Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 22:34:48
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
IP issues Started by: Jonnie_Costa on Jul 28, '08 15:12
IS there no other way that you gents could prevent others from using multiple accounts, or figure out another way to check players on the same IP.

My player was killed as i was using my laptop on campus. I have reported a number of times with previous accounts whenever i was playing with someone from here. But when an admin tells you that he cant give you any details as to why your account was terminated, really is disappointing. I have done nothing but abide by all the rules, and have had the utmost of respect with whoever I have interacted with.

As i was told that I would not be told the details as to why this has happened, then what is stopping it from happening again? It is rather futile. I live away from home and studying without your own source of income really does make the benefits of being somewhere where you have your own private connection a real shlep.

No other information, all i was told was cos of dupe. No details, no measurements taken for future reference. I have read all the rules, and have followed them religiously.

If nothing can be done, then people who aren't fortunate enough to be in a location where everything is secure, don't belong here? Well all i can say, is that it was a pleasure playing with all of you and I have the utmost of respect for those who have given so much time to put into this.

Take care all.
Report Post Tip
As long as you take care to inform the administration on each new account the locations that you play publicly, you should be fine.

For example, if you play from a school or common access point, you have to report it, even if you don't know any other players on that system. If you head over to your buddy's house who plays and log on even once, you have to report it.

If you die and create a new character, you have to subsequently report again. It may be seen as cumbersome, but if you're playing from public or shared locations its your responsibility to ensure that you are safe by reporting the details of your connection. If you forget once, and your account is flagged, it can be... disastrous for your account, and for those whom you shared a connection with.

Its a precaution that was put in place a long time ago, and requires due diligence on the part of the player.
Report Post Tip
OK.

Lets make this simple. I killed you and your 4 friends yes.

1. You "did not" notify HelpDesk of player names that could be sharing an IP.

2. You admitted to me in mail that you knew it had to be reported, but you did not report it.

3. You all died. I have no notification anywhere of your current name being a possible IP share from time to time yet you flag up for more than just IP to me.

4. I obviously cannot tell you what flagged up as that would compromise the way we do things.

But quite simply put, you knew you had to report, you didn't, you obviously know these people that got killed with you quite well.

Mikus.
Report Post Tip
Well thanks for being of assistance.

Guess things are run differently when you have a passion for something. When I was an admin for blizz, things were in test for over quite some time. We made mistakes, but we didnt punish people to an extent, nor did we ever refrain from admitting that there was a possible flaw and made certain amendments.

Take care all.

Goodbye.
Report Post Tip
come on guys, it was a mistake, its not like they committed a sin :P

what say we try and be little lenient.
Report Post Tip
3. You all died. I have no notification anywhere of your current name being a possible IP share from time to time yet you flag up for more than just IP to me.

4. I obviously cannot tell you what flagged up as that would compromise the way we do things.

But quite simply put, you knew you had to report, you didn't, you obviously know these people that got killed with you quite well.

Mikus.

No disrespect, but what does me knowing these guys havta do with anything? yes we are friends, yes we are at the same university. Secondly, you said "yet you flag up for more than just IP to me Please let me know what that is. Cos I am sure they would also like to know. This is the schedule, login, petty, felony, timers to reset, drug runs, the occasion jailbreak, and yes-making friends and getting to know our fellow crew members. Did you find a bot,any hack? Have we broken into any peoples accounts? stolen anything? I dont think any of us have even fired a gun at another player or ourselves. I cant think of any other crimes that would fall under this catagory. Other than IP, If there is something, please mention them so I can openly deny that too. That is how sure I am of not breaking any rules. If it was just an IP issue, then I would say sorry, from now on I will notify the helpdesk on every occasion no matter what that may be. :/ If we were any more harmless, this wouldn't be the mafia.
Report Post Tip
11) If there are multiple players from your home, work, or school you MUST let us know every time you create a name by mailing ADMINISTRATOR. If you are going to have more than one person playing from the same location (not just computer) we NEED to know. Otherwise you may get dupe wacked. You MUST report your NEW names AFTER you die. It is difficult to keep track of all of your names. We will NOT revive accounts for those who "forgot" or "didn't know".

This is one of the many rules that you have when you join our world. It clearly states you have to report or you will be wacked. If what Mikus said is true and you admitted you knew that you needed to report but didn't then you where plainly in the wrong.

He should not have had to explain to you why you died. If you had read the rules then you would have understood what being duped meant.
Report Post Tip
To add just a little more to my previous post. We can not tell that you had friends playing. If its not reported then it is seen as you having more than 1 account. That is why you should always report playing from public places or from a friends. Especially if your friend has an account.

It takes 30 seconds to let us know. 30 seconds that would most likely have avoided all this.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: IP issues
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL