Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 08:10:31
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Division's Hot Dog House Started by: Ire on May 28, '12 14:40

After achieving great success on her business in Philadelphia, Ire knew it was time to expand her businesses. Her family had always worked with restaurants and she always loved that type of environment. However this time, she wanted to invest in a different type of restaurant and also wanted to locate it in a different city.

Once Ire returned to Detroit for some work, she had more time to get to know the city. She visited a few available spaces downtown, the prices were good, she liked the city, it seemed that everything was pointing in the right direction for her to open her new business in Detroit.

After a few days of negotiation, Ire had acquired a new establishment. She was ready to open her own franchise of the City's Dog House. Shes got workers in there immediately doing a few construction changes to the place and also a very well known decorator. She wanted the place looking pretty and comfortable for her customers.

On a big night of celebration during the Grand opening of Division's Hot Dog House, Ire was enthusiastic and opened the house for the general public. She had a hostess always at the door welcoming the costumers and delivering the menu.

DIVISION'S HOT DOG HOUSE MENU

CHICAGO DOG$2.49

Mustard, relish, onion, sport peppers, tomato, pickle and celery salt

DALLAS DOG $2.49

Chili, onion and shredded cheddar cheese

DES MOINES DOG $2.49

It's a classic. It's a Corn Dog!

MAXWELL STREET POLISH $3.79

Grilled onions, mustard and sport peppers

TUCSON DOG $3.79

Jalapeno hot dog with chorizo, jalapenos & melted cheese topped with crispy tortilla chips

GREEN BAY DOG$3.79

Melted cheddar cheese

SAN FRANCISCO DOG$3.79

Chili, mustard, ketchup, relish, onion, pickle, tomato, shredded cheddar cheese and celery salt

NEW ORLEANS DOG$3.79

BBQ sauce, grilled onions and tomato

BOSTON DOG$3.79

Baked beans, bacon and onion sauce

BUFFALO DOG$3.79

Buffalo sauce, bleu cheese and celery salt

CINCINNATI DOG$3.79

Chili, yellow mustard & chopped onions

ATLANTA DOG$3.79

Coleslaw, chili, mustard, ketchup and onion

NEW YORK DOG$3.79

Sauerkraut and brown mustard

TAYLOR STREET DOG $4.49

Caprese Chicken Sausage grilled with sweet onions, peppers served with a marinara sauce, provolone cheese on a Italian Roll

ROOT STREET DOG $4.49

Apple and Gouda Chicken Sausage, Crispy Apple Slaw with Honey Mustard Dressing on whole wheat bun

BOURBON STREET DOG $4.49

Chicken Andouille Sausage smothered in a Holy Trinity Slaw and a remoulade sauce on a pretzel roll

PERSONAL HOT DOG$3.79

In the true Spirit of America, build it the way you want it!

Report Post Tip

As the big opening happens, Ire is moving all around the restaurant talking to the guests and general costumers. She surely hopes that everyone is enjoying the menu and the good atmosphere of the place.

As the night goes by, she realized that she hasn't tried a hot dog as of yet and decides to give it a go. She calls one of the attendants and makes her order.

"Can you please give me a coke and also a New Orleans dog? I appreciate it."

The attendant came back pretty quickly with her order and Ire started to taste it. She was delighted with the flavors.

"Hmmm, absolutely delicious!"

Report Post Tip

Anthony walks into the hot dog house after being mugged. He is a mess.

Hey Ire, can I get a New York Dog and a cola please. Was just out plying the light fingered part of my trade and pilfrered the wrong pockets again.

Anthony grabs a seat.

Report Post Tip

Ire is busy running around the store and checking the stock when she sees Anthony entering and looking like a total mess.

"Oh gee.. Anthony, Are you alright?" Ire approached him as he took a seat, she listened to his mugging story and made sure he was alright.

"Is there anything else you need, Anthony? What a hard mugging you took my friend."

Ire wrote down Anthony's order and took it to the balcony.

"Lisa, can you make a New York Hot Dog and also bring Anthony a cola, please?"

Report Post Tip

Dominion had spent the day as he usually does, meandering the streets collecting from his route. Although today's route took him a little more out of the way than usual and Dominion was feeling rather tired and hungry. He looked at the businesses around him and saw nothing appetizing until he came across a gem hidden amongst the other average businesses.

A nice hot dog is just what I need right now. Dominion thought to himself as flung open the front door and sauntered in.

Dominion took his time to browse over the selection board thinking each choice sounded even better than the last. Then he came upon the last selection on the menu. He thought it was perfect.

"I'll have a personal hot dog with nothing on it."

Dominion gave a nod to Ire who was standing behind the counter somewhat stunned that someone would forgo all the delicious toppings for a plain hot dog.

Report Post Tip

As Lisa was preparing Anthony's order, Ire went to the balcony to attend her long time friend Dominion who had just arrived into the restaurant. She put her stock books to the side and approached him. After a quick chit chat, Ire stood there looking at Dominion in surprise.

"Are you sure you want just a simple hot dog? I know you are a huge fan of toppings, but alright! I'll get you a simple one. You will have to try one of the toppings later on though! Please take a seat, I'll bring it over to you"

Ire quickly put together a plain hot dog and walked over to his table, placing the tray on top of it.

"Here you go my friend, what would you like to drink with that by the way?" Ire handed Dominion the beverage menu and as he looked it over, she picked up Anthony's tray and brought it over to him.

"Hope you enjoy it, Anthony, that's one of my favorites."

Going back to Dominion's table, she asked if he had made his mind about the beverage.

Report Post Tip

Dominion hands the beverage menu back to Ire and stops for a moment as he gazed into her eyes.

"I'll have my usual...which is whatever will get you to sit down and have a drink with me." Dominion winked at Ire before picking up his briefcase and pulling out a small jar of mayo which he then slathered all over his hot dog. He took a bite and a look of extreme satisfaction came over his face.

"Perfect! I wouldn't want it any other way."

Report Post Tip

Ire picked up the menu and giggled at Dominion. As she was taking off to pick up his beverage, she witnessed him spreading mayonnaise into his Hot Dog. She shook her head and giggled as she walked away.

"Oh Dominion, always a crazy one. Who would ever put mayonnaise into a hot dog, tsk, tsk, tsk." She thought to herself as she walked towards the freezer. She opened it and picked up a beer and returned to the table. She looked over at Anthony, sitting on his own and said.

"Hey bud, why don't you come have a seat with us here?"

"So Dominion, what brings you to town, knowing you, must be business clearly. Did Chief send you over for anything in particular?"

Ire cracked open the beer and passed to Dominion. "Here you go, your favorite, of course."

Report Post Tip

Dominion smiled at Ire as he took a sip of the beer.

"Yeah the Chief has me looking into some new routes to maybe increase our cash flow. I was in New York not long ago working some new parts of town but it was kind of quiet. So now I find myself here. In Detroit...and from the looks of things this is the place to be."

Dominion takes another bite of his hot dog causing a small bit of mayo to fall onto his chin. Ire wipes it off with a napkin.

"So how is this new joint treating you? You seem to be doing well!

Report Post Tip

Ire quickly got up and ran to the freezer to pick up some cola for herself and sat back down to keep the chatter going. Even though her and Dominion worked for the same organization, in the very same city, it had been a long time that Ire didn't meet with him.

With her busy schedule, always traveling around to take care of the business she had recently opened, and with Dominion also always busy with services and jobs here and there, it was a rare opportunity to catch up.

"I've heard you were in NY a few days ago and that you stopped by the Bowling. Sadly I was in Philly that day. Did you like what we managed to do with the place there?"

Ire cracked open her cola and took a long sip.

"Well as you can see, the place is a tad slow, but that's expected in the start of a new business. Detroit is a fantastic city, the market research pointed this place to be a great place for business, so now it's only a matter of time and advertising to get the place going, you know?"

"By the way, How long are you in town for?"

Report Post Tip

Dominion finished up the last bites of his wonderful hot dog and wiped his hands on a napkin. He took another sip of beer as Ire explained her market research.

I see you've done all the work and really put in the effort. I have no doubt this will turn into the place to be in Detroit in no time.

Dominion takes another sip of beer and sighs.

"As for how long I'm in town that is yet to be determined. I guess technically I can stay for however long I want but it it's too long I better have something to show for it. The Chief really has it out for some new cash flow avenues. You see he had a meeting with Manius the other day and of course Manius put it in his head that there aren't enough taxes and the money isn't coming in as fast as it could be so the Chief decided to do something new. So here I am. Trying something new. Up until now I haven't been thrilled with something new but I'm starting to feel better about it."

Report Post Tip

Ire takes a few sips of her cola and asks Lisa to make her a New Orleans Dog. It was already past lunch time and Ire had been so busy and also distracted that she completely forgot about having a meal.

She listened attentively to Dominion as he explained the changes in his business life and nodded

"I hear you, so you might be in town for a while I guess. You know, if you are looking for something new, I've heard that there is a group a few blocks from here that are working with some materials and equipments. I heard from good source that their stuff is all top of the line and that the prices are pretty good."

"Perhaps that's something the boss would be interested on. You should check it out."

Ire got up and picked up her Dog that was ready and already placed on the tray for her.

"Would you like another dog?" As she stood close to the balcony to pick up her tray, she reminded to offer Dominion another Dog."

Report Post Tip

"You know a New Orleans dog sounds great. I'll have one with you." Dominion responded. He waited patiently for Ire to return carrying a tray with two of the most delicious hot dogs Dominion had ever laid eyes on.

Dominion and Ire both took a bite of their dogs at the same time only to find themselves laughing playfully as they both raced for the napkin dispenser to mop up some stray BBQ sauce. Dominion set his dog down and looked at Ire.

"So tell me more about this group. Are the legal? What kind of angle can we use on them to get them to see things our way? Keep in mind that I'm out here alone so our muscle is limited to what I...well I guess really what you and I can provide."

Report Post Tip

Ire took a few more bites of that delicious hot dog and took a sip of cola, before placing the dog back onto the plate.

"Well you see, I don't think they are exactly legal, but that shouldn't be a problem in our line of business, after all, who better then us to find a way to take advantage of things such as this? Of course it's risky, just like our day by day lives."

"We can always use the warehouse to turn things legal, you know we always find a way."

Report Post Tip

Dominion finished his beer and put his hat back on. He picked up his suitcase and set it on the table.

"As always you are correct. We'll find the angle. Might I suggest we take a little trip to the warehouse and work out some plans.

Dominion peels off a couple of large bills and leaves them on the table for Lisa as Ire puts on her jacket and heads out of the front door.

Report Post Tip

That day Ire had packed her things and flew back to her hometown, New York. Together with Dominion, they had a few meetings and business to solve in the city. Ire couldn't help herself, she always loved going back home, there was no place like home, ever.

She was also happy to be back in town because she needed to check on her newest business, the New York Bowling and Snooker Hangout. It had been almost a week that she was out of town and she needed to make sure the place was running smoothly without her presence. After all, what would her bosses think of her, if the place was disorganized.

She enjoyed her time in New York, she put the Hangout in order and hosted a few meetings as it was planned before making her way back to Detroit. Since, she had no family at all in Detroit, it was the business that needed her attention the most, at least of the very first starter weeks.

She got back to Detroit and went immediately back to the Hot Dog House and got into a meeting with Lisa. Ire was training Lisa to run the place during her absence, she was a nice girl and had a bright future in front of her. Ire was proud to have found an employee as good as Lisa.

Report Post Tip

BabyBoy walks in and look around and sees this nice beautiful place! He goes to the counter and asks " Can i have a DALLAS DOG please with mustard and ketchup?"

Report Post Tip

Ire is checking the food stock and going through her daily duties of the day at the shop as she hears Babyboy entering the establishment. She quickly drops everything and goes to attend the man. "Hello Sir, how may I help you?" As the man makes his order, Ire already picks up a tray and places a soda on it. "Oh a Dallas dog, terrific choice, sir. I'll prepare it right away." Ire prepares a Dallas Dog quickly, places it in the tray and delivers it to the man. "Here you go, hope you enjoy!"

Report Post Tip

Ire is checking the food stock and going through her daily duties of the day at the shop as she hears Babyboy entering the establishment. She quickly drops everything and goes to attend the man.

"Hello Sir, how may I help you?"

As the man makes his order, Ire already picks up a tray and places a soda on it.

"Oh a Dallas dog, terrific choice, sir. I'll prepare it right away."

Ire prepares a Dallas Dog quickly, places it in the tray and delivers it to the man.

"Here you go, hope you enjoy!"

Report Post Tip

dooogle had noticed Division's Hot Dog House down the street before he opened up business. He considered his "store" location carefully - he had hoped Ires establishment would compliment his. With a hunger growing on this particular afternoon, he thought now was as good a time as any to please his belly.

Greetings Ire! You know, you really upset my ladies down the street with the smell of all these Dogs in here! 

Realizing it sounds odd, he continues quickly before she can interject...

What I mean is, we're always real busy. The girls can't break away for a Dog until they finish with the one already in their mouth, if ya know what I mean. dooogle laughs aloud, forgetting his manners in the presence of a lady. 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Division's Hot Dog House
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL