Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 14:17:10
Page:  1 
petty/felony crimes Started by: James-Gem-Coughlin on Apr 17, '12 13:38

this may just be me but, i get more from petty crimes than i do for felony crimes, this for me does not make sense as in america 3 felony convictions means life in prison doesant it?

so surely felonys should pay more? and as this is a role playing game shouldant the felonies pay more than a few hundred bucks as they carry large sentences?

just a thought let me know what you all think

Report Post Tip

This game takes place in the early 20th century.  Looking at inflation, for example, in 1925 500 dollars would be more than 6000 today.

Report Post Tip

fair enough but still....petty crimes pay more than felony crimes, this doesant make sense to me

Report Post Tip

Forgot to mention, that part I'd agree with.  Stealing a purse could be a petty crime, and doesn't give more than felonies.  But robbing a bank gives more money than felonies and is hardly a petty crime...you can do 25 to life for bank robbery. 

Report Post Tip

robbing a post office pays out more than a bank robbery, this is stupid i think

Report Post Tip

Also - please keep in mind how much your crewleader keeps in taxes.  He or she may keep more for your felonies than your petty crimes.

Report Post Tip

The amount you can earn on felonies will increase just as the amount you earn on petties has; As you rank, more higher paying felonies will open up to you.

Report Post Tip

Dureing the 1920s I do think that the Post Office was used more by people then the bank, people dureing that time didnt trust Banks so that could be the reason as well.

Report Post Tip

actually there you are mistaken, the 1920s and early 30s was very famous for bank robberies  john dillinger and the public enemies for example

Report Post Tip

Post offices carry more money than a bank?? Lol

Report Post Tip

maybe its a big post office??

Report Post Tip

No post office holds more money than a bank, brah haha

Report Post Tip

Youve never had to pay for Royal Mail ba lol 

Report Post Tip

post offices hold more than banks?...lol what have you been smoking

Report Post Tip

Haha nah man not me lol

Report Post Tip

The post office in the time period of the game had what was called a United States Postal Savings System, at its height it contained 3.4 *billion* dollars. "Banking" with the post office was the safest bet since it was backed by the full faith of the US Gov, which when banks were failing left and right - was very important. It wasn't until many many years later that your average bank became insured with the government so that money saved there was "safe".

A little bit of copy/paste history:

An Act of Congress on June 25, 1910, established a postal savings system in post offices, effective January 1, 1911. The legislation aimed to get money out of hiding, attract the savings of immigrants accustomed to saving at post offices in their native countries, provide safe depositories for people who had lost confidence in private banks, and furnish more convenient depositories for working people, since post offices were open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., six days a week.

The system paid two percent interest per year. The minimum deposit was $1, the maximum, $2,500.

Deposits were slow at first, but, by 1929, $153 million was on deposit. Savings spurted to $1.2 billion during the 1930s and jumped again during World War II, peaking in 1947 at almost $3.4 billion.

After the war, banks raised their interest rates and offered the same governmental guarantee as the postal savings system, and savings bonds gave higher interest rates. Deposits in the postal savings system declined. By 1964, they dropped to $416 million, and they continued to decline by $5 million per month.

Report Post Tip

well that explains it thanks :)

Report Post Tip

And there goes the explanation.

Thanks Squishy :

Report Post Tip

i would say when u get the better felony crimes there will be a better payout hopefully.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: petty/felony crimes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL