Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 09:45:50
Page:  1 
Gatos Taverna Started by: SalvatoreGato on Feb 14, '12 20:56

As you enter Gatos Taverna you see a large room. It is filled with dark furniture. The tables are arranged in a circle. In the middle of that circle there is a little stage where some Jazzbands can play. On the side of the room you can see the long counter with a good filled shelf behind it. The place is filled with a smell of italian food and some nice jazz from the gramophone.

"Welcome to Gatos Taverna. May I lead you to a table?" One of the waiters say

After you have reached the table the waiter hands you the menu

"This week we serve Mediterranean Lunch" The waiter says

On the menu you read:

Starter: Grilled Eggplant Involtini - Smoky grilled eggplant slices are rolled around milky, fresh ricotta cheese; the bundles are neatly tied with a chive.

Main: Pasta with Artichokes and Rouget - This simplified version uses dried fettuccine tossed in a terrific sauce of sautéed artichoke hearts, garlic and tomatoes.

Dessert: Mascarpone-Stuffed Dates - A dusting of unsweetened cocoa adds an appealing bitterness to this simple one-bite dessert.

"Every week we serve other themed meals. Of course you can order some other food if you want to but those are our specialities."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Sir I will have 2 of the house speicals

I worked up an appetiate getting here.

Report Post Tip

Swaggy walking down the streets, finds a small quaint place in a nice part of town in DT. He smells some good food comming from this place as his stomach rumbles (pardon me). He walks in and is greeted with the smell of fresh vegetables, smoked meats and assorted breads fresh out of the oven. Swaggy cannot resist and has a seat grabbing a menu. The menu reads:

Starter: Grilled Eggplant Involtini - Smoky grilled eggplant slices are rolled around milky, fresh ricotta cheese; the bundles are neatly tied with a chive.

Main: Pasta with Artichokes and Rouget - This simplified version uses dried fettuccine tossed in a terrific sauce of sautéed artichoke hearts, garlic and tomatoes.

Dessert: Mascarpone-Stuffed Dates - A dusting of unsweetened cocoa adds an appealing bitterness to this simple one-bite dessert.

He thinks to himself, all of that sounds good and places his order, he also orders a nice Merlot wine, and awaits his order

Report Post Tip

Sal saw his first two customers coming in and walked over to their tables.

"Heya guys! Nice to see some new faces around here. How are you fine gentleman doing?" Sal said with a smile on his face

Sal made a sign to the waiters to bring a glass of whiskey to the tables

"I hope you guys like a good whiskey"

"Mr. MoreLess. I will let you come the Main and the Dessert. Those two are great together. Hope you'll enjoy it." Right after he placed an order for MoreLess Sal went over to Swagsauce

"Hope you're doing good, sir. I told the chef to prepare the whole menu. Should be done soon. How is business?"

Report Post Tip

Back in The Motor City Santino's ravenously starving and although he's passed a few eateries none of them seem particularly welcoming. They're either grubby or the menus are just way too boring.

Spotting a brightly painted new sign

Gatos Taverna

Santino decides to stop by this new establishment and sample their wares.

The furnature is made from good, solid American wood and Santino picks a table where he can observe any movement in, or out of the place.

Checking the menu, he's pleasantly surprised to see a simple meal of the week rather than the usual combination of bland offerings.

As the waiter arrives to take his order Santino can't wait, the aroma wafting through from the kitchens reminds him of Sicily and his Mama's home cooking.

One of your themed meals then young man, all courses for me, but with a little time between each if you please.

Have you a selection of drinks which I can choose from?

Report Post Tip

Gatos Taverna is an interesting and nice establishment to have lunch in. Ladyfighter heard from one of her friends.

She sees the sign in the streets and gives it a go and enters. The waiter is coming towards her and asks if she is alone or waiting for company to come.

"Today I am alone sir, but you never know, if I like this place, I will come back with my friends."

The waiter brings her to a table and tells her about the weekly menu.

Starter: Grilled Eggplant Involtini - Smoky grilled eggplant slices are rolled around milky, fresh ricotta cheese; the bundles are neatly tied with a chive.
Main: Pasta with Artichokes and Rouget - This simplified version uses dried fettuccine tossed in a terrific sauce of sautéed artichoke hearts, garlic and tomatoes.
Dessert: Mascarpone-Stuffed Dates - A dusting of unsweetened cocoa adds an appealing bitterness to this simple one-bite dessert.

Ladyfighter likes the menu and tells the waiter to bring her that lunch with a big glass of coke.

She sits back and looks around her and waits for her lunch to arrive.

Report Post Tip

T-Man runs in and sits down

"Could I have Pasta with Artichokes and Rouget and can you make fast I`v just escaped from jail and the coppers are after me"

T-Man waits to the food to be served when a police man busts in,T-Man tackles him to the ground and strangles him to he faints.

"SalvatoreGato have you got any places to hide him?"

Report Post Tip

Whilst walking the streets of Detroit and taking in the sights, Deadly decides he is hungry and his security look like they could use a good meal. Signalling to his driver to pull over, Deadly pulls a cigarette from his pocket and lights it. He hops out of the car and finishes his cigarette before walking into the place.

"Welcome to Gatos Taverna. May I lead you to a table?" One of the waiters says.

"Yes please, I also need seats for my security team if that isn't a problem." Deadly gestures toward the crowd behind him.

The waiter nods and leads Deadly to his table, passing him a menu before showing the rest of his staff to their seats. The waiter returns to Deadly first..

"Bring me the chef's signature dish. Whatever it is that he cooks best, bring it to me." Deadly hands back the menu and awaits his food.

Report Post Tip

Sammy was given an address in Detroit to check out on his search. He paced the streets trying to find the place, before jumping into a cab and just asking the driver to take him there.

They finally arrived, Gato paid the man and stepped out of the cab, looking at the old, but very familiar, sign.

He had been to the Taverna before, but only in his youth. His Great Uncle Sal owned the place, while working in Detroit with his Grandpa Lou. Peering through the windows, he nostalgically recalled running over the stage and in between the musicians as they drank and played. The tables and chairs that he stood on and sang along to the amusement of his Uncles friends. The place was clearly closed down. 

Standing back again, Sammy scribbled his details on a scrap of paper and posted it in the letterbox.

"I hope your kin finds me, Uncle Sal."

Report Post Tip

Charlie walks in and takes a seat he gets a menu and decides he would rather just have a glass of water to start of with and work his way up to the meal he was waiting for a friend to arrive as well so he took awhile to look over the menu and frequently checked his watch to see what time it was and if his Friend was running late

To bad there were no portable phones if only he could somehow call the friend but eh what was he thinking he knew this friend almost his whole life he wasn't the dude to just bail out on something like this he was a reasonable guy and he knew he would be there soon maybe a few minutes late but eh who hasn't been late on occasion

Report Post Tip

Lunch time in Detroit and Liquid decide to visit good taverna

"hello sir,do you have any table for me?"

waitress said yes and lead Liquid to the table

Liquid took menue and imediatly he knew what he want to eat

a Mediterian lunh

"can you give me all from mediterian menue?I smell home"

"and please can I get some red wine?"

Report Post Tip

Wandering in, he followed the scent of food as the beer and rum, rolled round his stomach as if pre-lubricating for the food.  Wandering into the taverna, he smiled as the combination of food and spilt alcohol filled his nostrils with joy.

"I will grab your starter, main and desert but can you not send them til i have finished each dish please"

as he looked behind the bar, he smiled.

"and i will grab a bottle of rose to wash it down"

pausing he rummaged through his wallet ready to pay

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Gatos Taverna
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL