Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:51:51
Page:  1 
Desperate Times Started by: Darth_Vader on Jan 30, '12 03:27

The money was flowing in, and life was seeming right. It seemed as if nothing could go wrong.

Banks were giving money to the masked mobsters, like it was nothing. Cops were looking the other way, when things got rough. The mafia was running the streets.

Recently though, it seemed as if things were beginning to change.

Lately, the cops have been on major crackdowns, locking up mobsters for practically no reason. It was heard that some cops have even pulled the trigger on a couple of mobsters.

Not all of the cops were like this, but most were.

It seemed as if the police force was getting greedy, and wanted more of a cut out of the business the mafia families were doing.

"In order to survive out here, you need money. The cops will eat you alive, if you don't."

That was something I had overheard while sitting at a local bar. At first, I didn't think what the guy said was true, but lately, I feel like he's right.

I slowly began to learn that with money, cops can be persuaded easily. Some will even help you out with drugs. I even met one who looked the other way, when I was breaking some friends out of jail.

I've seen that, if the cops have their palms greased, things usually turn out a lot smoother. Does this mean that we need to get the cops more involved with some of the business that we handle? Who knows? 

Dealing with the law is never something that a mobster WANTS to do, but perhaps it is worth it. Sending some money to the police, to keep their nose out of our business, or perhaps even helping our business, seems worth it to me.

As I stated, things have been a lot tougher lately, and it seems as if the cops are on their shit now. I know they want more money, and in order to make money, I have to spend it. As much as I DESPISE the police, and the things they have put me through, sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures, and perhaps it's time for me to involve myself with the law, and pay them to keep their mouths shut.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Desperate Times
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL