Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 21:23:13
Page:  1 
Pickpocket Vs GraveRob Started by: Abnormality on Apr 19, '12 12:09

What is the main different between this two? Both of it train stealth and using the same toolbar except one of it is a safe method to train your stealth. I wander around in the city street and found amazing amount of banner regarding Pickpocet issues but nothing about Graverob. You talked about disrespect of having one of us slipping around your pocket, but had you consider robbing your father/ancestor grave deserve to be one of it? For me, it is another level of disrespect and it is disgrace to touch the dead.That is another issue but my main question is are you considering Graverob over Pickpocket if you are unfriendly to PP? Or you are only doing it in the early stage of your career before switching to Pickpocket ? I wonder how many of us with high  rank doing this frequently as there were no achievement for this and the exact reason why you prefer Graverob over Pickpocket.

"Open for discussion"

Report Post Tip

I thought you could only graverob up until a certain rank...

I also though graverobs dont give ou witness statements so how are people meant to provide rules on it?

Report Post Tip

Exactly as my thought, had anyone ever suggesting an improvement for graverob ? There is no achivement for this crime, if you are considering this as a crime. Is this feature is only a simple addon to add a wide variety of crime you could choose or is it only there for newbie before they step in deeper in this thing of ours?

Report Post Tip

I am not sure graverobbing trains stealth.

Report Post Tip

I heard the rumour it is, if it isnt then I failed to see the real reason on doing it. Perhaps we should double check it with admins. Nevertheless, have you done grave robbing after being said, made to earner and above?

Report Post Tip

I could be wrong about this.. but I think the PPing/Graverobbing building stealth rumor is just that, a rumor. I had an account that had quite a few PPs and I never notice a change in my stealth from the beginning of the account to the end.

Anyway, yes you lose the ability to graverob at a certain rank (Earner I believe)..

And the reason people do it? Well there are a several reasons people do it..a few being, to get a bit of money, to gain achievements, to annoy people, to check if a person you can't see is in a city without shooting a BG and also people can use the skill to get an estimated BG count for people. All being reasons that somebody would have an issue with you PPing them and all reasons to do it..

Report Post Tip

The way I look at it is I get to keep the money I graverob as compared to giving back what I Pp. (I don't pp for money only exp) but I don't graverob that much because it only gives chump change.

Report Post Tip

There is very little chance Grave Robbing trains stealth. But I enjoy people suspecting as much as rumours of what does what certainly helps add some much needed mystery.

Grave Robbing can only be done until Made Man. Once your made, such actions are beneath you.

You can gain more money from robbing graves than you can from picking pockets. (depending on how much cash was left on hand with the deceased)

Report Post Tip

It dont' train stealth not the stealth used when you attack with a gun at least. There are different types of stealth keep that in mind. So when someone says I have stealth answers I would ask which ones? There is a lot that makes of the game keep from us. I've asked question that should be esay to answer yet been given an answer that was meant to mislead a person. But I'll set the record here. Grave Robbing does not train stealth for shooting.

Report Post Tip

As far as I knew PP help in stealth, training a few of it wont make any difference . It take times as much as Jail breaker :) Regarding grave robbing, there is no answer given on that so its still mystery :)

So what do you prefer ? The mystery box or the gossip?

Report Post Tip

Pickpocketing does not train stealth.

Like I said, I've pick pocketed on a few different accounts.. One having quite a bit of pickpockets (far more than a few) and it did NOTHING to alter my stealth. I'm not exactly sure how this got started, but PPing does NOT increase your stealth.

I'm fairly sure I remember a conversation in #DL about adding a stealth range because there was no way to build stealth like you can wack, PPing, info and defense...

Report Post Tip

I'm fairly sure I remember a conversation in #DL about adding a stealth range because there was no way to build stealth like you can wack, PPing, info and defense...

You are correct, Squishy discussed adding a stealth range. I think the idea was put on hold, though I can't recall the reason for it.

One having quite a bit of pickpockets

A long way to go before you catch Alabama's 1500! winks

As I said back in those days, even with that many PPs I didnt have any improvement on my stealth, and that was me as a Godfather at the time too, so if anything you'd expect Rank to play a part in all this at the very least.

So my view is shared with Gypsy; Unless admins have changed things then PP doesn't train your stealth.

For the record though, I don't want any admin to point out the rights or wrongs of anyones claims, better we leave the unknown as it is and allow us to second guess ourselves.

Report Post Tip

Graverob! If you graverob someone who's rich, the maxed of money you can receive is $15,000.

Report Post Tip

As I said back in those days, even with that many PPs I didnt have any improvement on my stealth

It does help me increasing mine back in the day :)

Report Post Tip

Ive never grave robbed lol.

Report Post Tip

with grave robbing you would expect to get more than 15k for someone who is rich. i would have thought you would get round 50-100k.

Report Post Tip

Same here Mr.White so does graverobbing and pickpocketing give out the same amount of Xp?. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Pickpocket Vs GraveRob
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL