Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 19:14:42
Page:  1 
A Joyless Decision Started by: Marston on May 15, '12 16:34

Marston arrives at the Joy Division headquarters dressed in black, obviously distraught, angry and in some pain. An unaware passer by approaches him to speak, and has a bottle of whiskey launched at him for his trouble. The people that know him give him a wide birth and stay silent as he marches through the double doors to speak to the newly orphaned members of the Joy Division…

Men, women… Words cannot describe how much our city has lost today… We need to move forward from this… As tough as it is to picture the future without my second in command, what has happened cannot be reversed… He is gone…

He slams his fist into a table in pure frustration, and the family look on with empathy

The Joy Division shall live on… The business will be carried forward by the man who Kurtz named in his dying breathes; he shall continue the family name in his honour…

Marston walks over to one of the men in the gathering and holds out the keys to the main office of the headquarters…

Manius… You have worked hard for this city and it was the dying wish of Kurtz to see you take the reins, and lead his family onward. It is a hard mantle for any man to step up to, but as the person who worked closest to Kurtz in his last days I believe you to be the most knowledgeable man in the ways he worked and the direction he wanted the family to head.

He hands Manius the keys, then turns to speak again to the rest of the family…

Joy Division, you need to unite behind your new leader and move forward from this. Our city has taken a sickening blow, but once we are through this faze of mourning our colleague and friend we must carry on, and continue as we were, making this city greater by the day. Now if you would please excuse me, my best friend is dead, and there is a funeral I must arrange…

And with his head sunk, Marston leaves…

Report Post Tip

well least a RIPd leader is replaced by another great 1, c ya at the funeral M

Report Post Tip

Vincent is sat there when marston makes his speatch.

Well Congratz Manuis shame its was like the but i wish you all the best bud.

RIP Kurtz

Report Post Tip

JV nods solemnly. Kurtz was indeed a good friend. It will be kinda hard to cope around without him.

Congrats, Manius. You're an honourable man and I hope you will take care of what our departed brother has created and treasured.

He sighs.

Rest in Peace, my friend.

Report Post Tip

Congrats to you Manius. I have complete faith in your abilities.

R.I.P. Kurtz

*Disappears off the streets as fast as he appeared.*

Report Post Tip

Today New York and our world as a whole lost a great man, a man always ready to give help and guidance to those who needed it, a man who was never afraid to go out on a limb to get his point across, a man of morals and a man of respect.

Since my very first ancestor landed on these shores many years ago Kurtz and his bloodline have always been there when i needed advice, you have been a great friend over the years Kurtz and i truelly hope that one day your kin will make his way back to our world, things just wont be the same without you pal.

Filling the shoes of this great man will not be easy thats for damn sure, but if their is anyone capable of even coming close its Manius, I wish this could the circumstances had been different but alas it is what it is, i have every faith in the ability of Manius and wish you all the best if ever there is anything i or The Regiment can do for you or Joy Division dont hesitate to ask, side by side we will get through this tragic event and carry on with our visions and aims.

Rest In Peace Kurtz you will definantly be missed by the masses, God bless my friend!

Report Post Tip

Rest well in peace my dear friend, you have named a successfull man as your replacement and I have faith on ya

Report Post Tip

This is definitely bittersweet news. On the one hand it's unfortunate that Kurtz has fallen but on the brightside; New York has gained an excellent leader if he's anything like his ancestors.

I would say he's probably the best crew leader around now except then all the other crew leaders that who I've told privately(including my awesome leader, WhereWasI) that they're the best would probably get mad so I'll just say that I'm sure he'll be one of the best!

Bleddyn rubs his nose as if he's wiping something off of it, laughs, then looks a bit more serious before he continues.

In all seriousness though... Rest in peace, Kurtz. I didn't know you very well but I only ever heard good things about you and I'm sure you will be deeply missed by all.

Report Post Tip

Upon learning of his death, Gao_Qiu burst into tears.

Thanks for giving me great advice on this staying alive on this ruthless land.

RIP

Report Post Tip

Manius stepped up to the crowd that surrounded his Don with a solemn expression on his face. He had lost his closest friend, he came to these shores to work and build an empire around Kurtz, but alas it was not to be.

As he stepped up so everyone could see him, Manius took a cowboy killer from the pack in his left hand and returned it to his pocket, procuring a match. Flicking it against his boot he spoke as he lit and inhaled the toxic blue fog.

We have lost a great. But he would not want us to sit and mourn for him, he would want us to pick up what he built and carry it on for the next generation. He would want us to learn from his unfortunate accident, and move on.

He would want us to be great.

Manius smiled towards the heavens, and flicked his cigarette to the ground and then as if almost in a whisper he said

This one is for you Kurtz.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Joyless Decision
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL