Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 08:43:37
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
To mug or not to mug that is the question! Started by: Lancelot on Jun 12, '12 09:17

im not wack friendly but ultimately one of you or my own will shoot me. should i come to the streets on a near daily basis and whine about it.

Report Post Tip

In my quick and honest opinion:

Who in their right mind is "Pickpocket Friendly"?

You want people going into your pockets to take money? Hell, I know I don't want strangers touching my hard earned money.

Now, If you are pick pocketed and happen to catch the assailant as you turn around, and decide you want to Mug them, then so be it. They took the chance of pickpocketing you, if they are caught, they should be mugged.

Of course, it should be harder to mug someone of greater rank then you but the opportunity should still be there without consequence.

Report Post Tip

I'm "Pickpocket Friendly" Squikken. I also believe that anyone who Pick Pockets takes the risk of being mugged. This thread is entirely OOC so I'm not gonna try to stay IC.

I had a speech in mind for OOC, but seeing as there's already a thread up I might as well put the message here.

Personally (just so you know my bias), I believe mugging was put in the game as a simple counter to being PPed. There are plenty of ways to avoid being mugged, so I believe anyone should be able to mug anyone; it's the risk of PPing. That's not why I'm here. Why I'm here is because there have been some explosive reactions from both sides on removing the rules preventing mugging in particular cities. I'd like to say I have an idea as to what both sides are saying, but I'd like to at the very least create a place for people to POLITELY discuss their logic behind their choice.

For "Anyone should be able to Mug anyone in any city", I believe the point is based around the inception of mugging. For a long period of time, some players were disturbed by the idea of being PPed. So they put not PP Friendly in their profile and most CLs dished out some form of punishment which was kind of hard to determine. I believe Izzy (I think it was him) put the code together for mugging so it wouldn't be a CL's issue any more. If someone was PPed, they could now defend themselves by simply mugging their attacker. I believe that outlawing that part of the game was taken as a bit of a slap in the face by Izzy because he did put so much work into that just to see it barely ever used.

As for the other side of the argument, mugging is hard on timers. It can also devestate someone's current cash available (trust me I know an idiot who lost over 70 Mil). This has the potential to make people erupt and could potentially cause huge headaches and reinvolve the CLs Izzy was looking to remove from PPing events, or worse even lead to a war.

My particular suggestion, maybe the players and admins could discuss lowered consequences? like adding an hour maximum to flight timers and a max of $2 Million is able to be taken. Would both sides agree to that? It still leaves an opportunity for players who don't like being PPed to get back at the person they feel is attacking them, but it doesn't make the attack quite as big of an issue and wouldn't need heavy restrictions, in my opinion. I'd definitely love to hear some ideas flowing and logic being shared in a constructive way.

Report Post Tip

WhereWasI i like your way of thinking, the whole point in putting this thread out here was to determine everyones views and to also look at how we as a whole not just the CL's or admins can work something out which is agreeable to everyone, lets not kid ourselves PPing has always caused issues, some people take it with a pinch of salt others view it as a personal attack, put bluntly if people were to adhere to others wishes it wouldn't be a problem the PP friendlies would PP each other and those who do not wish to be PP'd or mugged just wouldn't involve themselves.

I agree Izzy and the rest of the coders have done a great job and do their best to keep things evolving so personally i would like to see something in place that pleases the majority but also appreciates their hard work.

Report Post Tip

Fuck me posting standards have really slipped on this game.

Report Post Tip

What is this posting you speak of!?

If you really gave a damn your own post would have been in character. Just sayin

Report Post Tip

Back to the topic at hand, this is my take on all things associated with pickpocketing/mugging.

I personally think that it doesnt matter what is on you auit everyone is fair game to have their pockets emptied from time to time. We don't ask permission to rob the old lady or make an unlawful withdrawal so why should we ask or check to see if someone minds if we test our skills? Obviously i follow the rules as set out in each city.

If you are dabbling in the world of pickpockets, then I believe that you run the risk of getting mugged back if you get caught, if your silly enough to empty your bank account during the period that you can get mugged then im afraid thats your own fault.

Report Post Tip

King-Weiland, walking around the streets smoking a cigar, well, stumbling more than walking really. Turns out, Soviets drink a lot of vodka. A lot. He hears a lot of strange words being thrown about like "posting" "exp" "ooc" regardless, he decided to join in.

My question is simple, how can one be friendly or not friendly to either pick pocketing, or mugging? "Excuse me sir, you stole $5,000 from me, mind if I bash your brains in and take everything you have?" In what world what that conversation ever occur? For that matter, when would you ever ask to steal from someone? If you run around screaming that you are not friendly to being pick pocketed, or even have it tattooed on your body, who in their right mind is going to stop trying? The art of pick pocketing is that it cannot be prevented. You exist, therefore, you can be pick pocketed. (OOC: Just like in real life, if you're walking down the street, or through the mall, anyone can at any moment steal your wallet or steal something from you.) Is anyone truly "friendly" to being stolen from? In that case, it isn't quite stealing is it? And isn't that what pick pocketing is? It is stealing money from another member. If you steal from someone, and are seen, you can fully accept the risk of getting the shit beat out of you. (OOC: Just as you would in the real world.) So, what exactly is the point in Pick Pocket friendly/not friendly?

King-Weiland takes another swig and stands aside to watch the gatherers.

Report Post Tip

Wherewasi that is proberly one of the best ideas put forward here, Sure it wasnt thought up by those damn monkeys? I know there has been quite a few accidential muggings which i notice the chance of that happening has been removed now. But TBH if a person places his hands in someones pockets he runs the risk of a mugging as Slash said he has been beaten from pillar to post over delving into someones pockets i have been as well if someone is stupid enough not to bank there cash on hand and delves into someone elses pockets and gets the crap beaten out of them whos fault is that? Not the muggers fault i really think commen sense should prevail in these kinds of things. To me the whole issue has really gotten out of hand and i for one am really over hearing about who stole $5000 from who and i pick pocketed such and such and he mugged me back fuck up my timers and took 100k.

Report Post Tip

My particular suggestion, maybe the players and admins could discuss lowered consequences? like adding an hour maximum to flight timers and a max of $2 Million is able to be taken. Would both sides agree to that? It still leaves an opportunity for players who don't like being PPed to get back at the person they feel is attacking them, but it doesn't make the attack quite as big of an issue and wouldn't need heavy restrictions, in my opinion. I'd definitely love to hear some ideas flowing and logic being shared in a constructive way.

I like the sentiment in the idea, a solution for all with reduced consequences would be an ideal end to the whole debacle. However, didn't we already have the punishment reduced? Wasn't the initial timer penalty much higher than it is now and was altered due to the fact people complained? If so, where does it end? Is there a point where people will finally accept that they are the ones that are responsible for their own actions?

If you PP, consequences befitting the crime should be available. Its only common sense.

I really don't see why people have such a big issue with this.

Report Post Tip

WhereWasI, didn't said idiot get his money back? Don't worry I won't name names.

Although if it had been me he PP'd & I mugged him I would be sitting here IWP saying thanks for the BG's.

As for this idea of lessening the pick pocket payback I see no reason for this as you know the risks when you pick pocket therefore bank & prepare to fly, don't do this then it's all on you.

Report Post Tip

So someone lost 70 mil and the person who took it gave it back? Wow so mob like. You can be sure if I ever garner that kind of pay day, the money will stay right in my bank account.

Report Post Tip

the gods could hand each of us bricks of solid gold upon our venture into this world and people would complainn that it isnt enough. everyone cant be happy all the time. the system works just fine no need to fix it

Report Post Tip

Overall my opinon on the topic is simple. There shouldnt be anything called "Not PP Friendly" and if you PP and get caught well you can be mugged. However i will always follow the rules put in place by the CLs' reguardless of my opinon on the matter.

Report Post Tip

i agree with kenshin42, it's all family rules.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: To mug or not to mug that is the question!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL