Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 08:17:16
Page:  1 
An open letter to our noob leaders Started by: el_cubano on Oct 01, '07 23:53
I just heard someone say we were in the middle of a mafia renaissance. A renaissance?

You're kidding, I hope.

This is the most pathetic excuse for leadership that I have witnessed in over four years. A bunch of mutes click themselves into power. Three of the mutes form an alliance, kill everyone else, and now we are left with only three families. THREE FAMILIES! BRAVO!

Last night I saw something never before seen. Every family completely full, not even a single opening anywhere. Thugs getting closer to 24 hours old were like walking towards a cliff. Rhett offered sort of a solution to the problem, but how about sticking with the traditional way of not killing every leader out there all at once? You know, do your takedowns in moderation so that you don't leave the cities in an apocalyptic state?

No, let's not do that, let's wipe out even more families! :D :D :D

Part of being a leader involves managing the entire complex of the six cities, not just your own families. You have to control the ebbs and flows. You are La Cosa Nostra management, not just family heads. These leaders have failed in that aspect. You've already killed the streets through inaction and lack of creativity or effort, now you want to kill the active population. Our numbers have already been dwindling, but now they are sure to dwindle more. Over the last year our numbers have increased exponentially. Currently they are down to a little more than half of what they were four months ago. Let's just see what they look like in another month.

I guess the solution was better than killing off their Gangsters to make room for their friends, which was what they have been doing. Yeah, I keep crew lists, I noticed.

Renaissance? Give me a fucking break. This is incompetence at its worst.

Keep it up, guys. Stay mute, kill everyone, and you'll see our numbers dwindle.

The only reason I care is because of people I know who still enjoy being here. I'm long past that. These days I'm just an observer with no real loyalties. It's just a shame to see this place become a mockery of what it was and could be.

You have a responsibility to more than just your families, but a responsibility to keep this entire place thriving. Wake up, idiots.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
That took all of 3 minutes.
Report Post Tip
The reasons for the take downs were posted in my street post. 'Nuff said.
Report Post Tip
Hmm, if you are so set on thinking sir that the current leaders are so horrible, why don't you do something about it? It is so easy for a fucking unsponsored gangster to come to the streets and explain to the world what the fuck is wrong, but they don't to a damn thing themselves to actually help it.

Why don't you get your facts straight little man, I am looking at the crew Paige now, and there are 2 families yet unfilled. Not only that but it has been mentioned on the streets several times that the leaders are working on a new auth. But no, of coarse mister inactive street guy wouldn't be able to see that.

Hey buddy, hear is a hit, why don't you look at what is in front of you before you make such bold statements.
Report Post Tip
I don't see how it's possible to claim that we're being mutes. I believe I made two speeches yesterday.

It is also true that we're working to auth someone, but really, you have to be a Made Man to set up. How many of those do you see walking around?

I'd address this further, but really, what's the point? He's dead. If anyone wants to publicly address a concern, please do. Some of us do actually give a damn about what you all have to say. Just show some respect.
Report Post Tip
Will i get shot for posting in here?
Report Post Tip
Why would you?
Report Post Tip
He seems to think this is an oppressive regime, I would assume.

It's generally safe to state your opinion, but there are boundaries. I tend to think openly abusing the current CLs and calling them incompetent is edging over the boundary. Usually, as long as you express your opinion carefully and with respect, then you can get away with most of what you say.
Report Post Tip
*yawn*

Wow! You don't like the leaders? You think the current network is just a group of good ol' boys? The leaders today are stupid, you say? Man, that is so original. I really don't think I have ever heard anyone basically just spew out the same, old, dried up material that is out on our streets today.

I am all for open communication...hell, my family fostered some of the best communicators in history, but this is ridiculous. I am sorry if some of you people will not get into a family. I am sorry that some leaders felt it was necessary to take out others. That is the way of the world, and honestly, what leader, in any part of our history, would rather keep other leaders in power who do not juve with their philosophies? You make sure that the sacred circle of the Godfather Council is made up of likeminded leaders to ensure stability and one direction.

I know some of you yell about equality, diversity and free speech. You know what? This is the mafia. You don't get to sit around in debate clubs and talk about how bad things are, and how so and so would have made a better leader. I know that these topics are what opens debate up in the streets, but it is just getting recycled and regurgitated to the point that it is losing its effectiveness and just seems silly. In the mafia world, free speech should only exist when there is an intelligent argument to be made. If you do not like the status quo, rank up, make a name for yourself and change things. Otherwise, shut up, sit down and finish your dinner!

You want equality and diversity? Rank up. Kill the leaders and diversify the bold suits by putting all your own friends in power. Seems hypocritical doesn't it? Hell, there is no such thing as as a 100% fair and just leader, so you do with what you got. This is not a democracy. This is not a game. This is not a place where we can all sit down together and talk about what makes us cry at night, and hold each other softly. To quote an old friend of mine, this is "not hold hands.org."
Report Post Tip
CurtisPhillips wanders past the discussion. He is sucked in by the controversy of the topic so decides to listen to each of the speakers in turn. After one delightful quip, he simply can't contain himself...

'To quote an old friend of mine, this is "not hold hands.org."'

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" CurtisPhillips laughs "That was sooooooo funny. Credit to you! I've never heard that before and it was ABSOLUTELY bloody HILARIOUS".

CurtisPhillips begins to walk off but before he does, he announces to the participants "God I am well amused."

CurtisPhillips laughs away up the street. "'Not hold hands.org'" He chuckles to himself "Absolutely priceless".
Report Post Tip
i have to agree to some extent. it seems like all the crews are just a group of rogues with a leader. i do not know how good the reasons are, but to me it seems that they're going for world domination. we've all wanted that from time to time but sooner or later someone is going to get dedicated, go on pure wack awnsers and get a lucky shot. sad? yes. but i don't know what can be done about it?

am i just letting my mouth of without any sense in the words rigth now? probobly. so i'll try to sum it up.

the leaders are behaving like hooligans and thugs. it's not mafia it's a gettho. i know of people that have been in 4-5 diffrent crews now (the few that lived that long) and every cl they had since the reset was taken down. ask yourself this: what is mafia? to some they belive that it is the power to kill. that is not rigth. no mafioso has ever killed just becouse he could. to some it is respect. this is not in it self the essence but it is part of what keeps it up. respect for one another. to some it is money. money is just money. you can get that without the mafia, allthough they can help.

the original mafia was created by a man who saw his nabourhood flooding over with small time thugs, wannabees, rapists, robbers. he saw that his loved ones could not walk down the street without risking their lives for something trivial, like what shoes they wore, or the coulor on them. he decided something had to be done about this and the only way to figth crime efficiently is with crime. he gathered up his sons, his uncles and his brothers and confronted them that something had to be done. the solution was simple. they made organized crime. the simple rule of thumb that when you stand together you are stronger. in the end; their relatives could walk down the street without getting stabbed, beaten or shot. but as time went by they saw that they would need the help of their neighbourhood, the people they were helping and as such came collection protection. it wassn't for respect, it wassn't for money, it wassn't power.

this being said i belive people can change. if it's just gonna be a spy vs spy game then why are people signing up again?

i expect this is going to make powerfull people angry. and i expect i will have to pay the price but i felt it had to be said. do i look like an idiot now?

It was to protect. The Mafia was made to Protect.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: An open letter to our noob leaders
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL