chat amongst each other, generally civilized in nature. Hmmm..He wondered. Honest to Goodness Chatter? I Think So!

I am quite pleased to see so many questions and insights from each of you. As i hope to one day, each of you brings a flare here and an open mindedness i to hope to achieve one day. I do see a few questions, so i will do my best to answer. I also see a few notes, to which i may respond as well!

Abel - I do my very best not to hate people. I find the art of hating someone, requires much more effort, than attempting to befriend and get to know someone. If, in the end i find we've no common ground, We share words, and part ways, a bit richer for having tried. That said, Those i do find comfort in the company of, i find quite enjoyable as well! Quasimodo smiles and thanks Abel for taking a moment to stop by.

D_D - A smile is a grand thing. A universal welcome, i've heard. Smiling is infectious, like a cold or like a flu. Someone smiled at me once and then i started smiling to. Here's some food for thought. Is a Smile a question? Or is it the answer?

EmilioSoldati - You are quite right. Nothing quite beats the sound of a Jazz Guitar. In fact, an up and coming guitarist named Floyd Smith recently was featured in the local newspaper, on a wonderful guitar. He's about 20 or so, but real talent on this one! 

LornaDoom - It is certainly a pleasure to see a returning listerner. I am glad you came out to see me again. Similar to last time, i made certain that no part of what i said aimed toward an astral experience, but was in fact ambiguous. Merely a question and conversation amongst fellow citizens, taken by listeners however they intrepret it. If one were to choose in their hearing to have an out of body experience, I am not one to deny it or welcome it. It simply is. As criminals, it is good to know culture still exists amongst us and knowing that Don_Dimitri enjoys playing piano, is a good and pleasant bit of information. He might be a poor pickpocket but he has the skills to match even those of the Late Art Tatum, God Rest His Soul. And you are also quite correct that it is very easy to make friends, if one is open to it. I feel i've a friend in each of you, if we've only not yet explored such an avenue. Time will tell, i am certain!

Don_Dimitri - I am certain you are quite the avid Piano Player, as mentioned and do hope one day to here a tune as you tickle the ivory keys. Still though, you must work on picking those pockets! Quasimodo laughs playfully and pats Dimitri on the back.

Hot_Lips - It is quite possible at some juncture, though i dont believe it has yet happened, that i speak to the thread, clearly loose in my clothing. Should i do so, please pay it no mind. You see, i believe that People seldom notice old clothes if you wear a big smile, so i smile alot! I also forget to tailor my old clothes and threads slip from time to time! But, if you wish, call me out on my loose threads! Afterall, i welcome a person who can speak their mind freely! Quasimodo smiles to Hot_Lips and laughs

The_Civilian - I would like to take an added moment with you Civilian, if only to try and sway your mind to more positive thoughts of the streets i've come to love in these few short days here. Avoiding coming out to the streets to hear the hub bub in whatever form it takes, might be easy, but also leaves you little room to enjoy and take part to the goings on, greet and meet the folks that abound it and enjoy the overall experience for what you gathered from it. Certainly now and then you might find yourself listening to the ramblings of a bloke a bit loose to the whiskey, or a new face distraught and speaking in tongues at the loss of his father, but even in some of those, you find a bit out that perhaps you did know about a man before and in that you've learned a bit more of the place where you lay your head at night. I believe that walking along these fine streets can be quite an adventure, sometimes high in quality, sometimes not so high. But, it is much like falling in love. It isn't always going to be easy, Filled often with Anger, Tears and Laughter, but when you fall in love, you want to be together despite it all. To me, the streets are much like that. I see laughter, i am brought to tears with heartwarming stories, saddened news, and am occasionally angered by other news. It is the combination, that allows the collective to appear as it does, and benefit every man and woman in some capacity. Even if only the occasion diamond in the rough strikes your eye, at least you can say that it to, appealed to you once.

Quasimodo smiles and shakes hands with The_Civilian. It was quite a pleasure speaking with you. I hope we've both walked away a bit more eager then when we arrived. I am certain i have, at least

Report Post Tip

Don, making an enemy over something said in the streets is only foolish if the intention of the other person is clearly not to offend. But if the other person is being an idiot and attacking you personally and insulting you, well, then you are practically forced. You can't be friends with people who insult you.

There are people who don't really know how to debate and resort to attacking a point of view instead of just defending another point of view.

Hot Lips, I slightly disagree with you. What I have seen is that "slang" such as "lol", ":)", etcetera has always been looked down upon.

What also happened is that there was a time when all the "cool kids" would tease people who used slang to the point of trying to make them feel stupid. That kind of "assholish" attitude is what some people have been trying to avoid, so when some of the aforementioned "cool kids" tried to bully newcomers for not adhering to the proper etiquette in the streets, those bullies would get bullied themselves for trying to sound smart by making fun of new guys.

This doesn't mean anybody likes this kind of slang, we just need a more constructive way to deal with it, like talking to these "hipsters" privately.

The_Civilian... I will address what you said with the utmost respect that I am capable of, however, I am slightly hurt by what you said. You know my father was a good friend of yours and I hope I have somehow inherited this friendship and I hope you will realize I mean no harm in what I'm about to say.

I believe that at any point in time you will have an heterogeneous mixture of different quality speeches being heard. There will always be the drivel of the people that just want to be able to say they started a speech and you will always have the intelligent debates of people who want to improve this way of life through the power of their words.

But to come out, at any point in time and say there is no quality, is a bit of a disservice to those who try to contribute to the streets to the best of their abilities. One can always say the quality overall is improving or getting worse, but saying that there is a lack of quality, to me personally, that I have been trying my best to make a genuine effort to breathe some life into the streets, I feel that my efforts are not appreciated by you.

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but it doesn't mean I have to like it, Sir.

Report Post Tip

Abel, it is clear you are not understanding my point, lack of quality is exactly what have been shown here. I set my opinion on that and will not change it, either you are insulted by it or not is not my problem. I am talking general and i have set my opinion in order for people to see what a leader like myself is looking for. If you want to talk in the streets you can, you can use whatever language you like. However, if a person wants a Leader to express his or her thoughts... quality in speech is a good way to go. As for you ancestors knowning me or mine, i cannot say i recognise you. Lack of quality was shown here and this you cannot deny, but then... we all make mistakes. The important thing is to learn from them, this is not a personal attack and never was intended as one. Use this as a tool for futur speech's and responses.

Also, yes i am intitled of my own opinion, do i have to care if you like it or not? I cannot say i do... i certainly dont have time to waste debating on something that is quite clear.

Report Post Tip

I've always found Grin's mom to be quite easy.  (GRHS)

Report Post Tip

I think I quite clearly understood your point since you backed it up once again. You have just stated, again, that there is cureently no quality shown in the streets today so I feel that my best efforts are not enough to register in your radar so maybe you could help me by teaching me or leading by example.

As for not recognising me... well, that's obviously because you didn't even think I was worth taking a look at or you would certainly find the features that show who I am related to. This is a good example fo what I was referring to when I was talking about being abrasive. I believe I chose to be as respectful as possible and remind you that you just claimed that there was no quality anywhere to be found in the streets, not just in this speech.

You decided to reply in an even harsher tone to me. I don't think I disrespected you, but if I did, I apologize. I certainly wouldn't want to hinder the good relationships between the city I always loved, New York, and your fine city of New Orleans.

Report Post Tip

*Jam_n_Honey makes her way into the streets, jumping to see over the crowd of people.  Finally finding her place, and trying to get the attention of others, she speaks.*

"What I find easy is speaking in full sentences, and using proper grammar.  This is in no way intended as an insult to anyone, it is just how I speak.  I also find it easy to make a speech using language that almost any mobster out here can understand.  I don't do it very often however, because it doesn't seem to be appreciated.

I also find it easy to look at speeches that I don't understand and pick them apart.  Alot of others seem to do that as well.  I think if you don't like the quality of street speeches, now is the time for intelligent mafioso to step into the streets and take them back.

Just my opinon though."

*Smiles sweetly and skips off into the night.*

Report Post Tip

"Alright, since i seemed to have shown myself abrasive... i do not feel this way but... since this was bought up. When i talk about lack of quality in the streets, i am not pointing my finger on everyone. Abel, i have noticed where you came from and who your bloodline is and i have always respected it. Your bloodline has always set a good example in our streets, but you also have to agree that quality is something that has worn out in time here. The standards in speech of our streets has been much higher before. This is something i have noticed and that is what i wanted to point out. I dont believe i intended to disrespect anyone, but if you do feel offended? Than that is your problem not mine, i have nothing againts anyone or the city he/she works for. My attentions are not to offend but to help people understand what the streets are about. And how important it is to be clear when we speak here.

Also... like i said before i am not the perfect example, but i am sure everyone understands what i am currently saying. When i talk about quality, i mean... to be clear as of what we say here... to be understood. When someone says the words thread and post... you have to agree that this is confusing. And to me... it is diminishing the quality of speech. Ideal quality is quite relative for me and you and all of the others. We all have are own standards when we look for quality. I have mine, so like i have said before... if someone wants to get my attention in these streets... quality is something i enjoy and will be willing to speak up when i am in a good mood. Yes, lack of quality may be extreme... but i guess it is because i see this so often i tend to look elsewhere when i walk the streets. I am also positive that things will change and i will find the streets as appealing as i used to. I can see how i have been deffined as abrasive to you, but i dont believe i have disrespected anyone by my sayings. I sounded extreme yes, but i am not putting all the apples in the same basket. I also believe that anyone can improve if they really wanted to. If this makes any sence! Well... it does to me!"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What do you find Easy?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL