Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:56:20
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Cities Started by: Squishy on Feb 27, '12 00:12

We have moved St Louis to Boston in an attempt to even out the distribution of cities by flight time.

We still need to alter the cities a little more, so any city that is not being used for more than 2 weeks will be removed so that we can ease the transition into a new feature that will require the cities to be even. We are trying to be preemptive since it is much easier for everyone if cities are moved/deleted when they are not occupied by crews than doing it at the last minute before the feature launches while they are still occupied.

All money in STL banks have been moved to Boston. All achievements done in STL have been forwarded over to Boston.

Thank you all for your patience during this transition, and enjoy Boston!

Report Post Tip

Does that mean all the people who were in St. Louis were moved to Boston as well? Or were they put in random cities?

Report Post Tip

I've been waiting for Boston to show up for 8 years. Today is quite the joyous day!

Sidenote: Please keep it forever.

Report Post Tip

Squishy  you have to change St. Louis on the topp to Boston also so we can see that we are in Boston not St. Louis :)

Report Post Tip

The city graphic has already been changed, hit Control-F5 to get a fresh version and not a cached one, and it should show Boston.

Report Post Tip

Thank you Squishy

Report Post Tip

Yay boston thank you

Report Post Tip

This is quite an interesteing move,i`m looking forward to see the next changes :)

Report Post Tip

So is it going to be a three hour flight from Boston to LV and LA as well?

Report Post Tip

Yes Kookaburra, Boston is East coast and already is a long distance flight from the West :)

Report Post Tip

I see that now.

Report Post Tip

May I ask how this evens out the flight times between cities?

It seems that the East coast is now given a lot more options than the West Coast...

Report Post Tip

From my own assumptions Phil this is just the beginning of another major game change. I doubt this is the last we'll see of changing cities to more coastal areas and i'm sure soon enough we'll find out the reason behind it.

Report Post Tip

"May I ask how this evens out the flight times between cities?

It seems that the East coast is now given a lot more options than the West Coast..."

The west coast had 2, center had 4, east coast had 2, making it 2 4 2, which would be gravely imbalanced for the new changes. We originally wanted to delete one of the center cities to make it more balanced, (2 3 2), but the CLs had plans for the 3 abandoned cities, so we moved a city making it 2 3 3 which is better than the original 2 4 2, while not optimal, it will create a more balanced playing field down the road than what we currently had.

Report Post Tip

I guess we just have to wait for those changes to fully understand.

My angle was referring simply to flight times...

Flight from west coast to east cost = 3 hours..

So from the west coast.. we now only have.. 4 options.. while on the east coast... they now have.. 5 options.

Example... In LA... you're 2 hour flight options which are reasonably priced as well are.... LV, NO, DET, Chicago .....
                 In NY, you're 2 hour flight options which are reasonably priced as well are... Philly, Boston, Detroit, New Orleans, Chicago

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Cities
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL