Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 16:22:33
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
PopUps on MR Started by: Eleonora_Clemenza on May 04, '12 10:12

Only recently, every now and then my mouse hovers over an underlined word and a popup comes on my screen offering me an IPhone4 or other such items............ why is this happening? as it is bloody annoying, and how do I stop it from happening.

Report Post Tip

Sounds like a rogue add-on to your browser to me. I'd look into whats causing that especially if it shows on other websites other than MR. I'm fairly sure that its only you thats having that problem. If not someone can correct me.

Good luck fixing it.

Report Post Tip

First time i hear for something like this. Check if its maybe from another site or something else and also you can mail helpdesk and see what they say about it.

Report Post Tip

it's only happening on MR and I'm not the only one it is happening to

Report Post Tip

Yeah i am getting them as well its really pissing me off as i write this i see underlined words stareing at me :/

Report Post Tip

Ooooo, I know what this is.

It is some chrome addon, lemme run off and do a search, I had problems with it for a while. It is called infolinks, and as far as I am aware is spy/malware. There is a way to opt out of it online if you have it, though you would probably be well served to run a nice deep ad / virus scan to get rid of the bugger.

Report Post Tip

thanks Zim that'd be awesome if you could find a solution to this most irritating problem.

Report Post Tip

Ok i have got rid of it............................ For Google Chrome: Tools/extensions and remove 

Report Post Tip

Just as a heads up, we do not have any advertisements on MR. If you are getting any advertisement banner/text/link, then you have something on your browser doing it. It will take hell freezing over for us to ever display ads to our users. :)

Report Post Tip

Thanks Eleonora_Clemenza, I was having the same problem but now its all gone. :D

Report Post Tip

your welcome Mr_White

~~ Magenta aka Eleonora_Clemenza

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: PopUps on MR
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL