Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:59:38
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Vision wont kick in until later Started by: Squishy on Mar 07, '12 23:08

Due to abuse, vision does not kick in until an account has aged 2 hours. The abuse, namely, someone suicide, checking a city on full vision, flying, checking a city, suicide, making a new vision account, checking a city, flying, checking a city... and so on.

This creates an unfair advantage to those who abuse the system to find people way beyond their "normal" abilities.

Report Post Tip

Spot on.

Report Post Tip

Hate hate hate hate. Um. Actually wait, this is a pretty decent idea. Kinda. Could've taken more time to think of how to implement this rather than just not giving n00bs locals a few hours after a complaint is made... But still, right on mateys.

Report Post Tip

"Could've taken more time to think of how to implement this rather than just not giving n00bs locals a few hours after a complaint is made..."

This has been on our radar since about the 2nd war after implementation of the info system. It was one of those cases where it was stuck at the bottom of our todo list for a long time, but since it was brought uptoday when I had a half hour to kill, figured it was a good time to put it in. Quite a bit of thought was put into it as to whats the best way to do it without affecting the most people, and a 2 hour window before info is at max causes the least amount of inconvenience to the masses. By all means I am up for any better idea which addresses this issue, but with all the ones suggested and thought of by users and admins, this fits the bill the best.

Report Post Tip

Fair enough, I'll sit tight and think of something that might work better. Doubt I'll actually succeed, but hell, it's worth the time.

Report Post Tip

I think it is great.. .I clearly remember watching a man suicided multiple times and start in a different city right before a big war about a month ago strictly to get locals for a war.. and it indeed worked well, but abused the idea behind it all

Report Post Tip

Great change. I'm sure enough time was spent thinking about this, despite people saying the contrary. :p

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Vision wont kick in until later
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL