Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 22:26:12
Page:  1 
We are the people Started by: -Premier on May 12, '12 23:54

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

WE are the people.  We ARE the people. We are THE people.  We are the PEOPLE.

One throwaway comment, four words, emphasis on each component word alters the meaning slightly but not too radically.

So who are the people in the context of these six cities?  People define themselves by what they are – and in doing so measure themselves against what they are not. 

This is a society that we live in, there are some things that all of us do, some things that some of us and some that very few do.  But there are few unique defining characteristics.  So who are the people and who decides?  The people? 

This society, as with all, has leaders and led.  The leaders decree and they led acquiesce or dissent and sometimes this causes new leaders.  Even the leaders are led, by history, by legacy and by the Gods.

But I put this to you – the decision of who the people are is decided by the people with leadership input.  But the leaders could change this, if they so desired.  There exists, right now, the capacity for a benign hegemony that would allow for radical change.

Do the people want change?  In a reversal of other world principles, discord brings harmony here.  The people need to measure themselves against what they are not.

You thoughts?

Report Post Tip

One time I singed my butt hairs while trying to light a fart. I'll never do that again.

Report Post Tip

Father Jack comes around the corner stark bollock naked.

NUDIE FATHER JACK!!

Report Post Tip

gets out his crayons, hangs up a canvas and starts drawing Father Jack...

muttering to himself " this is gonna make me rich I tell ya "

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: We are the people
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL