Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 13:23:38
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Profile pictures hosted locally. Started by: enkindle on Feb 25, '12 22:02

All profile pictures will now be hosted by MR. Rather then setting a URL in your profile you can now upload, crop and resize your image and save it.

The basic steps to update your picture are now:

1. Go to Manage -> Profile
  2. Click "Picture: Click here to change..."
  3. Choose your file and upload it.
  4. Select the area you want. 
    • The preview on the right side is what you will get in your profile.
    • If you want to use the whole image simply click "Clear Selection"
  5. Click the "Finalize and Save Image"

Your image will now be added to the queue and you will receive a log when it has been handled. This usually takes less than a minute.

The new max displayed size for profile images is 200 wide by 250 tall.

Crew crests will be updated to max size of 200 wide by 90 tall.

Report Post Tip

nice

Report Post Tip

Looks better this way.

Report Post Tip

Can I ask what the point/benefit of this is as opposed to letting people choose other hosting services? The only thing that this seems to do is add server strain to the site.

Report Post Tip

It adds almost no load to the server and it removes a pretty bad security issue with the old method.

Report Post Tip

can you add the option to submit pics from other site? Maybe with an approval system? I'm on a tablet only and can't upload from it.

otherwise, a great feature.

Report Post Tip

No can do, theres a pretty big security issue with doing that. Sorry.

Report Post Tip

oh, I don't mean the old system, I mean for people like me, I'm on a tablet, exclusively, I can't upload. So I'm suggestion have a off shoot of the upload page where you can send a pic to the staff via url, either they can upload it and add it as the profile pic, or simply have an approve button so people, like me, can still upload, or at least have, a pic. You say its for security, this would be a security check point...

Report Post Tip

The issue would still be there, we can't allow users to give a URL that we load. It's just not safe. As for making it so the staff can do it, I'm not sure thats feasible really. I'll try to think of a way to make it happen for mobile\tablet users.

Report Post Tip

k, thank you.

Report Post Tip

I just uploaded a picture two days ago was fine, now its not working I followed the directions step by step.  Its also the correct size and a jpeg.

Report Post Tip

yea same hear i make profile pics and now i can't upload them for my buyers to get them. Now when i try to click finalize and save it isnt letting me click it.

Report Post Tip

So let's say i have some "old school" pictures in my back alley forum... How does one take them pictures and put and use them with the new feature?

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Profile pictures hosted locally.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL