X

May 17 - 05:55:38
Page:  1 
TheRealTruth Edition #2 Started by: Correct on Jun 22, '12 18:17

The Real Truth

A Community Paper

Edition 2

Editor's Note

I want to thank everyone that has submitted articles, your individual effort has allowed us to provide what I believe is another successful paper. Keep the creative juices flowing, and I'll keep the papers coming each week. Some people have opted to go under fake pen names, just to clear up any confusion.

Disclaimer

Everything you read in this paper is based on the opinions and beliefs of their respectful authors, these opinions and beliefs in no way represent TheRealTruth Newspaper or Correct. Any issues with anything written in this paper can be taken up with Correct in a respectful MobMail.

Recent News – Detroit Massacre

The Detroit Massacre claimed 131 lives within 12 hours of fighting. The war began when the crews of Detroit, led by Godfather Valmont, killed 6 sponsored Philadelphia mobsters. The war quickly turned sour for Detroit, as New York rushed to the defense of their ally. With 7 crews versus 3, Detroit stood little chance, still they fought on. Within the first 2 hours, Detroit lost 19 soldiers, while their enemies lost only 7, not including the first wave. By the end of the war, 100 Detroit members lay dead, while only 14 in Philadelphia passed, and 17 in New York. At the end of the war, Valmont made a decision many do not understand. He decided to kill Krim1nal, a Chicago Crew Leader. Valmont was shot seconds later, signalling the end of the war.

The Streets

Recently in The Streets, we have seen many young mobsters writing their many stories. The community seems divided in feeling towards these many articles. Some say they are simply spamming, and soliciting replies, trying to earn experience. Others say that a story in the streets is a good thing, and the more the better. Although this reporter went deeper, here at TheRealTruth, we seek the truth. I contacted one of the more controversial thread starters, Hotstuffs. The interview is just below.

TheRealTruth: How do you feel about the reaction to your street threads?

Hotstuffs: Every time someone says something it gives me ideas to make it better. That's why I ask for peoples opinion. And I'm glad they are looking at my stories.

TheRealTruths: Of what quality do you believe your threads are?

Hotstuffs:To be honest with you,there has been problems with me and my stories.

TheRealTruths: What are you planning on doing for the future, in regards to the streets?

Hotstuffs:My story "Charley" is just the beginning. I want to be common around the streets I want people to enjoy my stories and idea's.

TheRealTruth: Thank you, and good luck to you.

- Correct

SlimTony

Yes, this young man gets his very own article in TheRealTruth, congratulations Slim! For those of you who are not aware, SlimTony has decided to not only write a very unworthy post in the streets, but he has stated that he will be joining the "Chicago Experiment" without authorization from any city or Crew Leader.

I did my research, and not surprisingly, Tony has a history of 'acting out.' During the Detroit Massacre, Tony was asked to save his shot for after the first wave. He was very upset over this, and ended up dying within 2 hours of the beginning of the war. He never fired a shot. Obviously upset over this, his son has opted to "Go it alone." Tony has been known to say things such as, "F**k that s**t I am not dieing for a war that I cant fight in" and "From now on I going it alone. I make own family."

Some people have decided he will be shot within moments of going rogue. Although as Details stated in a reply to his thread, this might not be the case. The "Chicago Experiment" might have a loophole that could be exploited by this intelligent young mafioso. The rules of the contest do not state anywhere that there is a required rank to be a leader, therefore Slim could theoretically start up his own crew at the rank of gansgter. So Tony entered the contest by publicly stating his plans of world domination. His post in the streets reads "Slim walks around all day putting up posters stating he will be entering the contest for chicago." All day? Slow down buddy, you're feet are going to be aching!

- Correct

Why Are Credits So Expensive?

As many of our faithful readers may or may not have noticed, the price of credits has been steadily increasing over the past few weeks.

At the time of writing this article the average price per credit is $428,250. Generally the average price of credits used to hover around the $300,000 mark, lowering to around $250,000 after times of war. Although, the Detroit War hasn't seen a drop in the average credit price. Rather, it sits stagnant just as high as it was before the war began. Why is this? Is demand for credits so high that it is forcing a pricing bubble as people compete to buy the few available?Is there some kind of price collusion going on between all of the credit sellers?

One would assume that the economy had inflated, which would mean that there are more dollars available to compete for the credits which would theoretically drive the price higher and higher.
The economy has not inflated however so that could not be the reason. Right now the economy is worth about 1 billion dollars. Generally it fluctuates between $500 million (after the New Orleans war) and about $1.2 billion (before the Detroit war).

What the root of this problem actually is could be anyones guess. So in closing this reporter has to ask "Why are credits so expensive?"
- Micky O.

Capino's Corner

Just to introduce this section, Capino will be interviewing a member of our community each week and it will be published in our paper starting next edition, since he failed to meet his deadline. Damnit Capino. In all seriousness though, I set an impossible date for him to finish, but we're all looking forward to this section in the next edition Capino!

Question of The Week

For a $25,000 prize, our question of the week is...

From which building in Dallas, Texas, did Lee Harvey Oswald shoot the bullets that killed President John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963?

Sent in your answer to Correct within 48 hours to have a chance to win the prize!

Note: Send me a mobmail to me if you have any suggestions for the paper! I love feedback, good or bad.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: TheRealTruth Edition #2
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL