Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:52:19
Page:  1 
Feel a Prick now & then? Started by: Tip-Dean on Jan 23, '12 21:45

Yeah well, I came across something the other day which I feel is appropriate to share with you all. It`s a subject which I must say hasn`t been a part of my general make up and persona and to my knowledge, none of my ancestors either. Anyhow, things went a little along these lines........

I pride myself on my ability to turn any business venture into something a little more interesting, by growing it in another direction or by simply increasing the levels of volume and market share. I`d had the contract to dispose of amputated limbs and such like from a number of the major hospitals around the east coast for a number of years and things were going pretty well. Thirty trucks which were fully equipped for handling such merchandise and drivers who were conversant with the regulatory restrictions placed upon their transportation and a reputation second to none. The business had grown to such an extent that several offices were needed in order to maintain the logistics necessary in such an efficient and professional organisation which has an estimated 350 employees.

Now, quite recently I had an opportunity come along which I could not satisfy which did grate on my financial side I have to say. The domestic market for dogs and cats had grown tremendously and so had the demand for things such as leads, pet beds, kennels etc etc. In addition, the canning plants in Philly could not keep pace with the demand for dog meat. I sense you realise where this is going but I`ll continue nevertheless.

Ok, I made a decision which would enhance tremendously the levels of profitability from the one company, who wouldn`t? Right? Well, shortly afterwards I had a call from the Director of clinical waste for the entire east coast. The conversation went a little like this.........

I can`t believe it! You`re selling amputated body parts to the dog meat canning facilities! How the hell did you get the disposal papers signed for this? Don`t answer that Mr. Dean, I don`t want to know. The Feds will however, and you`ll be sent to hell and will rot Sir! Have you no conscience?

At this point, I was forced to remind the Director of his long standing obligations to the family. His Friday night ventures, his kids` private schooling and of course his wife’s little pet store chain. Yes I`d done my homework.

Anyhow, things settled down and we reached an agreement which was even more lucrative to be honest but a few days later I was revisited by his words. Did I have a conscience? What is a conscience? Should I get one? Would it enhance my image by having one?

Has anyone else come across such statements by their clientele?

Would anyone feel remorse after removing $500 from a young woman whose kids now go hungry because of her “need”?

Accidents do happen as we all know and people can get in the way of a high speed exit from a profitable job especially when the heat is on your tail. I`ve clipped a few I know but do you feel remorse should anyone get in your way?

So, conscience. Is it within us? Is it something we outwardly deny whilst we burn inside?

Report Post Tip

Dimitri hears the question posed by tip-dean, and realizes he had been thinking the same thing lately.

A conscience you say? I was pondering this myself not too long ago. Do you think we were born evil or became evil? Or are we not evil at all? Do we just do what we must to survive in this cold hard world? Have we adapted to not realize the 'evilness' of our ways? Or are we all psychopaths who could never understand the difference between right and wrong? Or simply, do we just not care?

In all honesty my friend, it would take a wiser man than I to answer that question. But if you ever find the answer to it, please enlighten me aswell.

Report Post Tip

Does the soldier in a battle field have a conscience? A father, a son, a brother to someone fighting for his life by taking the lives of others whom are brothers, fathers, and sons? A soldier who may not want to even fight a war but does so to protect their family back home and known the people he is fighting against are doing the same. Why would a soldier fight? How could a soldier fight?

We all have a conscience, however, we all have the ability to ignore that conscience to do what we feel must be done, weather it's for the right or wrong reasons.

Report Post Tip

Emilio feeling struck, straight to the heart with that question must answer and share his opinion.

I myself have no use for a conscience, if I had one then I would be even worse off then I already am.  I wasn't always like this, once when I was a youngster, I stole another kids money, at the time I felt it necessary since my family was always strapped for cash.  However feeling so guilt stricken I went to my mother, she was very understanding of how I felt, and she helped me get to the kids place and give it back to him.  Of course we made up that we "found" it on the floor, but of course I didn't want to get in a lot of trouble.  But since those times I have come to realize that the rest of the world will not do those things for me, if someone manages to pick my pockets and takes all my money, they wouldn't give it back, no simply they would keep it for themselves.  And realizing that each day thousands, if not millions, of people steal from people like me everyday.  So to keep myself afloat I steal money and whatever I can fetch for a good price.  However on occasion, I will feel a twinge of guilt, and I'll put it back.  Then later when I could have used that twenty bucks, I curse myself.  However, in turn for stealing money and things from people all the time, I am always helping others.  I do this unconscously, and when I'm finished I go right back to robbing again.  I think that if you do not have a conscience at the time of the wrong doing, then later your mind will force you to repent, and switch your karma around.  If not then we would all have guilt, and no one would ever steal or kill and the world would be a perfect place.  But because it is not, there are those who have squelched their conscience and do as necessary to live.  That is simply my two cents on the matter, I hope it helps us all come to an answer, or at the least help others contend with their own problems with it.

Emilio now feeling guilty for all the things he has done today goes over and hands a random stranger 50 bucks, and walks off, unknowing of his action and giving no explanation for why he gave that person the money.

Report Post Tip

I feel a prick now and then. Dallas pauses with a nasty little smirk..

But do I have a conscience? Hell no, and Ill tell you why. It simply doesn't belong here. In this thing of ours we survive on things like family, honor, respect, and making the dough. "Doing the right thing" has a different circumstance or meaning here. Clipping someone that may have seen too much is wrong in some people's books but here, it's the only right answer to survive and protect your family. A conscience, in the traditional sense of the word, is for someone on the outside, not us. Let that little voice take control and you will be broke, out on the streets, and a cop's little bitch. If I have somebody"s tongue ripped out for disrespecting PizzaTheHut, am I wrong? Should I allow such a thing to happen and let others think he is not backed up by a strong family? What happens to us then? If I "did the right thing", turned the other cheek,  and someone moved in on us, - would we think things were done right? I think not.

I suggest that some of you fellas speaking about your feelings of guilt get on down the road to one of the gent clubs and let those ladies flog that out of you..then get back to work.

Dallas steps toward Tip-Dean and bats her blue eyes directly at him and whispers. But you- you come to me if you need a spanking, okay?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Feel a Prick now & then?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL