Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:33:52
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
In the matter of Las Vegas. Started by: Superman on Feb 26, '12 00:26

Hello Ladies and Gents. ( + PoisonousJelly)

I am Superman, an extraordinary being sent here to make a difference in this world. I have only been here for a short time but in that time I have been making certain observations. The main focus of my attention has been the city I currently reside in, the wonderful Las Vegas of course!

You see, I came here under Spookz. Within days she was gunned down by a Corrections Officer. Silly girl! Then I was totally whored by DeadlySin, knowing how awesome I am he didn't really give me an option. I am happy though with CaI, it's got a good foundation and should succeed. There is my life story out of the way. (That is it atm, literally)

Now onto the reason I am here. In my short time I have noticed something different in Vegas compared to what my father told me about how the city was not so long ago. He told me that once the city was opened to basically anyone who met the criteria and had permission form their leaders, that people would go there and instantly be gunned down by their rivals. There were small fries trying to close the city, take control and basically try and show who had the biggest set of balls. It was quite embarassing at times. Now, fast forward a few months and what do we have? Currently 6 crews who seemingly work well together and to quite a certain extent, stability in the city. Quite some change eh?

It has been tough times in the city recently, especially via the curse of the dreaded gun malfunctions by Animal and Betsy (RIP to both). Even still when a leader has fell, almost instantly a protection order has been placed up by a fellow leader. This seems quite the norm but lets not forget vegas is different from all other cities. Crews are supposed to compete so surely they would be happy to see eachother fall? Er...no. There seems to be a bond forming lately in Las Vegas, a bond that with the recent tragedies there seems only to be growing some more. Las Vegas is a strong city, it is a fun place to beand there are many talented people living here who work hard and get along together regardless of which particular crew they are in. There is definetely a good base forming in the city.

So, what am I getting at?

With the city doing so well I believe it is time that the city is acknowledged as its own city and given recongition as independant. The current crews there have shown they are capable of living in harmony and have high aspirations to prosper. It would be nice to see the doors to Las Vegas closed to new auths from outside the city. I know the city is supposed to be open until there is a Godfather but really, why wait? There are currently 6 crews there, hence there is no need for any more. It's been fun in Vegas but now it should get serious. Instead of new auths popping up in LV every so often, why not promote Las Vegas and instead use another city as a 'fair game' city? Afterall, we have 3 open cities (yes, i know plans have been made). Or even better and more sensible, not have a 'fair game' city. Let's bring some professionalism back.

So, there are my thoughts. This may seem biased as I am LV myself but at the end of the day I believe the city deserves some credit now. I hope the GFC will consider this and make the correct decision.

Superman flexes and awaits for people opinions.

Report Post Tip

Senka listens to the young man and takes in his opinions.

I personally would like to see how it plays out until a Godfather is made there however have you thought about what it would mean to close the city and have it act as an independent? The cap for the number of crews in a city is 4. So 2 of the 6 would end up being removed either by stepping down or other means. I was just curious if you thought about that since I see that you are proposing to keep all 6 cews but have the city act as an independent.

Correct me if Im wrong but I thought an independent city could only have 4 crews maximum.

Report Post Tip

While I agree there are new Crewleaders sprouting in Las Vegas rapidly, and that, yes, most of them are not even close to being full,(Betsy's crew was, but unfortunately after his demise the 50 members he had dispersed into not only one Vegas crew, but a few different crews.) but the rules were that the city remain a Free For All city until a Godfather was appointed. As for inferring that Las Vegas is not a professional city, that is quite laughable sir. We are as professional as professional gets.

Instead of new auths popping up in LV every so often, why not promote Las Vegas and instead use another city as a 'fair game' city?

SpookzBoyToy, Spookz's(GRHS) Right Hand, set up in vegas hours after her death. He was a resident of Vegas. PoisonousJelly, Left Hand to Betsy recently set up after the dreadful gun malfunction on Betsy's part. He was a Vegas resident before his auth.

Report Post Tip

Senka, thanks for your input. I admittedly had not thought about the limit on crews in a city. Maybe close the city and see how it is having 6 crews pan out? If not I am sure other arrangements can be made. Besides what happens if/when someone gets Godfather and there are 6 crews? Will 2 crews be wiped out to stay in line with the rules then? Seems a tad unfair to me.

Report Post Tip

Z, I know SpookzToyBoy was Spookz RHM. I am also pretty sure I did not point him out in any way.

Neither did I say Las Vegas was unprofessional, I done the exact opposite actually if you read my comments about the city. When I mentioned professionalism coming back, I meant in terms of having a 'free for all' city, which is quite unprofessional in my opinion.

Report Post Tip

T-Man listening to Superman's speech,He decides to step up and speak

Hello ladies and gentlemen boys and girls,Superman has asked for our opinion so here is mine,Two family's move to Chicago and fight it out the other two move to Los Angles and fight it out and then the two remaining in Las Vegas can do the same.This is my opinion,It might not be a good idea but thats what I think.

T-Man then sits down and listen to the next person talking

Report Post Tip

Much appreciated _T_Man_ but as Godmother Clarity has already outlined the future of the outstanding open cities I am not sure that will quite happen. :)

Report Post Tip

Drake finishes his joint, then clears his throat as he begins to speak

You're making an excellent point here. I believe that if the other city heads believe that Las Vegas can be independent, then I would be more than happy to see it. I believe that if all of the crew heads in Las Vegas figure out a city head and captain, then the city can show promise of being independent. I believe a city with open auths is too unorganized to be an independent city. 

Those are my thoughts. I hope to see Las Vegas grow and be successful, and being independent will allow that to happen. 

Drake sparks another joint and walks away.

Report Post Tip

_T-Man_ I believe the other empty cities already have plans as Clarity spoke on another street corner.

Superman, I have no idea but I was just saying that there are limits. I have no idea how that has to happen once a GF is in Las Vegas. I know that all cities have a cap of four crews per city as the Godfather Council wishes.

Report Post Tip

_T-Man_, while you are entitled to your own opinion, I'd just like to say a few things.

War is bad for business. War should be avoided at all costs. Why tear apart a wonderful relationship established between the current city leaders and put them in a cage match to the death? This kind of trigger-happy attitude is why our world is in the current state that it is. Vegas has seen a dark past, with the gun malfunctions, to civil violence, we are just only finding stablility and then Spookz and Betsy die. Why would take this stablilty away?

As I said that is your opinion and you have every right to think that, I am only wondering why.

Report Post Tip

Superman smiles at Senka

I am sure it would be an obstacle easily crossed, if either LV was given independence or not and is graced by a Godfather in time.

Report Post Tip

Senka nods to Superman.

I'm sure that will be up for the Godfather Council to decide but I am glad I was able to give you something to at least think about.

Report Post Tip

The purpose of the Las Vegas experiment was to give people a place where they could fight for survival. That purpose expired when the IWP mobsters started to show up: no one can any longer waltz in thinking that they have a fighting chance.

Sure, why not, end the charade. The Las Vegas dream is already dead in all but name.

Report Post Tip

Once LV has a GF, the city could be left to work out just as DT did as DT started with 5. Once it dropped below 4, the 4 families per city cap came into play. Vegas could remain with 6 until such time as two are eliminated by whatever means.

Report Post Tip

I applaud Superman's speech almost until my hands bleed. I have been thinking the same thing for weeks but since it wasn't really my place to bring it up I was keeping my opinions to myself.

The excess of crews can be dealt with the same way it will be dealt with if they get a GF: by locking the city and allowing it to have extra crews until something makes the numbers of crew reduced. Either by gun malfunction or by offering a crew or two to move to another city.

Of all the options presented here I would like to see LV being "promoted" to a regular city and have another city as "fair game".

From the outside my bloodline has had lots of fun seeing people in LV battling it out but it is true that ever since IWP people started showing up in LV then all that went out the window. That goes to show that even if BGs are not the only factor for stability it does seem that they are essential to keep things within a city in check.

I even suggest that this new city doesn't allow people beyond EWP *ever* until a GF is announced or the city gets promoted. That way the fun is ensured until a real race winner takes the city.

Perhaps we can also allow crew to move out of the "fair game" city is another city head will take them in.

Report Post Tip

As beautiful as it would be for Las Vegas to be granted independence from the claws of the Las Vegas Experiment I do not see it happening any time soon. I fully believe that as long as the Godfather Council remains they shall wish to see a successful end to this experiment and I must also say that whom ever eventually takes full control of Las Vegas deserves an extremely well earned pat on the back.

I must also point out as Z did attempt earliar that all current Las Vegas Crewleaders have indeed come from Las Vegas crews of days gone by. That says a lot about our feelings for each other as not only peers but as friends. We look after our own as would any other city in the country and so far, so good.

When the experiment does indeed come to an end and we have a Godfather to take control of the city I do indeed hope that the Godfather Council will take the same stance as they did with Detroit if it comes to it. If there are more than 4 crews operating with in the city at this time that they be allowed to keep their family and let the numbers whittle down to 4 of their own accord. However if this is not the case who ever takes Godfather of the city I am sure will come to some sort of an arrangement and bring in to order the rules set by the Godfather Council. This would be a tough decision ofcourse but I am certain that the person who takes Godfather will have gone through enough life expieriances getting there to know what do do and how.

As for JohnGalt's comment. I can see how from looking in from the outside you would reach this opinion but believe me when I say... The Las Vegas dream may be dead and buried in the eyes of all those but the people currently working with in Las Vegas. I still hold on to the dream that one day we will all live to see one of us reach the rank of Godfather and I am fairly positive that the other leaders here do too. We still aspire to show the world what we are capable of and we are still very much hungry for the success of the city. No matter what the outside opinion is we will always hold each other with in high regard and work with each other to reach the greater goal. The bigger picture.

Report Post Tip

Beautifully said, Mr. Jelly. If I may make a suggestion, have whomever you guys are grooming to take over the city to refrain from shooting. I would really, REALLY hate to see another gun malfunction from the person in the clear lead to take the city.

(and this is me just being a bit silly and I'm in no way trying to stick my nose in your business, kind ser.)

Report Post Tip

Ha, not a problem Alistair.

I may even go as far as asking my friends to stop shooting their sleeping bums on a Friday. That day is quickly becoming known as Wack Back Friday in Sin City.

Report Post Tip

Alistair, you raise a valid point about bodyguards. While your theory about not protecting beyond EWP is quite reasonable, you also have to bear in mind that the city is additionally stymied by a rule that states no one may be demoted for bodyguards. 

While that is a trifling detail in the grand scheme of things, and a topic for discussion elsewhere, at the point a godfather takes over and the city becomes "legitimate" there is an immediate imbalance between the other cities and Las Vegas.  

I can see the point of your thought and I also understand the reasoning behind not allowing demotions for bodyguards but to impose both would imply the city would perhaps be viewed as a threat once ligitimacised!

Report Post Tip

A few thoughts, Farmer.

If they get a GF but nobody is IWP, how big of a threat can they be? And why would they be a threat regardless of BGs? I would have thought the downside of my idea is the opposite: how vulnerable they become once they get the GF compared to other cities.

Also, I am aware of how limiting it would be not to allow anybody over EWP ever, but if you know the rules beforehand then you can't really complain. The second they get a GF they can start demoting people like crazy.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: In the matter of Las Vegas.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL