Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 18:08:05
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
IA Protection Started by: Zish on Aug 03, '08 16:21
I'm not sure if this has been brought up in the past, but it seems to me that IAs shouldn't have 4 hours protection from being shot at and missed. they are inactive, and have no reason to live, or be protected. I think they should have perhaps 1 or 2 hours of protection rather than waiting 4 hours to take another shot at it.

Pros: People no longer have to wait 4 hours to try and hit a IA that someone missed.

Cons: Umm... Not sure at the moment. But I'm sure someone else can come up with a bad side.
Report Post Tip
If there is no protection then there is no point in allowing people to mis and this is unrealistic. This also means it would be possible for a gangster to kill the IA at the same level as any other play including the best hitters around and could never fail. Then there si no luck and it comes down to internet speed and how fast you can click and press buttons. It also add more variation as you have to guess or work out when you can hit again rather than just adding 7 days to the time the account was created. I doubt you will get positive feedback concerning this idea.
Report Post Tip
Tommy-Sparosi, Zish didn’t want to eliminate protection of the IA, just reduce it.

I think they should have perhaps 1 or 2 hours of protection rather than waiting 4 hours to take another shot at it.

I think it would be a good idea.
Report Post Tip
As I said on irc befre, and I would've said here earlier had I realised there was a thread about it, I really don't see why a reduced pro time is either necessary or even just a handy addition..

They're going to lose their pro at some point, and whether that's 4 hours or 40 minutes I don't particularly see the point, especially a reduced pro time were less than an hour- effectively removing any chances at 'redemption' from the person who pro'd the IA to begin with.

Secondly, you've got the fact that a lot of people, and I could name names but I won't for obvious reasons, who's bread and butter is sweeping up IA's. The majority of the userbase is American and in one of the three American timezones - as are most of the new users. For those in Europe and elsewhere, the four additional hours on an pro'd IA give those who don't have the insanity or the wherewithal to get up in the middle of the night to train a reasonable gun.

That's my thoughts anyway.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: IA Protection
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL