Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 18:37:32
Page:  1 
Stop The Spamming! Started by: -Weirdo on Jun 17, '12 23:46

Hello everyone, I've come to talk about the street posting. I'm sure we've all read the rules about it and we should follow by them. Now back to the point I was reading a well written street thread just a minute ago and was about to reply to it but I saw that someone already had. Normally I would reply regardless but it wasn't roleplayed nor was it long enough to even be a post. And it is posts like these that make it hard for some people to reply to. This needs to be justified!! If you're not going to be in character, post it in OCC!

Report Post Tip

Give me 5 minutes just finishing my thread. kisses x

Report Post Tip

This new generation don't know much about this thing of our's. And the way things are going now, there's no doubt in my mind that it'll be spammed.

Report Post Tip

A point was made earlier in regards to educating the "new crop" of Mafia Returns players and the need to do so. Many of these people come from games where role play isn't encouraged, they are the "click monkeys" paradise. Not everyone is a natural role player.

I am just as guilty as many others when it comes to giving the "new crop" a hard time (You don't need to point that out thanks.) and can't say I've seen the error in my ways as it has actually had positive results sometimes.

Maybe it's time we teach the new players a little bit of what we know instead of driving them away or turning our beloved Business Districts and Streets into cesspools of subpar threads that would make the likes of MafiaMatrix swoon sharing their adoration for the amount of role play included.

Report Post Tip

I got some sorry news for you Weirdo. In my own posts, with all the hours and hours of effort I put in, I have seen old hands, experienced people, spam them. Hell I have seen disrespectful posts to me just removed from the street. It is a sorry state, but I contend it has more to do with the way things are than any new generation of thugs. If anything, the continued corrections by people who get it wrong and should  know better, tend to run off the new generation. That may be part of the reason I see so many, shall we say, non players running around these days. I know in my own case, the likelyhood of my son returning is getting slimmer as the days pass. Sort of  one life lived, and Ill see ya in another couple years if the place still exists. Too bad really, this place has something that most don't, if it were played properly it could be booming.

Report Post Tip

It is not my intentions to see anyone leave this thing of our's. In fact, I don't want to see anyone leave. You two have changed my whole outlook towards all of this. We just need to teach the new mafioso what we know. Anthony I hope your son does return! And MidnightQueen you're right once more, we do not want to run them away. Harsh punishment almost ran me away when I started this thing of our's but instead it strived me to become better. Although people have different egos..

Report Post Tip

Role play? Excuse me?

Most of the halfwits here write STORIES and make it out to be role-play. If you're playing a role you don't need italics or "speech marks" when talking. Everything you say should be as the persona you're trying to create.

Some of the best role players and streets speakers that have ever graced this world never did anything that half the people here claim is "roleplay". Get down off that high horse... to role play, it doesn't need to be x amount of lines/paragraphs. Why in the hell is your view of roleplay so absolute? I don't push people to speak the way I believe to be role play (everything said in the first person, NOT third person... *TeQ shuffles his feet and stands on his soapbox* <-- this is NOT roleplay, you're talking from a third person viewpoint, how can you be playing a role if you're speaking as if you're someone else viewing what is occurring?)

Rant over.

I think some of the new breed of mafioso are better than a lot of the "old-timers". Singling out the minority and pretending they're the majority just doesn't wash with me.

Report Post Tip

Why in the hell is your view of roleplay so absolute?

It is what gives this game such class eh? I understand what you're saying about the whole viewpoint idea. However the "it doesn't need to be an x amount of lines" I disagree, not saying it should be a paragraph but if it's not on point it shouldn't be posted. We've all had our's or seen someone else's thread ruined by something too simple. And another thing: Quality over quantity, I think the spelling should be corrected before posted. I'm not much of a great speaker and we all make a mistake once or twice but constantly it's annoying. As I said before we should just teach them. It's not singling out, I don't even know any new members to even single out. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Stop The Spamming!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL