May 15 - 21:22:38
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Bodyguard Defense. Started by: The_Falcon on Aug 18, '08 17:35
Report Post Tip
Sorry about that.

But here's a suggestion.

Bodyguards, as you all know are cheaper as a gangster, and get more expensive as you go on. But think about it, would a Don's BG be of the same quality as a thug? For the same price? I don't think so. In helping this game be more realistic, I think the more a BG costs, the more they should protect. If an actual don wanted a BG, they sure as hell wouldnt settle for the same thing a lowly thug would.

If this were to happen, it might stop the snowball affect of BG's. Why would you want to buy 20 shitty BG's when you can wait and then buy 5 great ones?

Just a suggestion, I know alot of people won't like this idea.
Report Post Tip
Oh yeah, forgot to add, do away with the BG training, it wouldn't be needed if this actually came into play.
Report Post Tip
I think this is a great idea!!!
Report Post Tip
I do also like this to
Report Post Tip
I'm also all for this
Report Post Tip
Good point. I'm for it!
Report Post Tip
Hmm this idea does make some sense. But this is not a good enough argument to stop BG training. That was implemented to take more money out of the game.
Report Post Tip
I think it would be enough to stop BG training. The reason why it came about was to stop the snowball effect of getting them, this system would stop that (without the need of BG training)
Report Post Tip
I like the idea, but I have a few questions on how this would possibly work.

What if you wanted to buy the best quality bodyguard as a thug? Let's say the best quality bodyguard costs 5 million dollars. Would you be able to buy that top quality bodyguard for 5 million, as a thug?

Or if you were to buy the cheapest bodyguard, could you pay extra money to increase its defense boost? For example, let's say the cheapest bodyguard (that gives the least amount of defense) costs 500k. The next level of bodyguard, costs 1 million, and obviously adds more defense then the 500k one. Could you buy the 500k bodyguard and then pay an additional 500k to "upgrade" your bodyguard so he adds the same defense boost as the 1 million dollar one?
Report Post Tip
Good questions.....

Lets see if this helps answering them....

Lets divide it into 11 ranks (Thug-Godfather)

Each time you gain a rank the price of a BG goes up correct? So how about we divide the defense of a BG into 11 parts as well.

Sooooo.....

Thug: 1 BG = $500,000 = 1/11ths defense of a "Godfathers BG"
Gangster: 1 BG = $1,000,000 = 2/11ths defense of a "Godfathers BG"
Goomba: 1 BG = $1,500,000 = 3/11ths defense of a "Godfathers BG"
Earner: 1 BG = $2,000,000 = 4/11ths defense of a "Godfathers BG"
Wise Guy: 1 BG = $2,500,000 = 5/11ths defense of a "Godfathers BG"
Made Man: 1 BG = $3,000,000 = 6/11ths defense of a "Godfathers BG"
Capo: 1 BG = $3,500,000 = 7/11ths defense of a "Godfathers BG"
Boss: 1 BG = $4,000,000 = 8/11ths defense of a "Godfathers BG"
Consigliere: 1 BG = $4,500,000 = 9/11ths defense of a "Godfathers BG"
Don: 1 BG = $5,000,000 = 10/11ths defense of a "Godfathers BG"
Godfather: 1 BG = $5,500,000 = 11/11ths defense of a "Godfathers BG"

UPGRADING

As far as upgrades go, sure! You can upgrade all you want..... Say you buy 1 BG as a thug and then turn gangster.... You would then have to pay $500,000 to upgrade the defense on your BG..... Just as if you had bought it as a gangster... AGAIN: If you buy a BG as a thug, you would have to pay $500,000 to upgrade it one level.

Issues I see now:

*Someone could buy 11 BG's as a thug and be "Well Protected" and a don could have the same protection with 1 BG and be "Protected"

Solution Instead of going by HOW MANY BG's you have go by how much money they have invested into BG's.

$0 - $500,000 = NOT PROTECTED

$500,000 - $3,000,000 = PROTECTED

$3,000,000 - $10,000,000 = WELL PROTECTED

$10,000,000 - $20,000,000 = VERY WELL PROTECTED

$20,000,000 and up = EXTREMELY WELL PROTECTED
Report Post Tip
Seems like you have a few of the kinks worked out, the admin could easily work out the rest. All in all, two thumbs up for this idea
Report Post Tip
So do suggesstions ever get implemented? This one sounds like it would be a valuable addition to the game.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Bodyguard Defense.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL