Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 14:23:41
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Going alone Started by: SlimTony on Jun 19, '12 17:26

I would love to be given a pass. I will make a family the people will slowly come to work for me.  In return I will be a fair and honest leader that gives back to his workers.

Report Post Tip

Ever hear of the chain of command? The higher-ups give you an order, AND YOU DO IT! No questions asked, If you can't follow orders without getting all pissy, What makes you think you can GIVE the orders.

When your a leader you put the lives of your crew in your own hands...

Report Post Tip

shall I give him a slow golf clap? I once was Godfather, but I dont run around tooting my own horn about it.

Report Post Tip

Thats the thing Ive ever was a godfather. I follow orders but this time the order was to sit there and wait to be killed, pretty much.  They didnt want me to pro or anything. And thats what brings me to this point bad leadership. Read the thread. I keep having to repeat myself.I am done talking about it. 

Report Post Tip

"Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?"

Report Post Tip

give it 13 hours and ill give him a shot haha

Report Post Tip

Even being given a "pass" wouldn't help. You have to be at least Made Man to purchase a headquarters. You have to be in a crew/family to be promoted..

Report Post Tip

I stand corrected by an unnamed person..

You can buy a HQ in an unpopulated city at wise guy (Forgot about that change since it's rarely used.) as long a you have made man points, however, this doesn't mean you'll be allowed to live after your 48 hour protection is gone. You'll be seen as a risk by the city you call home, Los Angeles, as well as others and shot.

That's just the way things work around here.

Report Post Tip

My last piece of advice to you. Work hard, establish a relationship with people, then ask to set up in Chicago. There you can really prove your worth as a leader.

Report Post Tip

I dont really agree with your methods, Tony, but one must admire your resolve. So im going to toss you a bone. If you read the rules to the chicago experiment there are no rules about the required rank of a leader. While this may only be a loophole that may not even work i think its your best shot. Claim you are entering yourself into that contest. Create a street thread announcing yourself and your intent to set up a crew the moment you can. Like i said, its unlikely to work but in terms of going it alone i beleive it to be your best option.

Report Post Tip

Details good looking.

Report Post Tip

Interesting how an outsider thinks he can do better than established leaders. But hey, somebody said you have the blood of an old school mobster, maybe that's why you think so highly of yourself.

And "almost 70 units"? When did they raise the max amount of units in here?

Report Post Tip

And "almost 70 units"? When did they raise the max amount of units in here?

I believe it is possible to get over 60 units, tho it will not display in level over 60

Report Post Tip

Yes. You can get more than 60, but last time any of my people were close to those sources of info, you couldn't get near 70.

Report Post Tip

I was tricky and mooshi can back me on that fact. Once I hit gf points I was going up a unitevery other day.  And I was ranking in all the cities.  I wasnt your people I was Bob the astronuts people.  and I was almost done with phase 7 of ko the po 98%. I had over 250 kills over 500 pps.  And I had all the jail achievements. You are mistaken about me. 

Report Post Tip

Once I hit gf points I was going up a unitevery other day.

The fact you think it is even possible to go up units that fast past Godfather points proves how little you actually know. Nice try though.

Report Post Tip

First off..

Max units one can have is 65.

Secondly...

There is NO way you were going up a unit every other day. It is impossible. You can do that earlier in your career, but it NOT possible to do so after regardless of how active and click monkeyish you are. I know this as I have been a godfather and know others that have been as well.

I will give you kudos though, your imagination is fantastic.

Report Post Tip

As a card carrying member of "Clickmonekys are us", happy to confirm MQs comments completely. 

More importantly, stats don't matter a crap. I don't care if you've 1 unit, 100 units or 1000 units; that doesn't make you a godfather and it doesn't make you a good player. To believe that it does shows a grievious error in thinking straight away. The only time that stats matter, and not just units but the same for wack or defence, is if they are high and enough and strong enough to allow you to force your opinion through strenght on those who oppose you (I'm not familiar with the Detroit war, but I'm confident in saying that wasn't the case. I'm also 100% positive it isn't the case if you try and 'go it alone'). Sure button clicking is part of the game, it's important, but if you think it's all there is to the game then you don't understand it and won't go on to achieve anything of note. Influencing people, inspiring people, motivating people, scaring people and knowing when to step back are all far more important than any number of wacks, petties, BGs or JBs.

You refused to pro? I'd probably have shot you there and then if I'd been running that HS. If I give an order, you do it. That said, if someone is asking you to pro they should know just how good (or not) your shot record is. Obviously there were failures on multiple levels there. However, even if the command you are given is the wrong one, you damn well follow it. Throw in a "Are you sure? I've got xxxxxxxxxx on my shot record, so might be more valuable hitting" if you want, but if told to pro you go and pro like a champ.

You choose a family to protect you, once you do you sign your life over to them. If you don't like it you can try and break with the tradition and change how the world works (I'd love to see someone try it), but I don't fancy your chances one little bit. Pick a family with care, pick one that you know you'll be willing to die for and once you pick them sign your life over to them. That, or you can cry and moan when you eventually die for 'bullshit' reasons. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Going alone
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL