Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 05:13:15
Page:  1 
Why is bloodline hunting so wrong Started by: Fiddler on Jun 15, '08 14:15
Jumps on his soap box and clears his throat

Ladies and gentleman, I am coming here today t have a serious debate. A grown up debate. A debate on a topic which we all sure have an opinion on.

The topic of bloodline hunting.

For this turds amongst us, Bloodline hunting is the act of finding out who the son of an enemy is, and killing them. Then finding their son, and killing them. And continuing killing the bloodline as soon as they turn gangster. This usually ends with the family leaving the shores completely.

But my question is 'Is bloodline hunting so wrong?'

Now dont get me wrong, I am all for trying to get as many people on ships across to America as possible to enable the world to be better. But isnt bloodline hunting just life???

Look at it this way. Dave go's rogue. Tries to kill Jonnie_Reese. Misses. Jonnie_Reese kills him. Clearly Dave has a problem with Jonnie_Reese. Enough a problem that he was willing to put his life on the line trying to kill him.

Now DaveJr arrives shortly after his death. What is Jonnie_Reese supposed to do? Let DaveJr live? Knowing that the chances are high that he holds the same grudge as his father? Let him grow old and strong and then risk DaveJr going rogue again? I wouldnt want that risk.

So Jonnie_Reese takes out DaveJr, and now we have a family fued. Dave's Grandaughter, Tracy, is now pissed. Knowing that the same man killed her grandfather and daddy. Now she wants revenge. Jonnie_Reese knows about Tracy. Knows she is probably pissed off. What should he do? Let Tracy learn to shoot then risk being taken out? Or simply take her out, hoping to get rid of the family line completely?

What is a man to do?

Lets not forget, that the recent CP take out was done by the Premier family line. A family line which has gone rogue numerous times and been vocal about his dislike of CP. It was always going to be a dead cert that, were the next memeber of the Premier line, in this case Jonnie_Reese, were to rank high enough and silently enough, then he would take out the CP leaders? And this is what happened.

Families dont forget grudges. You really think the sons and daughters of the fallen CP leaders are just going to sit back and let Jonnie_Reese and the Alliance rule happily? They probably wont. So surely the best thing to do is for Jonnie_Reese to take out all known members? But then he gets accused of bloodline hunting.

Preserve yourself first, think of others later.

Thoughts?
Report Post Tip
This always seems to be a sensitive subject. My opinion is that blood hunting is wrong... to a degree.

Yes, I understand about self preservation. And the best way to accomplish this is to hunt those with a grudge against you and the ability to do something about it. Hell, we know that there are some family lines that will never leave this world no matter what is done to them. As Jonnie did, if you're smart about it, you can accomplish your goals.

But at the same time, taking out Junior just because of his father is a bit extreme. To judge someone that quickly is a bit... superficial, if that's the right word. There's some people who pride themselves in being nothing like their father. That come here with the hopes of starting anew.

And who is to judge which is which?

Obviously your debate is leaning towards another topic, but I'll keep it simple for debates sake.

Solution? There never really will be one, but the most balanced of solutions is to accept the son for who they are, but keep a close eye on them for where they come from. We will never live in a perfect world. But what fun would that be, anyway?
Report Post Tip
Jonnie Reese did what any of the CP's would have done, it's funny how people speak of "loyalty, honor, respect" and whatnot when they have none of it themselves. Fuck you all is my answer to anyone who says they never held a grudge.

My bloodline has been around for a long ass time around here, since this place appeared and made every old school Mafiosi happy to see it again, things changed though but it's basically the same place.

"CP" was given so many chances to prove themselves since the days of old, but something they said or did ALWAYS got them killed, and there's not one single CP out there that can deny ever being given a chance to do their own thing, not one. But why did they get killed? Because they wanted more power than they had, it ain't even just "CP" it's every fucking greedy bastard out there, man or woman, the problem here was that there was more than one "CP" it was no longer about one single family head but several of them who worked together as ONE family and not as their own Boss.

You can give people a chance to prosper in peace, but sooner or later shit will come back to bite you in the ass, this is what happened to CP, this is what happened to JohnnyAxe when CP took over, he let them grow too strong for him to handle alone, he let them have more than one CP in bold, a mistake that cost him dearly, Rest In Peace, Brother. And now you have the same people bitching about the same thing that they did back then to get into power.

Before all this crap, we had several CP's in bold, this wasn't the first time they got a chance to lead, however it was the first time they ever got to a position where they were top dogs, you'd think that they'd change a bit, make this place prosper, plan shit out and make a better tomorrow for the Mafiosi around here, they HAD the power, be it money, protection and whatnot, they COULD have all remained in the same family and given others a chance to do their thing, but instead they chose to auth their own to grow stronger, which actually made them weaker. Funny how that works, not that they turned on each other I mean why would they? A CP kills a leader for no reason and the rest of 'em sit back and do nothing about it. Not to mention killing off their own highest ranks who had done nothing to deserve death, accused of helping the enemy or whatever the bullshit reason it might be.

This ain't got shit to do with bloodline hunting, it's preserving our way of life, the way it should be. Where you don't just sit back and do jack and shit about things when you see someone fall for no reason as a leader, where you don't sit back and wait for some idiot to kill off your entire family to get to you, when and if every "threat" is dead and gone, I hope the leaders out here will think of the future and what they want to do, if not, adios Cosa Nostra.

Holding a grudge is one thing, got jack to do with bloodline hunting. Hunting someone for who they are or were because of OOC reasons, is gay to say the least, but I look at it this way, they hunted my bloodline when it wasn't even around, would that justify me to kill them off if I ever found 'em? I believe the answer is yes, why would I let 'em breath if I know despite the fact that I wasn't even "here" I was being hunted and called names, not only by CP's but also from so called friends, ain't that some shit? When and if you use OOC reasons to come after me and stop playing this..."game of life" so to speak, you can expect my ass to come after you no matter who you are.

I'm in the most fucked up pissed off mood today, and this topic ain't helped improve it at all. Usually I go by the old "an eye for an eye" and if/when whoever killed my Boss, father or whatever is dead I stop there. - But people crossed the line between game and reality, now they can expect me to do the same.

Is bloodline hunting wrong? My answer is; All depends on what their bitch ass did.

End of rant.
Report Post Tip
So Valiant, after that long rant, your sitting on the fence!
Report Post Tip
Kicks Fiddler in da nuts and runs away.

That's for wanting me to sit on the fence. I AM FREE TO DO AS I WISH!
Report Post Tip
Ouch! there is no need to do that!

I hope you get splinters in your bottom from that fence now!
Report Post Tip
Ive had a really rough day and im tired as hell, so if I cant articulate my point well enough, eh, fuckit.

Bloodline hunting is a double edged sword, there is both good and bad involved in it, both safety and risks, and both "settling the score" versus "perpetuating the problem".

Every blood line needs to be thought about in relation to what they did to you. If someone killed you in a war for the reason of the war - or strategy.. Then theres a very good chance that it was a one-shot deal, and there was no real hatred/malice behind it. It simply came down to the "then and there decision for what was right for the cause", not some huge hatred that a lot of us incorrect feel from deaths. When the victim comes back on their next account, it can be handled a few different ways. One of which - is blood line hunting, to forever go and try to kill the person who killed you. You let the hate of you losing your character blind you into thinking that you need to kill them... forever... that they singled you out specifically because of who your are - and you need to deliver the same treatment to them... forever.

Theres a good chance that, as soon as they wacked you, they moved on to the next stage in their war, or whatever, and really didn't kill you for who you were, but only because it was part of a greater plan and you happened to be one of many that were on the list. They moved on, and, hope that you too move on... Maybbbeee they will deal with this coming back to haunt them a little later, but they may not be actively trying to kill you on every account you make.

Simply by starting up the bloodline hunting and vowing to kill your killer on every account they make, ends up breeding a huge dividing line between the two players that can only result in on thing - a never ending battle of the two trying to kill each other.

Before you go out on your quest to blood line hunt, you really need to stop and think... was I killed because of logistics in the war/greater scheme of things... or was I killed for actual hatred for me personally? If you strike back with the wrong reasons, you may infact just be *creating* the problem, rather than fixing it.

I would be willing to bet that a very large percent of the bloodline hatreds here have started because of an overreaction and over-personalization of a death. You can ask yourself, why do you really hate this person? Do you know the answer? Maybe you can find specific examples in things a person has done towards you.. but were they done as a result of actions you did in exchange for actions they did? Its a vicious circle that can be stopped in many cases with a few heart to heart mobmails. Or, like wise, it can end up into a heated hatred towards each other that lasts a lifetime.

Eh, I am rambling here and not making much sense, so, ill try to sum it up in a few lines here.

When you die, you make the active choice in determining the fate of your next few characers, and the enjoyment you get out of the game by making the decision on how you handle your response to your death. You can handle it in a manner that leaves you with a bitter enemy for the rest of time that you guys play this game... Or... you can handle it in a manner that results in both of you going your seperate ways knowing that creating a bloodline hatred towards each other will both just hold you both back and result in a never ending premature death that really doesnt help anything.

The best players here are the ones who are able to use their mind and voices to win the game. The rest simply don't have what it takes to take a shitty situation - and constantly come out on top. Its a simple tug of war between brains, heart, and gonads.

So the next time you die or are on the receiving end of something bad... Stop and think. Am I able to handle this in a smart way... Or... am I going to knowingly and willingly turn this into a multi-year duel that prevents you from ever reaching the top again.

You always have a choice, but sometimes, the wrong organ choses the answer, and the right one gets told to STFU.
Report Post Tip
Nothing you do will ever permanently prevent you from rising to the top.

I have no doubt that my bloodline for the time being will be sought out, even when I'm not walking the streets. That is really nothing new for me and I've been to the top and back to bottom plenty of times.

Eventually someone comes knocking who wants your guidance, experience or reputation on their team. You have to just have the stomach to constantly hear whispers for a few generations.

If the current leaders choose to bloodline hunt, that is up to them. They won't be the first to do it and they certainly won't be the last.
Report Post Tip
*Grabs a pen and paper due to a broken jaw from his ex-wife*

All my bloodlines have different personalities...(still gotta see my doctor about that). But eitherway bloodline hunting is wrong due to the fact I wouldnt live one second if everyone participated in it. As of matter of fact alot of people would be dissapearing due to this. So therefore its wrong, all vote nay? Yay!

*Tacks his reply on the board with his two broken fingers from his ex-girlfriend(s)*
Report Post Tip
I prefer to kill everything all the time no matter what. But that's what makes me the dumbest character George Lucas ever conceived of. Sorry for your time. :/
Report Post Tip
When it comes to that I hate to say it but it's who you know when it comes down to a takedown. If your a mute goomba in the family someone will most likely off you just because they think no one will take notice. On the other hand if you are a big speaker and have many contacts in many families their is a chance that one of your contacts will help you get shelter.
Report Post Tip
Well...I seem to be wandering around like a drunken fool and said this is the wrong cycle. My thoughts on this subject is simple. If their a treat that you know is gunning for you kill it.
Report Post Tip
there is no need to do that!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Why is bloodline hunting so wrong
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL