Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 19:18:45
Page:  1 
Loyalty and Respect Started by: Sylence on Oct 02, '07 00:42
An old Mafioso walks into the street wearing a finely pressed suit and shaking his head at everyone he sees..

Some of you people make me SICK and you make this thing of ours, the mafia, omerta, the rules we live and die by look like a joke. Who taught some of these people how to be Mafioso? It appears to me either nobody or whoever is teaching these people needs to have their throat slit..

Today and last night I noticed something that makes me tremble and is against almost everything we should stand for..(Or should stand for)

When a leader dies, is it right for his Consigliere, Hitsquad Leader and many other members of his family to join the enemy?? (The leader who killed their leader I am saying)

We swear loyalty to our leaders when we join them, then when they die I see so many people change and jump ship so to speak..

These people aren't new, and even the dumbest criminal knows a bit of loyalty.. You do NOT join the enemy when your leader dies.. period simple (UNLESS you were involved in the takedown in the first place.. and in that case you're a traitor and you deserve your throat slit also)

What is a Mafioso to do when their leader dies and they find themselves without a home? Well its simple.. You either do what you are supposed to do, which is fight in the name of your family and die or your search for another family..

But for the love of GOD do not join the family that just took out your family?? Where is the loyalty people...

Sighs deeply and shakes his head and spits... That is what I think of some of you right now..

Study your history, study your morals and think twice of your actions when your put in this position..

To those who think they are untouchable, and can kill whoever they want.. come to the streets preaching about why, who and where, you might have good intentions but simply remember there is ALWAYS a bullet with your name and its always looking for you.. Be remembered for what you stand for, not for the weak displays of power you show.

Lights up a thick cigar and takes a deep puff.. Inhaling the smoke and slightly coughing as I walk away spitting in the direction of those who would become traitors..
Report Post Tip
I agree but seeing as there are only a very few that can shoot and even less that have the money to carry on a war. Ordinarily the RHM or capo etc would be able to offer a headquarters or somewhere for the mafioso to lay their headsa after a day of fighting. but thats not possible at the moment so jumping ship is, unfortunatly, the only realy option
Report Post Tip
When only three families exist, and they are together in all actions, including wars, who would you propose people join when their leader dies? If a person is sleeping (offline all night) and comes back to see their leader dead, do you recommend they start shooting without cause or justification, because they do not have the full story? Honestly, Omerta is great on paper, but not easily practiced.

I would join any family that would take me, because I am more valuable alive than I am dead. I have aspirations, and those aspirations can not be achieved if I am dead. Families like having me around because I offer something that many others cannot offer. If someone shoots my leader, I will not hide in a corner and wait to die.

If it was a justified shot, because of ignorance or just plain stupidity (and admit it, not everyone in our history deserved to go bold), I will join another family. If it was a true war between multiple families, I will fight my damndest to win the war, taking as many people as I can, but when the war is over and we collect our dead and say our RIP's, you have to start looking out for yourself. The family name, after a war is finished and everything is clean once again, no longer exists. You have to do what is best for you. If you think it is best to keep fighting a lost battle, then so be it. More power to you.

I for one believe in survival of the fittest and if I can survive a war, I will try to keep surviving and find a new home.
Report Post Tip
These people are the ones that don't have the ball's, there just useless pawns in this game of chess..

Before you people even think about this being the new leaders fault, it isnt, the new leader has every right to take them in, it shows he has the power and is the one thats able to run the family, it also tells us the leader before hand was weak and was'nt capable of having loyal members. Some

family heads would think the 'useless pawns' were unworthy of there invite, some not, it doesnt change the fact that there previous leader was weak.
Report Post Tip
Listens to the few mafioso who replied and ponders..

Sounds like a lot of mafioso learned how easy it is to jump ship and can rationalize their reasons out of greed and only worrying about themselfs.

Im not saying its wrong to join another family and survive, but it is wrong to join the enemy who just took out your family. It is like spitting in your old leaders face. If you think your leader deserved it, then you should have put a bullet in your own head a while ago and moved on..leaders demand loyalty and expect respect - and we are teaching the new mafioso's all the wrong traits when we come to the street with excuses on why its right to join the enemy.. when its wrong.

A leader apoints a congiliere, a hitsquad leader and other positions out of trust and loyalty.. how loyal are you when you are given that position, your leader dies and you jump ship and join the punk who shot your boss!! grumbles

Shrugs shoulders and sighs.. maybe the world we live in has changed and respect and loyalty dont mean the same thing anymore..
Report Post Tip
Polpot, your pretty spineless. :)
Report Post Tip
Spineless? Because I survive? Because I continue going and find refuge with those who will take me? I think I am just smarter than you...

;)
Report Post Tip
Survival is one thing.. survival is a coward is another.

Finds a cigar in his pants pocket and lights it up..and laughs

My father was murdered for this thread.. I can understand how some people who are cowards would do things like that but I only hope new mafioso's can realize how the mafia should be run.. and how things are being run.

Laughs loudly and blows out a cloud of smoke...

He picked his words carefully, he did not call out anyone and brought up a very real subject and was murdered while walking down the street with his pimp stick.

Welcome to the mafia I suppose hehe Winks at the new mafiosos and the cowards
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Loyalty and Respect
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL