Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 21:24:54
Page:  1 
The Mafia Tribune Started by: Anubis on Oct 06, '07 21:59
Walking towards the Editor-In-Chief's office you almost get smacked in the head by a large group of flying papers. Inside the office you hear a man hollering at nothing in particular.

STORIES DAMN IT! GIVE ME STORIES!

You notice the phone in his hand.

I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE TO WACK THE FUCKERS YOURSELF AND SET PEOPLE UP I WANT STORIES DAMN IT!

Anubis looks up at you, flames burning in his eyes, and slams the phone down. He hollers out to you

Hey, you, ASSHOLE, get the hell in here.

Acting as professional as you can, you step into his room.

Listen, I need stories, and I need them weekly. Got that? I pay decent prices, and the price goes up with your quality. Get me stories, and I'll get you paid. Capiche?

Now get the fuck out of here and write me something good.

Walking outside the office you notice a bulletin board listing the base prices of each story:

Articles To Submit To:

War - Write about anything happening with current wars. Pays Between $10,000 and $30,000

Coffee Shop Gossip - Heard some juicy tid-bit in the Coffee Shops? Send it here! Pays Between $10,000 and $20,000

In The Streets - What do you think of what you see in the streets? Pays Between $10,000 and $25,000

Graveyard Shift - See someone in the obit's that should be talked about? Write up a proper obituary and send it here. Pays $15,000

Reader Submitted - These can be anything. If I believe they are fit for the Tribune then I will discuss them with you. They may cover any topic not covered in another article. Pay is negotiable upon submission
Report Post Tip
I want to write a novel that has a new chapter in each newspaper. I want a minimum of 5 grand.
Report Post Tip
You might want to READ posters before replying to them.

Anubis offers more than 5k :/
Report Post Tip
It's not that he can't read, he just can count..
Report Post Tip
Can't*

I can't spell...

We all have our downsides.
Report Post Tip
Its a nice idea to pay for the articles..

But to be honest, in my opinion the pay should be way higher.

There is nothing special one can do with 30k.

Id think people would get more motivated when you pay like 300-500k for good stories..

Just my thoughts.
Report Post Tip
Would you like to pay 300-500k each story? Think about it, there are about 5 stories per newspaper, that 2mill-2.5mill each newspaper.

Who is gonna fund that much money?
Report Post Tip
Well if I was extremely rich and would want to encourage RP and nice stories, good stuff to read so to say, then yes, I would pay that.
Report Post Tip
Man, imagine if I wrote an obit for everyone who died.

That would be some darned good shit right there.
Report Post Tip
"Who is gonna fund that much money?"

You are too funny.

he PRINTS the money!
Report Post Tip
You are too stupid. He's Newspaper Editor, not Counterfeiter!
Report Post Tip
Sprozza I am sure you understand that there are different types of articles, and obits would harldy count as full prized article like a report about a war or a proper interview with a gang boss..

Dont you ?
Report Post Tip
I want money, not fame my dear man.
Report Post Tip
Well, I_Said_Dont_Shoot, you\'re right. I should pay more. But, why pay for crap? I have only a few regulars, and their quality of writting earns them bonuses upon each story, depending on how good I believe their stories to be. Prices change as I see fit.
Report Post Tip
The fact that you should WANT to help the newspaper should be reason enough to write an article for it.

You all seem to be thinking above your stations. The big money is reserved for those who put in the effort in without knowing they will be rewarded. They do it BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY SHOULD BE DOING IT.

*cough*

Straightens tie

I bid you adieu.
Report Post Tip
Gimmie money is the answer
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Mafia Tribune
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL