Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:59:53
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: HQ Fortifications Started by: Squishy on May 04, '12 19:18

A crew now has the ability to fortify their HQ to ensure a little bit of added safety for the members currently in home city.

These fortifications come in 15 different levels, each being priced based upon its defensive abilities and ability to withstand attack. You have to purchase them in order from lowest to highest.

Since this is something the crew as a whole can enjoy, there is a contributions button that allows users to contribute towards the purchase of fortifications - but only the CL can press the button to actually purchase it. You can contribute anonymously if you would like. Contributions towards the fortifications do NOT count towards crew earnings.

Fortifications require no upkeep, once you purchase them there are no costs to keeping them going. You can purchase fortifications on a smaller HQ, but will be able to upgrade the fortifications at a discounted price if you later purchase a larger HQ.

When a CL dies, the HQ stays in place and continues to offer its defense. However since the CL is not there to maintain if it keeps getting attacked, it will not provide any long term defense.

There is a diminishing return when it comes to the defense that the HQ's will provide. HQ's are physical buildings and thus, are limited space. Because of this, people with 0 bodyguards will get 100% of the defense of the HQ, on a sliding scale up until 50 BGs, after 50 BGs, you receive no benefit of the HQ additional fortifications.

You can attack HQ fortifications to damage them and thus remove defense from the crew's HQ defense boost as a whole. You do not gain any skills by attacking. Throwing a lit stick of dynamite a few times does not make you a professional baseball pitcher. This is an experience only feature.

Fortifications can be damaged, and even destroyed. A fortification that is 70% damage, only provides 30% of its defense for that particular level. There is a timer based upon the level of defense that dictates how fast you can repair that level of fortification.

A crewleader is *always* notified when a member of theirs attacks another HQ.

At least one witness always is sent, it is possible to stealth, most however are anagramed and *'s.

Down the road we will be breaking the game into city districts, your HQ will provide full defense in all districts in your city. It will not be until we fully segregate the districts (Have to be in same district to see/shoot/pp whatever) that we will regulate the HQ defenses to just that district (This wont happen until user count goes over 1,000ish+, so you have quite a bit of time)

In summary:

This is like providing bodyguards that protect anyone in your home city from your crew.

Report Post Tip

Fantastic  idea, reallt like this!

Report Post Tip

I'm saddened by the news that the districts wont be split up until we get 1000+ users.

Report Post Tip

"I'm saddened by the news that the districts wont be split up until we get 1000+ users."

Districts will be introduced soon actually, however, "bullets will travel from Bronx all the way to Brooklyn". We cant fully segregate the districts until we have a larger population. A locals of 20 users just doesn't cut it :) Once we hit about 1000 users, we will "really" break up the districts (so that each district is sort of its own city, meaning, cant shoot into other districts, locals are just the district you are in and so on)

Report Post Tip

Are you sure we can hit 1000 users with the increasingly aggressive play?

Report Post Tip

It will be very interesting to see if the actual D boost that is given is substancial enough, if so then i absolutley love it, i love the fact that it may throw out any calculations anyone may have on what can kill what, i love the idea of, what if i cant hit now? i wonder if i have enough kills?, how much D do we get from it?

It will also be very interesting to see, if it takes up your attack timer, if it hasnt already been asked or found out, also how this feature will play out in the next war, if it plays a big part or if it doesnt really make all that difference. I assume with it being only a home city feature that war plans could be come slightly easier, as for those who dont has the bgs and will try to use the feature will all be sat in the city-thier home city, sitting ducks if you like, but thats what i love about it, even if a lot of the answere will most likely be found out int he first war that it is live.

Excellent, cant wait to see how it plans out.

Report Post Tip

How about adding this to the HQ fortifications.

Since members can help contribute to the fortification of your HQ, maybe each contribution can get added to ones earnings as they are contributing to the familys defense? If not, then most likely members will just donate as regular instead of contributing to fortifications.

Report Post Tip

Actually Skorp I have to say I don't like that idea at all. The way I see earnings it is money we have made on crimes we have committed. Donations became tributes and got thrown in with it a while back, which makes sense for when doing an earnings report. However as I understand it this money is purely for HQ fortifications, so technically it isn't earnings. Yes we have to have made money to give money, but this money is above and beyond what we have to give, also it's not like a tribute.

So yeah I'd say don't amalgamate this into the earnings.

Report Post Tip

I don't necessarily want it to automatically be counted as earnings, but each CL can choose whether or not to include it in their earnings reports, it's easy to look up and see what people have donated to the HQ Defense fund, and so if you CHOOSE to you can just add that to their earnings.

Giving CLs more choice in how they want to do things is, to me, always a good decision.

Report Post Tip

Yea great idea. how far we off 1000 users??

Report Post Tip

I agree with Jack, keep it completely separate from earnings. This money can only be used on the HQ fortifications so it shouldn't be in the earning side of things. I'm sure most if not all will keep an eye on their members that choose to help defend the family by contributing.

Report Post Tip

Well seems to be an intresting development in the game.

I hope it will add more endurance of gameplay to all players/characters, so we can indeed touch the 1000+

Like said above in the comments of my fellow comendatories, we will found out along the way how it process goes into the game.

Will this stay the way it has been made active or can we expect updates/adjustements in this narrow future ?

Report Post Tip

from adding numbers in http://mafiareturns.com/war/wackstats.php just over half way but that will include crew ia's i am guessing. dunno about ria's and mias

Report Post Tip

"Will this stay the way it has been made active or can we expect updates/adjustements in this narrow future ?"

We tested balance and functionality and things seem pretty stable - however, this may need a slight tweak after we get a few wars under our belts where the feature is used to get some better real world testing.

Our ears are always open however for suggestions on improvements.

Report Post Tip

I know you won't want to give too much away, but you say at full utilization the fortifications will be worth 50 BGs to those who have none (like me!). But what about at each lower rank? Is that for us to work out, or could you provide guidelines, IE Reinforced Interior Doors be worth 15 BGs, but Bars on Windows too 20 etc.

Report Post Tip

I can't speak for anyone other than myself here Floyd, but i'd rather we weren't told that information. Its better to work these things out ourselves through trial and error. Being given the information takes away the whole point in having these new additions to, as they don't just serve as an increase in protection, they serve to blur the lines of whether or not we can hit certain targets - something we've become far too accustomed to knowing the answer to.

I for one am delighted that we will have an element of not knowing now.

Report Post Tip

"but you say at full utilization the fortifications will be worth 50 BGs to those"

This is not the case, the fortifications to not provide 50 BGs worth of defense.

How its supposed to be interpreted is that at 50 BGs you get 0% of the benefit of the fortifications.

Picture a perfect gradient from 0 bgs getting 100% of the boost, 50 bgs getting 0% of the boost (and proper %'s all throughout the middle, exmaple being 25 being half of fifty means they get 50% of the boost)

The BG conversion and HP of each fortification is for the users to figure out.

Report Post Tip

If more money is donated than can be used, is there any way to retrieve/refund those monies and not just having it sitting there? 

Report Post Tip

Phil_Steak, I believe the excess money can be used for repairs to the fortifications should they be needed. Not sure about a refund option though :/

Report Post Tip

I remember an item being discussed in the Coffee Shops, about this new feature having a "cool down" period for anyone who had recently attempted a shot. Is this something that has been integrated, is in consideration, or is completely out the door?

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: HQ Fortifications
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL