Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 11:59:53
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Messages Pile Up Started by: Risk on Jul 27, '08 19:49
My idea is quite simple, I think you've all noticed how quickly we can be drown in message and finding the ones we need becomes even more complicated. My solution is to make it so that one conversation with someone will not comtinue sending seperate messages but will continue in the original.

A bit like the forums. I post a thread, people answer and it shoots up to first in the listings.

So if we would do that with messages it should give something like: I send a message, the person I sent it to answers, the mail icon will then start blinking and the message will go to the top as a new one would.

Simple? Well maybe not in coding I really wouldn't know but the idea seems simple enough.

Thanks for reading!
Report Post Tip
A much simpler solution is to clean out your mailbox once in awhile. There's even a clever little "Delete Read" link you can click.
Report Post Tip
haha yes FP i know what you're saying but he is talking about when you want to easily find a message, say for reference or something
Report Post Tip
Why not save messages that you may need for future reference to your Archives? That's what they are there for. Or you could save them in a Notepad file?
Report Post Tip
I took it a different way, Twisted_Lullaby. I understood him to mean much like gmail does on their web mail, instead of sending out a separate mail for each reply, its just attached to the same initial mail.

So if Iris and I were chatting back and forth, and we each replied 10 times, we'd still only see one mail in our inbox, instead of ten.

I really don't agree or disagree with this. I think it has its perks, but its also a bit of coding when just a simple sweep of one's mailbox will do.
Report Post Tip
Erm he doesnt want to save messages and hes not on about hoording messages. He's saying if you are a high figure (I think) and you recieve say 50messages a day you dont want a new message every time someone replys to your message so rather than have 10 messages of one person it is one with 10 replys inside.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Messages Pile Up
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL