Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 06:50:25
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
What would you do Started by: Alessia on Jun 14, '08 18:17
If someone breaks 'your' rules or you have grounded reasons to believe he/ she will break them in the near future, you have to take action to prevent this from happening (again).

In this particular case, yes I believe you have to eliminate the threat. Keep in mind, let the punishment equal the crime.

By keeping your eyes and ears open, you might get some of them not all. And if you are lucky it made some difference when the time is there.
Report Post Tip
And then there's always the possibility of just killing them and if you find out you were wrong to do so, shower their next of kin with inexpensive BGs and an apology. Personally, I'd start over if someone was willing to buy me a dumpload of BGs as I'll never have the chance to get them any other way. :) Anyone? Anyone?
Report Post Tip
It just comes down to how much you want power.

If you want power enough any amount of people are expendable. Personally, I would be lying if I said I would have done anything different than the leaders in power. New Gangsters with super skills are a threat to the existing regime and need to be dealt with.
Report Post Tip
What I would do is what leaders of the past always swore to do, which is protect their families at all costs. I guess these days our leaders kill their own families to ensure their personal survival.

Any justification for this is a bunch of B.S., there has always been powerful groups plotting against the group in power. There is always someone who wants to usurp the powers that be to take it for themselves. The big difference here, is that those old leaders used intelligence and investigation to find out who were their enemies, and when an attack might occur. These leaders show complete disregard for their own members, who they are supposed to protect, and just kill off everyone. It's a preemptive attack taken to ridiculous extremes. Using their logic, if you kill someone they will never get a chance to kill you. Heck, if that's the way they want to do it, I suppose they could just keep killing every new person the minute they rank to Gangster. That way no one can every get them! Yay!
Report Post Tip
"Any justification for this is a bunch of B.S., there has always been powerful groups plotting against the group in power. " - HQwackFTW

Yeah, and those groups all started out as Civilian zombies with 28+ Bodyguards, and had the stats of a Don, Consig or Boss, and 70% of whatever the amount of kills their dead bodies had before they were killed. And those groups also had the help of the Gods to hide their Bodyguard status to make shit fair for all Mafiosi, but also making it harder for the ones in power to maintain righteous in their decisions to kill a member or any Gangster that might be a threat.

Right? Riiiiight.

If you want to compare shit to different groups, make sure those groups were in same conditions as the above before opening your mouth, they got an advantage far more greater than any other group has had before and if they use it well, they can get back to the top without a problem. Something every leader out here has been trying to prevent, even with the odds against them, yes, "odds against them" because no matter what they do, you people keep bitching about it. There's never been one single war that innocent people haven't died in, and you all should know that what the leaders are fighting at the moment, is a goddamn war.

The war never ended, it was just a battle 9 days ago, the war will end when every confirmed threat is dead and gone.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
Report Post Tip
All of those Civilians, Valiant? How many CP were there? And how many innocents were killed? You are trying to justify the slaughter of hundreds to kill (bloodline hunt) a handful. Show me a war, ever, where this type of slaughter has took place. And killing of their own families! What a disgrace. This thing of ours has come to an end if we are now slaughtering our own families in the name of war. Justify it all you want, deep down inside you know it's wrong.

So war is now no longer a single event, but a continuous thing in your opinion. It's like I was saying, this war, as you call it, is going to continue on killing every gangster who might be a threat. This is pathetic. There is no bravery or honor in that. Your cowardly leaders might succeed, but how could they not? It's a foolproof plan to kill every new person who shows up. It's the only way to be sure they will survive. Why do you suppose no one has tried it before? Maybe because it's wrong?

Try to remember why all this started. It was to remove a group of leaders that were doing things that many disapproved of. Now ask yourself, how are these leaders any better?
Report Post Tip
I think I touched on this before: It's a means to an end.

CP had 4 months to show themselves, and this system has only been around a little over a week and the fight still isn't over. This is still a warzone. Lots of things can happen.

As I said before, the leaders aren't the Government. They don't have to be fair. They don't have to abide by human rights laws. They can do whatever they please. And considering this is a time where there's still extremely well trained guns that are completely under the radar that can shoot at anytime is a risk they're not willing to take.

They don't have to cater to your personal needs and tastes.
Report Post Tip
"All of those Civilians, Valiant? How many CP were there? And how many innocents were killed? You are trying to justify the slaughter of hundreds to kill (bloodline hunt) a handful."

Now where did I say "all of those Civilians"? And where do you see any of the leaders killing "hundreds" or me justifying it? And how is it "bloodline hunt" when said Mafiosi never really died in the first place and just took over someone else's body with the bodyguards they had and the remains of their stats and accuracy of their guns, it's the same people the war was being fought against, isn't it?

"Show me a war, ever, where this type of slaughter has took place. And killing of their own families! What a disgrace."

You have yet to prove to me where this "slaughter" took place. Nearly 80-90% of those who died, after the fact that the Gods said they were going to bring back the dead, just in different bodies. Those people who died while in a family either Retired or asked to be killed, it was strategy from their side, not a slaughter.

"So war is now no longer a single event, but a continuous thing in your opinion."

In my opinion, war is fought until there is no threat left out there from the opposing side, that much you yourself should know. And since the ones who should not have been alive, are brought back, what does that tell you? The war aint over because the opposing side is back, thus the war continues.

If all you want to do is cry about this shit and bitch. Why not just ask the CP's to retire? Wouldn't that be easier than bitching at something that you do not have the facts about? Wouldn't that save the "innocent" and all this would stop?

"It's like I was saying, this war, as you call it, is going to continue on killing every gangster who might be a threat. This is pathetic.

and

It's a foolproof plan to kill every new person who shows up."

Like you were saying, right? So stop saying it because it really is pathetic, when it's not even true.

"Why do you suppose no one has tried it before? Maybe because it's wrong?"

That's why they're not doing it. Get your facts straight kiddo.

"Try to remember why all this started. It was to remove a group of leaders that were doing things that many disapproved of. Now ask yourself, how are these leaders any better?"

You have yet to let them finish the war and settle down and start organizing things, but go criticizing what they do when;

1. You don't have any real facts.

2. Spew too much crap out of your mouth without listening thoroughly before replying.

3. You bitch but don't give any form of advice to solve the issue.

4. You have the silliest name I ever seen.

5. All you want to do is stir shit up.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What would you do
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL