Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 10:55:20
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
how to impress Started by: drj28 on Aug 05, '08 07:45
does anybody out there have any idea how i can impress crew leaders or their right hand man any help appreicated thanks
Report Post Tip
i went to the chatroom and talked to someone when i became a thug. they helped me find a good crew to join.
Report Post Tip
I'd say it's pretty much down to respect, obediance and characteristics. If you go in with the right attitude, your bound to come out again. When I say characteristics, I mean speak your mind with respect- if youv'e got a problem, say it. That way people will get to understand you and admire you as a person.

Hope I helped, Marcus.
Report Post Tip
The best way to impress crewleaders is simply to spend more than 30 seconds on your introduction to them. Use proper grammar, proper spelling, and sound like you at least have a high school reading/writing level. Describe yourself a little, if you are new to the game, say so, if you came from another game, mention it, just share a little bit about your self in real life, or about your "character" on here.
Report Post Tip
state your credentials, compliment the crew member but dont patronize or be a kiss-ass, put lots of effort in but dont

tell your life story, say why you want to join the family,say what sort ofperson you are, trusting loud, devoted etc
Report Post Tip
Id go for trying to be a bit more original,

If i had $100 for every time a CL recieved a mail from people saying how loyal, devoted and hardworking they where. I would be a gazillionaire abpproximately 2 1/2 years ago.
Report Post Tip
ahahah well yaya you got a point there i havent been here that long and when i introduced my self to kangaroo i only said how loyal i would be once.... and i didnt figure everyone said that till after i mailed him

but on a different know take it from someone who is recent to this thing of ours....listen to everyone!! they want to help because they were new at one point too you know! just tell the CL how it is, but be respectful be yourself and have fun!!!!!

bigdaddy182
Report Post Tip
I've just been accepted into the first crew to which I applied. As some people have noted above, it's important to say something substantive, rather than merely begging. The people running a crew don't need somebody who is trying to advance quickly with a bare minimum of effort.

In my application I mentioned my level of experience with endeavors such as this one, and spoke also about my general skills — but I limited myself to only those skills which are relevant. For example, I didn't mention that I like hiking, since that has no bearing on what we do here.

Politeness must surely count. Since we each have our roles here, it seems appropriate to be respectful towards the person to whom you're writing. Since he or she is high up in the organization, a certain level of deference is expected.

I have a practical suggestion: use a browser such as Firefox, which has a built-in spell-checker. It underlines words that it considers incorrectly spelled, and you can right-click to see (and optionally select) proposed spellings. I imagine that a badly-spelled application will be treated less seriously than one which has al kindz of speling misteaks or (possibly worse) uses leet-speak or texting abbreviations. I'm also guessing that ending every sentence with LOL won't win you any points!

Finally, it's probably a good idea to proof-read what you write before you send it. Most people agree that it's wise to do so, but how many actually do it?
Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: how to impress
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL