Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 07:11:53
Page:  1 
Stealing Heaven Started by: RobertoDiamante on Feb 02, '12 14:00

Roberto was smiling with pride as the sign board was being lifted up by the carpenters. He had every reason to be. He arrived by boat just a week ago after traveling the far-east. He had tried setting several businesses there, but misfortune seemed to hound him. After several months of bad luck and near bankruptcy, he packed his bags, and decided to go home.

Upon arriving, he met his friend Nick Conti who suggested that he should open up his own restaurant here. With his help, they bought an old pizza house and renovated it. He brought in tables and chairs styled with oriental carvings. A huge aquarium would greet you as you enter. Live exotic delicacies could be seen swimming within it. A long bar shined to perfection was placed on the left side, where diners could enjoy a couple of shots before being taken to their table. A long table was placed not far from it, where more exotic meals were displayed. Scorpions,bugs, octopus.... all sorts of odd looking creatures either grilled or boiled and sauteed with a variety of herb and spices.

The carpenters hammered the last nail. He looked up and read the sign...

"Stealing Heaven"

Enter and enjoy

Report Post Tip

Sneaker enters the new establishment but is perplexed to find there isn't a menu.

She goes to the bar and has a couple shots of whiskey while they are found. Maybe they aren't back from the printer yet ...

Report Post Tip

The fresh sawdust in the gutter indicating the recent refurbishment must ndeed have been very recent, Santino wanders into the Premises to check out the menu.

Expecting to find a pizza restuarant he is rather surprised by the fare on display and is fascinated by the variety of species contained in the large aquarium.

Spotting what looks like some kind of Silver Carp, Santino points at it and says:

Can I have that one please, grilled would be preferable but go easy on the spices please.

Oh, and please leave the head on, them eyes look delicious.

Report Post Tip

"Well, Hello there!" He greets Sneaker and Santino as he walks out from the kitchen. He looks at Sneaker then points at the buffet table.

"You can pick from all the delicacies I have laid out there, or you can choose from all those tasty swimming creatures in the aquarium." He then points at the aquarium.

"I would suggest something mild if it's your first time to try these exotic dishes. I would suggest a bug salad first." He smiled at Sneaker, waiting for a reply.

He then turns to Santino then claps his hand.
"Wonderful, and an excellent choice my good man. Grilled carp is one of the tastiest delights we have here."

Report Post Tip

Kanye walks into the place and looks around at all of the food that was there.

He then grabbed a plate, and made his way to the buffet and filled his plate with food.

"Definitely gonna need something to wash this all down!"

Kanye went to get a drink that he could eat with his food.

Report Post Tip

Vedrone walked in with a friend and looked around a bit.

Whaddoya think, should we eat that?

He asked pointing to the exotic animals on the long table. Seeing that they were eaten by other people, he decided to give them a try.

Report Post Tip

"Come in come in. Try these exotic dishes and I'm sure you'll come back for more." He leads Vedrone and his friend to an empty table.

He then walks towards Kanye and hollers for the waiter.
"Get this man a pitcher of ice cold beer!"

Report Post Tip

Santino hears the proprietor greeting a new customer.

"Come in come in. Try these exotic dishes and I'm sure you'll come back for more."

And muses on how wise them words are.

Having visisted Stealing Heaven himself just a few days ago, the big man with the big appetite has sought the exotic restaurant out once more.

After being greeted like a celebrity Santino is seated at an ornate table towards the rear of the room and spends several minutes studying the intricate carvings on the furnature.

Roused from his perusal by a sweet brunette waitress, his mind switches suddenly to musings of another nature. He spends s moment checking the waitress out whilst she asks him for his order.

Very nice, he thinks to himself, not just thinking about the food.

Good day to you young lady. The last time I was here I enjoyed a wonderful silver carp from your live stock selection and enjoyed it so much that I have returned to sample more of your fine fare.

From what I see on display here today, I'm sure that I'll be back again real soon too.

What can you recommend for me today? I am always eager to enjoy fresh experiences and sample new wares.

Do you have a dish of the day?

Sitting there smiling at the pretty young waitress who's trying her utmost not to blush Santino takes a sip of the complimentary Orange Blossom cocktail.

Report Post Tip

Sneaker looks at the man quizzically. She steps outside and rereads the sign. "Stealing Heaven" That is what she thought. She re-enters and heads to the place placing a C note on it.

I think the drinks were enough for me. This is not my kind of cuisine.. Good day.

Sneaker heads out in search of something much more traditional.

Report Post Tip

Having heard of the demise of the restaurant owner of Stealing Heaven, Sneaker is positive his own cuisine killed him. She decides to spare everyone else from the grim reaper. She shows up at Stealing Heaven with two coke bottles filled with gas and a couple rags. She waslks into the middle of the room, puts a rag in one of the bottles and lights it. She throws it towards the kitchen. She prepares the other bottle, lights it and throws it at the bar. As flames engulf the establishment, Sneaker walks out and disappears into the night.

Report Post Tip

Fozzie walks past what was once a popular place in Detroit, only to see it now covered in dark burns and debris after a recent fire ravaged the building

Its a shame that City Hall can't remove buildings that are derelict like this one. I can't imagine anyone will ever eat or drink in here again in its current state. Much simpler for someone to open a new place than to re-build this one, too.

Report Post Tip

Santino passes by the burnt out property and remembers enjoying a good meal here once.

Sadly with the demise of the businessman who ran the joint brought about the end of the venture.

Looking at the melted sign he suddenly laughs

ali   H aven

Oh well, at least someone will still be welcome here.

Report Post Tip

Mercury sees the sign and laughs. She thinks Detroit really needs to do something about these rundown neighborhoods. Maybe some of these properties can be razed so new establishments can be built?

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Stealing Heaven
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL