Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 07:02:30
Page:  1 
Gleam of Opportunity Started by: Alonzo on Jun 21, '12 17:41

Alonzo had landed at the shores. His father's journal in one hand and a few chump change in his other. He had nothing but that except for his father's custom knife, his clothes and his balls. You see his father died a long time ago a respected man. A man who was loyal to his word and that's what got to him one of the most privileded ranks amongst the elites of the elite. The money he worked hard for had disappeared into the hands of some greedy bastards. But that didn't matter. To Alonzo it meant that if his father could make it there was no reason for him not to. 

Alonzo decided to go for a stroll alongside the beach when two burly men with arms so big it looked like they were about to burst through their suits came over to Alonzo. 

'Let's go for a walk, kid' 

Alonzo didn't say a word. One of the men lifted his coat up to show that he had a gun and that was all that was needed. These men were obviously not the feds and they clearly didn't want to buy him an ice-cream. So this left two things. Either they were going to show him the side of the bridge or take him somewhere where someone wanted him. The first idea was ruled out as he just got into the country and he hadn't caused any trouble. So the last choice seemed the most logical. As infact this was father's old city with a couple of his friends. If they wanted Alonzo dead he wouldn't have made it across the border. 

A blacked out sedan came out of nowhere and screeched to a halt. The doors flung open and Alonzo was dashed in. A bandana was put over his eyes and a towel filled with choloform was put over his mouth. Alonzo was now knocked out and the men sat either side of him with their guns on their laps. Just incase. 

An hour of driving through back-alleys and and side-roads aswell as off-track the car came to a stop. They dragged Alonzo out and one of the bigger men placed him on his shoulder with no effort at all. As if carrying a sleeping child to his bed. 

Alonzo, began to open his eyes but had to shut them again immediately for the lights were a big bright. He looked at his clothes and he was wearing a brand-new and a rather expensive looking suit. On his wrist was a watch that looked like it was worth a couple bank-robberies. However, standing infront of Alonzo was a pretty-looking woman who looked like she should be working for the model industry rather than a.. family. Alonzo knew exactly what was going on. This woman was Madam Freak more commonly known for her paranoia. But it was her paranoia that got her to where she was. She was a friend of his father's. 

'My name is MadamFreak. I..'

'I know who you are, why am I here?'

Madam Freak wasn't used to someone talking to her in that tone and neither were her BG's. Infact one of them came from behind Alonzo with a flick-knife and put it to his throat ready to slit it when Madam Freak stopped him.

'He reminds me a lot of his father. Your brave i'll give you that, but talk to me like that again, i'll chop off your head place it on my wall and play dart with it. Now you asked me why your here and i'll tell you why. Your father was a great man who brought a lot to the city and for that he will always be remembered. Now before he passed away in the un-fateful shooting he asked me for one thing. And one thing only to look after you. That's why I brought you here. I want you to come work for me. I want you to follow in your father's foot-steps and be the great leader he once was and for that to happen you need connections. Connections which I can supply you with. Our family is a respected family. We have never started trouble neither will we ever.'

Madam Freak took a pull from her cuban cigar, letting the smoke oooze out from her mouth and into the awaiting atmosphere. Alonzo was rather mesmerized by this woman. She was not only beautiful but had authority and he knew that she wouldn't hesitate in pulling the trigger herself. 

'Were more of a.. business sort of family. You look after one of ours, everyone else looks after you. Im not expecting a lot from you, rather that you conduct yourself in a respectful manner and do as I or one of the higher ranks asks of you. Even the lower ranks. For they will never forget that and they will repay you when you once need them. And believe me, you will. So what d'you say. And don't worry even if you say no, i'll wire you a million dollars to your personal account which i'll set up, take you to a new house for you to get started but that would be it. Farewell from there. However, say yes, and believe me i'll show you the world.'

Alonzo couldn't believe it, how could he say no. Ever since he was a kid he wanted to be like his father. Better than his father. To him it was like a dream come true. 

'Madam Freak I don't know how I could say no. It will be an honor to be a part of the family and believe me when I say i'll make you proud. Aslong as you keep your word that you'll look out for me i'll always be there for you.'

Madam Freak had a grin from one ear to the other. She hugged Alonzo and they shook hands. She called over one of her personal BG's and whispered in his ear. He went out of the room and two minutes later there was a knock. 

'Come in' 

Just then a man who was the size of a door not wider than a beer-truck, ducked through the doorway and stood next to Alonzo. Next to him, Alonzo felt like a kid. This man was big. Infact he looked like the sicilian version of Hulk. 

'Nocturnal this is Alonzo. Alonzo, Nocturnal'.

The two men shook hands and Alonzo felt like his hand had sunk into a brick.

'I want you to do me a favour Noc.'

'Anything Madam Freak'

'Good. I want you to show Alonzo the ropes. I want you to show him everything he needs to know, from the ground up. Hopefully, one day he'll do the same to a new recruit. But first.. I want him to prove himself. There's a local shmuck across the road by the name of Stevie who owes one of our protected rackets some money. He wears a platinum chain worth a heck-load of money. I want Alonzo to get the chain back. If he fails, both your heads are..

She imitates slicing their heads off with her finger across her throat. Nocturnal swallowed his saliva, and if nocturnal was scared then imagine how Alonzo felt. His heart was pumping so fast it was like it was running a Cardio olympic.

The two men walked out of the room, down the stairs and out of the building. They then crossed the road where they saw a man wearing a hoodie and tucked underneath Alonzo could see a gleam of opportunity. 

'Right this is it. You wait here lemme go handle this.' Alonzo said.

'You sure you won't need me.' Pleaded Nocturnal. This small job was life or death for him aswell. 

'Don't worry I can handle this.'

Alonzo walked over to the man in the hoodie and..

'Hey there, my name's..

When all of a sudden Alonzo was caught completely off by-guard. The man gave him a quick right-hook and an uppercut. It was clear this man knew how to fight. Nocturnal was about to step in but left it.. this was a test. Alonzo was stumbling all over the place. 

'Calm down I just want to talk'. 

When another jab and a hook came. 

'Fuck this'. Alonzo lunged at the man and they were both fighting on the floor punch-for-punch. When Alonzo stood up, took out his knife and proceeded to stab the man again and again and again.. and again until he could no longer lift his arm up. Nocturnal came over and whispered..

'Don't worry i'll take care of the body. You just take the chain back to the boss and see what she says from there. Alonzo agreed and listened to what his mentor told him. 

'Congratulations, from here on I welcome you to the psych ward. We'll make it official tomorrow, go home get yourself cleaned up and we'll talk properly tomorrow.'

Alonzo faintly chuckled. 

'Thanks boss. Funny thing is, I don't actually have a home..'

'Oh don't be silly course you do. Donnie- take him to his new home.' The loyal family member nodded and told Alonzo to follow him.

The boss sat down in her leather swivel chair inbetween her two BG's standing over her and proceeded to get on with her paper-work. The door closed and he proceeded to sit down in the car awaiting for him. The sun began to set, the shops began to close and Alonzo now had a family. A family that he will be loyal to until the day he dies.

~Alonzo~

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Gleam of Opportunity
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL