Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 03:36:14
Page:  1 
Hiring Writers , publishers Started by: Hotstuffs on Jun 22, '12 13:48

Hi, I am needing 3 good writers and 2 good publishers. I had a idea of haveing a story business where anyone from any family can come and write whats on there minds.

I also thought we may have extras. And i may put out a cash reward every week for the best story written. But i will talk to the people who volunteer for this job.

If i'm not on, still message me, and i will message you as soon as i can.

I take my stories seriously. And i dont want to hire people that kill themselfs and dont care for what they are doing. If not you are welcome to go for the job.

Now with messaging. Send me a message telling me what you are, what family your in, and why i should choose you.

That's all friends, thank you for your time.

- Hotstuffs 

Report Post Tip

Correct sneers at the man.

"I find this insulting. You have not only attempted to take credit from my grandfather's work, but you are now stealing his ideas. Practically the only thing you have changed here is the fact that you will be "haveing a story business" instead of a newspaper. When I said I don't mind friendly competition, I meant just that, but stealing the ideas of someone else, is far from friendly."

Correct shoves a past bulleting message in the man's face and then quotes a speech his grandfather gave.

If your article is especially well-written, we will send you a cash reward!

I would like to have sections written by many different people

Correct turns to address the people that have gathered.

"I know my reaction to this man may seem harsh, but if you have ever had something you worked hard for, and then some kid came and tried to take credit for it, or stole main parts of the idea, you would react the same way. I only hope he get's his wits about him soon."

Report Post Tip

<em>I press my arm tightly against my body, keeping the folded copy of the New York Herald lodged firmly between the two. It was slightly damp from the earlier bout of light rain.</em>

"I understand, from a business point of view, your wariness of a competitor so soon after the development of your own newspaper, Correct, but I hardly think you were the first, nor will you be the last, to start a newspaper. I don't think it's not an idea anyone can take credit for beyond the conception of their very own brand. While I do think, if Mr. Hotstuffs is in fact starting a newspaper, that it's likely you both could best benefit off a pooling of resources, rather than as competition, he's 'stealing' the idea as far as you're hijacking the business plan of the good old Herald under my arm."

Report Post Tip

I cough, years of cigarettes echoing through my throat.

"I'm sorry, I meant I don't think it's an idea anyone of us can take credit for. I fumble my words sometimes."

Report Post Tip

Correct turns to BobbyBigsby.

"Aye, the idea of a paper is something anyone can take credit for, but you don't understand the full story. This man's father contacted my grandfather, asking if he could be the 'main' writer for the paper. My grandfather told him he wants anyone and everyone to contribute to the paper, and now he has taken that idea, and used it for stories. I just recently received a letter in which he attempted to save face by stating, and I quote "But my stories are not articles. Never said articles." So, as I earlier stated, the only difference between this and my newspaper, is that this is based on fictional stories. Which, by the way, were also in the first edition of TheRealTruth."

Correct takes a breath, and then concludes his argument.

"If I did not know Hotstuffs, or his bloodline, I would not have a problem with this in the slightest. It is the fact that his father had a connection with my grandfather, and has clearly taken his idea. I would not have a problem with it if he had politely asked to use the general idea in his "story business." I have no more to say on this matter, my opinion has been stated. Good day.

With that, Correct walks to his apartment and poors himself a stiff drink.

Report Post Tip

Hmmm... You write a newspaper correct, and hotstuffs writes stories that are fiction. So my point being even if he did get the idea from your newspaper I would hardly call stealing your grandfather's idea. I would be more of an influence. As in he was inspired or influenced by your grandfathers newspaper.

Report Post Tip

(OOC)

I am assuming the stories will be compiled into one thread, like a newspaper. If that is not the case, and he will have several threads and the streets will be filled with his stories, which I can see some people having a problem with. When I take into consideration how alike his idea is to mine, and the fact that it will most likely be compiled into one thread, I cannot bring myself to not voice my opinion. I can tell most of you will believe I am in the wrong, but I have a stubborn personality, and still believe I am Correct ;)

(/OOC)

Report Post Tip

and hotstuffs writes stories that are fiction.

Fiction, spam.....what's the difference?

I have NO problem with people coming to these streets and telling stories. However, I find it quite annoying to listen to stories that are poorly worded, poorly punctuated, and poorly executed. Standing on a new corner every other hour with a new blathering does not prove you're a great story teller.

And this idea of putting into writing and publishing said fictional works is not a new one. However, if Mr Correct feels he is being plagiarized, he has every right to be upset! Especially if he has knowledge of Mr Hotstuffs ancestors working with his grandfather on very similar ideas.

If I were Hotstuffs, I would seek a mentor. Or a lawyer.

Shrugs and turns to go about her business

Report Post Tip

Hotstuffs looks down, and back up.

" Sense people have a problem with me writing, and enjoying what im writing. Then i'm done. I wanted to let people see what i can do. But its over shadowed by people who dont care

and care for themselves. It's fine with me. I'm the one who asked you for your opinion. Good day."

Hotstuffs turns around and slams the door behind him.

Report Post Tip

I'm a little amused. Here comes a man looking for writers (which we need), and publishers (whose job it is to make sure that the stories are correctly written), and this is the reaction he gets?

No commentary on how this idea could help the streets, nothing on the idea itself. Just someone whose afraid that their idea has been stolen pouting abut it? For shame!

And I might point out that You attacked his idea based on you assumption that he would present these stories as a thread.

Mr Hotstuffs, Not only am I in support of your idea (Provided that the stories are posted individually, so as to quiet Mr. Correct's fears), but I would be more then happy to Proofread and edit any story that Anyone Wishes to tell in these streets.

Report Post Tip

Thank you Philli-Stein, someone who gets it!

Report Post Tip

I am assuming the stories will be compiled into one thread, like a newspaper. If that is not the case, and he will have several threads and the streets will be filled with his stories, which I can see some people having a problem with.

I don't see your point of argument here Mr. Correct. I think everyone is free to establish their own newspaper as long as they think they are capable of running one. Just because one of your ancestors started one before, doesn't mean the idea is preserved for them and only them. I have seen many newspapers during my bloodline's time in this shores, some of them were successful and others weren't, but none of them lasted anyway. So I don't see the point behind hindering new talents from trying their luck in this business.

Besides anyone would offer rewards for a help, so him offering rewards for the writers participating isn't a copy of your idea, but more likely a traditional reward for a hard work. Had our business been legit and this newspaper as well was, he would be paying his writers and other employees salaries for their work.

Regarding the other part concerning the several threads if he was too divide his work into several editions and keep it as a story, I don't see where the problem lies. We do already have a lot of people who lack the ability to speak proper language in the streets roaming around speaking nonsense and I don't see you doing shit to stop them. So why would you do that to this guy?

Whether or not his stories are fictional, I'd like to see him show us his qualities.

Karl extends his hand to the interior pocket of his suit and takes a cigar and the box of matches out, he lights the cigar and puts the box of matches back in his pocket before turning around and walking to the street corner waiting for his ride to get there.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Hiring Writers , publishers
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL