Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 15:47:47
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Owning planes Started by: telkin on Jun 28, '08 23:17
i got this idea from my family's witness statement DaKine, so i cant take the credit, however i agree with this; we should be able to(for a high price,) be able to own our own planes. It is ridiculous that there's a two hour(or more) wait to fly in between cities.
Report Post Tip
Actually, a two hour wait is relatively reasonable anymore. I flew to Oregon about a month ago and had one layover of about 3 hours and another of 11 hours. In the 30's and 40's people would often have to wait much longer because the planes wouldnt even prepare for departure until they were fully booked.

Interesting idea though.
Report Post Tip
I don't see how its all that ridiculous. To be honest, I think we should have to wait different times going to different cities. Its just not realistic to be able to zip zip zip around wherever we want. Flying takes time, and to incorporate that into the game its just better to keep the 2 hour time limit. Besides, how many 1930's mob bosses owned planes? Really.
Report Post Tip
I don't know? How many 1930's Mob Bosses owned planes?
Report Post Tip
Seven.
Report Post Tip
hmmm.. you you want to make the flight times more realistic.

Well in that case how about, making everything more realistic. This is a game. Its not supposed to be Super real.

And ok lets say we change the flight times. Now lets change the Jail, when people go to jail they will probally be in there for some days. How about that. And its merly inpossible to break someone out of jail so you will have to stay in there your full sentence. And petty crimes, you wont be able to rob a 7/11 every 3 minutes. SO lets make it to where you wait a couple of days so the heat wont be so high when you petty again. And on Mugging, Most people mug innocent people on the streets not other mafioso.

If you did't know I was being sarcastic. Hell no I don't want any of this done. Not even the flight times changed. This is a game and lets keep it that way.
Report Post Tip
I don't know... I don't think it would be a bad idea to make the flight times a little different.

From NY to PH could be 1 hour

From CH to NO could be 1 hour

From LA to LV could be 1 hour

From LA or LV to CH or NO could be 2 hours

From CH or NO to NY or PH could be 2 hours

From LA or LV to NY or PH could be 3 hours

That way you're still keeping the game aspect in check but adding a little bit more rationality to the flight times.

But I don't think that owning planes would be a good idea. I think there needs to be a wait time inbetween travel.
Report Post Tip
I personnaly think its a great idea
Report Post Tip
Good idea. Or we can increase the price of flying and by having your own plane, the price of flying is less.
Report Post Tip
Am not sure about changing the times 2hours is fair,

I like about owning the planes, I think the owner can change the prices of using the plane, but it had a limit on the prices like $5000. Also they can can have planes into the city or out of the city off for a like 4 hours or something. This would help in wars to keep the person in the city or keep the Person in the war safe.
Report Post Tip
An alternative idea would be that owning a plane alters not the frequency of your flights, but the amount of drugs you can carry. Just a thought.
Report Post Tip
Well i never though an idea of mine might actually stick...

Branston, i like that idea, it would make it so even the lowest mafiosos could carry atleast ten with a plane, whereas without it, only 5
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Owning planes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL