Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:31:52
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Pick Pocket Skills Started by: Squishy on Jun 13, '12 20:04

Now that PP is on its own separate timer, people are building their skills a little faster than anticipated which had the side effect of being able to PP some really big people a little too quickly. I have modified the math with a small change that should slow it down juust a hair. The change is small, I'd rather be too conservative then risk nerfing those hard working people too hard.

I encourage any feed back from people who have built up their skills to let me know how the new math feels.

Thanks!

Report Post Tip

I dont want to complain and I am not sure if I have a good pickpocketing skill or not (probally not since I cant get people IWP and I have i believe around 200 pickpockets.) But why would you make it harder because just a few people who play this game have no life and are able to pickpocket people alot higher. Now to the complaing. This is a slow paced game for alot of us and making it slower just makes people who are slow like me not want to play as much. Pickpocket really is the only thing some people can do well and making it harder for those who cant play 10+ hours anymore seems a bit extreme. 

Report Post Tip

I understand where you're coming from Fuschia, however, I think there are a couple things you're not realizing. Just because people play 24 hours a day, doesn't mean the gods favor them as far as making changes in game for them.

Also, when you have people who are Insanely Well Protected in the game, they have invested quite a substantial amount of cash for their bodyguards to do the job correctly for them. It's going to take a very good thief to be able to sneak past all those bodyguards and successfully get away with it. In the past the Pick Pocket timer and the Attack timer were the same, now that they have seperated them, he's stating obviously the people who play constantly and don't have a substantial amount of time invested are able to take charge and pick pockets in a very small amount of time. Where before, it would take ages for someone to come up with the ability to do so.

Unfortunately where this leaves us for the people who don't play 24 hours a day, it will take you a much longer time than someone who does, to be able to reach that kind of level of thievery.

If you have a hard time finding things to do within the game itself and you only play for small portions of time a day, try reaching out to your Sponsor, or Crew Leader and ask for assistance on how to make things a little more accommodating for your style of play. Most people who are bold have been around long enough to give some advice on how to play the game in many forms of light.

Report Post Tip

I'll be playing a bit with a curve so that it affects those with small skills very very very little, gradually kicking in as you get more and more pickpockets.

(Made up example: Got 100 pps, no change, 300 PPs, 5% change, 600 PPs, 15% change, 900 PPs, 25% change and so on)

I hope to get this balanced so it fairly fixes the problem without impacting too much.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Pick Pocket Skills
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL