Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:56:40
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Mobmail Ignore Started by: Anubis on Feb 27, '12 03:58

I spent the better part of today nose deep in my keyboard knocking out code that should make all our lives easier. Mobmail Ignore. It allows you to do the Mobmail equivalent of tossing all mails from a person directly in the trash upon receipt, except to save us all some time, it just stops them being able to send the mail.

What it does is simple:

You add a person to ignore by either utilizing the form on the ignore page, or through a button on a message they have sent you.

Until they are removed from the ignore list they can no longer message you (and you can no longer message them.)

Public interactions are not blocked, so interactions in forums will still be allowed, but you will no longer receive mobmails from these people.

Well that's it! Enjoy!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Blocks all mail from Anubis

Job done. Nice work.

Report Post Tip

Yea so I'm like a nub and stuff. Forgot to post the link to the page. You can now find it under Manage -> Mobmail Ignore, or by CLICKING HERE

Report Post Tip

Stupid question; Would this include a Mass mail effort?

i.e. If I wanted to ignore one of the hands and they sent a mail to the family, would I still receive as they aren't selecting to directly mail me?

Just curious.. I <3 WhereWasI... Promise.

Report Post Tip

Yes, it should.

Report Post Tip

Hmm. An interesting concept in a written role playing game. I understand the out of character context this was created for but what about the in character consequences this is going to have? I can foresee this causing some problems. All in all if used responsibly this feature seems like a wonderful idea and a great way for site management to cover their asses! "This guy is harassing me on your site! Im sueing you!" "Use the ignore feature asshat"

Report Post Tip

I must say, this is a fantastic change. Kudos admins =)

Report Post Tip

I like the idea, but feelings might get hurt.

Report Post Tip

feelsings? people in this world have no feelings. ignore away might i say.

I got couple to ignore :P

Report Post Tip

<3!

That is all.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Mobmail Ignore
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL