Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 15:29:56
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
planning suicide mail me :) Started by: Nicholas_Hearon_JR on Jun 13, '12 05:26

Ok sir but I think it is a good idea but unfortunally I am going to have to decidate my time to stopping the Suicides

Report Post Tip

thank you and its a great idea Guardian but I must do something about the suicides

Report Post Tip

o may bad though it was a glitch and didnt post not realizeing the new page lol

Report Post Tip

If your interested in trying to stop them, then why not create a center people can come to, to talk about their feelings. Offer them advice and try to talk them out of it. It may possibly be a success for you.

Report Post Tip

lol im currently working on this in another tab :)

Report Post Tip

Talk about straw men. This was a good idea from step #1 and there is one reason why. ME. Thats right me. It was a service, brilliantly concieved and typical of the male mindset. "Hey, you gonna do it anyway, lets help your kid." The reason it was good for me is that this "service" is already in place if you have been here for years and continue to stand of the shoulders of your ancestors. You have lotsa friends, you can easily pass your money on to them and do as you will. We see the funerals: "see you when you have more time" etc. Now in my case, what friends do I go to? Thats the thing. AnthonyReturns does not stand on the shoulders of his ancestors. He does not claim a bloodline. So this man, had I decided to off myself, offered me a service that many of you already have secretly and we come out here and pounce on it as if he had ANYTHING to do with the huge amount of a suicides. Now the business, which Red Guardian should have just started to compete with in the districts with a counseling service, is now no longer a dark, mob like entity that Hearon invisioned, it is a family counseling center. A nice place for the girls to hang out I am sure, but you wont get many men in there talking it up. They will just bypass a well concieved idea that was bastardized in OOC instead of competed with in FP like it should have been. .02

Report Post Tip

I guess I should offer up a solution for you Hearon. The way to RP around this straw man is to offer an insurance business:

"Hey mobsters, you get the feeling you are going to die soon? Maybe you should buy incident insurance. For a single payment of your choosen amount, your son or daughter can recieve benefits amounting to 85% of your initial invsestment. So next time your gut is telling you, you wont make it through the day, come see me."

Theere ya go, that business should be pretty fool proof and you dont really have to play Doctor Hearon unless you really want to be that guy.

Report Post Tip

How about you pay me, and Ill write your next obit.

Report Post Tip

...I am not going to even touch the topic of this being "assisted suicide" or not. However, I will offer this advice:

Do you really feel comfortable having someone you hardly know holding your money? What type of insurance does this person offer if he is killed while holding your money?
If he dies, and your "kin" hasn't gotten around to asking for payment, does this mean that money is lost forever? Do the debts end as his life ends? Is there a time limit?

Truthfully, do you think if you give this guy $10,000,000 and suicide.... and he gets shot.... you think he will be able to come up with that type of cash? Not without the backing from proper channels, which he does not mention in the least bit.  

Report Post Tip

Phil makes a good point, all the more reason not to be couseling potential clients in the business district. Pretty soon these errant mobsters families might come after poor Hearon when some guy in a suit lends an unworthy mobster large sums of money. Or worse when some unworthy mobster accuses him of theft out of the blue. Its really best to keep it as concieved. Just between Hearon and the client, nice and secret like.

Report Post Tip

I promise I would never accept money if I though I would be a target by anyone

Report Post Tip

So what if the WS finds its way back to the leader and there is no message from the person you performed "The Kevorkian" for explaining that they had you shoot them? Leaders talk, your not around, one's pissed you shot their member, your leader is clueless, you get shot, people lose their money... That kinda scenario.

You can't just shoot people, even if they want you to, without your leader's permission.. Or at least that's how it is in most families/crews when it comes to non-IA, MIA, RIA, NPC, or wartime targets.

Also, I wouldn't say it's a growing number.. It happens. Some just don't like the game, some don't like who they are representing, and well, some are just out to collect info on a crew and move on to the next one.

Report Post Tip

I believe you have misunderstood what his service actually is. He doesnt intend to kill people, he intends to provide a type of insurance for their children. That being the case, the casual gamer who finds MR too intimidating will not be the person utulizing his service. They could care less about the next of kin. The other player examples you gave are actually his ideal customer base.

Report Post Tip

I don't believe either of us inferred that he had anything at all to do with the huge amounts of suicides Mr. Returns. I believe our stance was pretty clear in that neither of us agreed that a business openly promoting something that most people hate as an option was a great idea. Sure this is already offered hush hushly among friends, but no one is profitting from it in that sense. It is certainly my right to believe this is a poor choice for a business, just as it is my right to voice that opinion. Just as it is your right to voice yours. No matter how contradictory yours may be.

Report Post Tip

Ill quote red guardian since you appear to have missed it KillTheSky:

Your right it will help the growing number of suicides. It will help them to become more frequent.

We can keep debating but be sure Ill keep you honest.

Report Post Tip

Truly i didnt mean to mess up your name, may apologies.

Report Post Tip

I didn't miss anything Mr Returns. Yes, his business has the potential to increase the already troubling number of suicides. TRG did not say he currently has anything to do with the huge number of suicides, which was your statement. I wasn't dishonest at all, so there is no need for you to keep me honest. You are the one that trouble keeping on the same page I'm afraid.

Report Post Tip

You are kinda cute, you need to read up on straw men arguments. And you didnt follow along well. My reply was to your version of your pretty clear stance. As for inferring responsibility, I did not state any such thing, Here is what I stated:

and we come out here and pounce on it as if he had ANYTHING to do with the huge amount of a suicides

Note I said we as in, people a little more experienced than this guy. You see, you guys pounced like it was all his fault, and its not, its just a business idea you didnt like.  I compared the tone and resepect level of your posts (TRG anyway) to the tone I would expect as if he was responsible, instead of just having thought up a decent business plan. Everything else is straw men.

The very first post by TRG was a straw man, what you did just now is a straw man. You mis represented what I stated, Prior to that you mis represented your position (at least TRG's) too, blantantly I might add. And I corrected it. You dont just think it is ill advised you argue suicides will directly increase if he offers the service. You also think by straw manning the position that his business WILL increase suicides, you have won your point. Except I dont believe you, nor have your provided evidence that any such thing would occur.

Report Post Tip

The only reason I jumped into this was the use of the straw men in OOC which could be construed by Hearon to imply that he would have a negative effect on the actual player base of the game should he not "change" his business idea. He fell for the arguments and I hope he does not believe he would have had a negative effect on the player base. To the contrary i believe his original idea could have very well increased the player base. As for the business he runs today? Well if I wanted a counsler I would not be trying play a mobster, but hell it is nice and boring and safe.

Report Post Tip

What is a straw man? :(

Anyway, I think the old hardened asshat community of MR has come out a bit here and jumped on the newbie. Will offering to shoot somebody or hold cash increase suicides? No. Not in the slightest. At the end of the day if you want to kill yourself you'll do it regardless of whatever people want.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: planning suicide mail me :)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL