Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:52:13
Page:  1 
Fiction in New York Started by: Xiphos on Feb 25, '12 02:09

It was 8:30 in the morning, and Xiphos was still sleeping. He heard the phone ring, and he creaked his eyes open. Before reaching for the phone, he felt a stir on the other side of the bed. He calmed last night's female companion and she went back to sleep. He padded over to the phone, and answered it in a raspy, first thing in the morning, voice.

"Hello?...Oh shit, I forgot to set my alarm clock...I'll be right over."

Clarity had called him. He was supposed to be in her office half an hour ago. Today was a big day. They were supposed to discuss who was to take over her family when she took over the position of Godfather. He had a few names in mind to discuss with her, but she would ultimately make the decision.

He was strolling through the city, and stopped by a coffee shop to pick up a fresh cup of coffee. He couldn't start his day without one, or he'd be dragging his feet all day. His night life required caffeine. He passed many businesses on his stroll. Some owned by legit business owners, some by his colleagues in the New York crime syndicate. He admired all of them. He was a man who loved money, and all of these businesses brought money in some way, shape or form. After about a 30 minute walk, he arrived at the Guns and Horses, Inc. HQ, and took a step inside. This place had been a second home for him for longer than he cared to think about. He stepped inside Clarity's office, and took a seat opposite her.

After about an hour of discussion, files passed back and forth, Clarity laid her hands down on the table.

"I've made my decision..."

She laid a file out, turned it, and slid it in front of Xiphos. He looked down, anxious to know who she chose. The shock on his face was evident when he saw his own file in front of him. He looked up at her, and back down at the file. He had no idea that he was even an option. His pride began welling up inside of him. They continued discussing his future to the detail. He knew exactly how it was going to go down.

Hours later, the surprise celebration he had planned for Clarity's promotion was in full swing. He had taken his seat back at the table, and was allowing all who desired, to congratulate his boss. Soon enough Clarity was tapping her glass and getting everyone's attention. She had pulled him up on to the table, and he was quite confused. They had agreed to announce his auth the next day, but apparently she had different plans. When she finished, he decided he'd say something to the crowd.

"I cannot express how honored I feel to have been chosen to run my own family in New York. Clarity has given me a lot, and I can only hope that I can give back what is owed."

He shifted a little nervously on the table, clearly not knowing what to say. He hadn't planned for this after all.

"A wise man that I looked up to while he was alive once said that your life is like a fiction story, and that you are the author of that fiction story. You decide what happens, the events that define you, and how it ends. Your whole life is written by you. When I heard this, I took it to heart. Determined to turn my life into the best damn story I can make. I feel that I'm on the right path, and I will continue writing until I am ready to end my story. In honor of this wise man, I have decided to name my family in honor of his philosophy."

Xiphos looked out at the faces in the crowd.

"Without further adieu, I introduce you all to the newest, yet also oldest, family in New York City...Fiction."

Report Post Tip

Technical appeared as one of the faces in the crowd. He smiled when he heard the news and looked at everyone else's expressions. Some of these people look like durdens he thought. Regardless he turned his attention back to Xiphos.

You sir will run that family walking tall and proud. You most definitely earned it. I just want you to know I'm proud of you. Keeping doing that thing you do. Fiction will be a good family for New York.

Technical watched one of the durdens walk towards a backalley and tracked him. Technical and the alleged Durden disappeared from view. If you listened hard enough you could almost hear the sound of a shot being fired. It didn't really draw your attention though.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations on this step forward, Xiphos. As one who has often been accused to be a womanizer myself I am happy to see you overcome the reputation in a city full of high ranking broads. I'm sure you will do well and will continue to help build the fine city of New York. Perhaps we can even change the matriarchal culture here enough that we aren't constantly called pigs every time we get caught going through their dirty laundry.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Xiphos! Now that you have your own HQ, I shall waste no time in decorating it in Carthaginian theme and motives as it's only proper. Cheers and good luck!

Report Post Tip

The most pleasant of honors are the ones that are completely unexpected. Congratulations Xiphos, there can be no doubt that after your active presence on these Streets for a considerable amount of time, you deserve what has been given to you. I wish you the very best of luck as you serve under Godmother Clarity.

Report Post Tip

It is a pleasure and honor to be working besides you sir. May our destinies collide and create a better world. We are NY and we are here to stay!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations are in order my friend. We have worked hard together here in NY and I know that if anyone in NY deserves it its not you. I kid of course, there has not been a time when I came to you with help or questions and you turned me away. You and your Family will do NY proud. Long my the Fiction continue.

Report Post Tip

Having dealt with you on a number of occasions as the Right hand to the wonderful Clarity, I've always found you to be a stand up man. Clearly New York is well aware of the abilities you posses having given you the chance to take over the running of Clarity's family, I have every confidence that you'll step up to the plate without any trouble at all.

I look forward to seeing you put your own mark on the family and joining the ranks of the other excellent leaders already in place in the Big Apple. Congratulations Xiphos.

Report Post Tip

Well I must say that you look great in your new, bold suit. Congratulations my friend. If there is anyone who has deserved it, you're definitely the person. You've put in many hours for this city and filling in for your previous position will not be an easy task because of your natural talent as a leader. I wish you the best of luck with your family. Continue to make us all proud!

Report Post Tip

Sweeney and his pet frog Mr. Albert were skipping along the city of New York to see the new spot on where a new New York City crew will be annouced. Sipping a Mtn Dew along the way. He picks up Mr. Albert and puts him in his coat pocket next to his drugs. At the spot where Fiction is introudce. Sweeney walks over to a bench and leans foward to hear the speech. At the end of the speech. Sweeney went up to Xiphos.

Good job, mate. All of us in The Dance of the Dammed. We welcome you into the New York Crime Syndicate. Welcome! And, good luck!

Report Post Tip

Sammy walks up to Xiphos, and shakes his hand.

"I agree with Aeolus, you definitely do look good in that new suit of yours. It goes without saying how much you deserve this opportunity. You have stuck by Clarity's side through thick and thin, it's not time for you to start your own chapter. You'll do New York proud, I'm sure of it. I'll always be here to kick you if you don't!"

Sammy shakes Xiphos' hand, and smiles, tipping his hat.

Report Post Tip

Congrats Xiphos. Good luck and fortune!

Report Post Tip

Immortal smiles at her friend Xiphos and waves.

I have known you for a long time now and I have to say that I'm so pleased and overjoyed to see that you have gained this new position. I know that you will work wonderfully along side everyone and I am looking forward to seeing what all you do.

She nods as she gets in a car and then goes about her next venture.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Fiction in New York
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL