Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 04:43:00
Page:  1 
Chi Is Alive Started by: Lasko on Jun 23, '12 08:13

Lasko steps out onto streets shortly after all the chaos subsides. The clean up process was nearly over from the previous war and some of the recent story tellers have finally went on their way. Life was beginning to get back to the 'Norm' in all but one place, Chicago. Life in The Windy City was different. Not in a bad way but there was definitely no time to rest. There is constant construction, tons of time spent leaning on and converting local dealers, and even more time spent 'negotiating' with the local business owners but things were starting to fall in place.

Lasko knew he should take this down time not to rest, but to remind the world Chicago was still alive, kicking, and not something to be forgotten about. He makes his way to the local hangout where most of the influential and upcoming mafioso go, and pulls up a chair next to a few of the 'Big Guys.'

"Hows it going ladies and gentlemen. The family heads believed it would be a good idea to give a little insight on how things are going on in our fine city of Chicago. As I'm sure most of you are aware we have already lost two Crew Leaders in BarneyStinson and Krim1nal, God rest their souls, which were both serious blows to the progress of our city. We had been working closely with them in getting the city up and running and had shared a mutual plan for the way things were to go in the future. It goes without saying that these losses were in no way caused by us, but we all know how this thing of ours works and basically the only explanation sometimes is, shit happens." He signals the person tending to them to bring him a drink, then continues to talk.

"For those of you who know what it takes to run a successful operation you know that structure and organization are key. Even with all of our resent loses we have still managed to get a foundation established to ensure the growth of our city and I can comfortably say we are able to stand on our own two feet. In no way does this mean we are done with the process of moving this city forward, it just means we're off to a great start." The person finally returns with his drink and Lasko slides him a few dollars. He takes a sip and places his glass back on the table.

"We all know it takes a special breed of people to be able to survive in Chicago, and that is something that brings us close if nothing else. Unlike every other city we have no one else. No help from the outside and no previous relationships to rely on. All our strength comes from within our city confines and we rely solely on the alliances we build and the bond that keeps us tight as family. With all that being said we'd like to publicly say welcome to Chris_Dolmeth, Death_by_Snu_Snu, and the rest of the future Multiple Organisms. We look forward to working with you guys to get this city functioning like all the rest, if not better. We hope we can all share the belief that this city is not just an 'Experiment' but mainly a place we call home. We hope that with working together we can show that we are not a city full of blood hungry barbarians, but respectable mafioso that can work together to accomplish major things. He takes a breather and looks at everyone sitting around, hoping he didn't lose their attention.

"Thank you again to the City Heads for giving the chance for this to happen. We also invite other respectable mafioso with the same goals in mind to join us in growing this thing of ours. Now let me stop rambling, I could talk for days about Chi." 

Report Post Tip

Chris sits, listening intently to Lasko's speech. He signals to the help silently so not to interrupt, still keeping his eyes and ears on the speaker. By the time his drink had gotten to him Lasko was finished, after taking a drink of his beverage, he feels it's time to say his part.

"Making the move to Chicago is something I had been discussing with Kriminal, Orion, and Don_Omar since nearly the beginning of the experiment. It breaks my heart to see two of these people who I considered really good friends, and, future business partners now deceased. But as you have said Lasko, that's just the way our life is."

Chris takes a moment to sip his drink before continuing on."That said, Don_Omar is someone I have known for a fair bit of time, I have spoken briefly to Mr Castiel, but I look forward to a long and lengthly discussion between the lot of us in the near future to become more familiar with eachother and discuss our future as a city."

With that, Chris sits back with his refreshment in hand, waiting to listen to the next to speak.

Report Post Tip

As Don stands there and listen's to Lasko and Chris's speach, he fells he should add a few of his cents into the mix

I got to say Lasko brilliant and well spoke basically hit the nail on the head on how we feel as in Me and Castiel about the current events and Chris_Dolmeth I agree we have known each other a bit of some time now and I do remember you speaking to the late Kr1minal about your move, on which we all agreed it was a great thing for the city. Basically us as in Chicago had experienced a few hard hits, with the death of Barney and Orion, two members I have known for years had me gutted on that day they lost their lives, we kinda felt incomplete with out them. But we had to move on and have made a strong alliance with The Triad's. Everything was working well together till the up coming war with Detroit and The two Powers I like to call them, which was DeadlySin and Marston, RIP to all the fallen on both sides of the playing field's not an easy day for anyone. But on that day we lost yet another ally KrIminal. Something totally unexpected. Another hard hit I said to Castiel for Chicago, something we didn't see coming. But later on then when I heard that a person by the name of Vino, which we have been establishing a friendship with in the coffe shops was coming, I was like good we see light at the end of the tunnel. A great ally to set up with us. unfortunately, I dont want to say but something hap pend which lead to his retirement. Yet another let down for the building block of Chicago. See, to me I not looked at this thing as an just experiment but a place to call home and to prove that a group of respected mafioso's can work together and not just kill each other and become a show for the outside world. But a great chance for us to run and delegate a city to greatness. Basically everything has been peaceful in Chicago, no bloodshed from all the set up and not from our family. We welcome Chris_Dolmelth and his chosen pick hands to join this conquest, and we hope to continue with the building foundation plan we have set forward for this city.

Thank you for your time!

As Don light a cigarette and listens to the others talk.  

Report Post Tip

Jelena hears Lasko talking to some of the big guys in a local hangout. Having just moved to CH, she listens carefully attempting to learn more about her new city. She is satisfied that this city has a planned direction and a prosperous future. Even though she is not "one of the big guys", far from it in fact, she pulls up a chair to say a few things.

I hope you don't mind my intruding. I haven't been here long but from what I am seeing and hearing I am very optimistic about the future of Chicago and the continued growth of this city. I don't know either of you leaders very well but my kin shared many good times with Lasko and I know him well. It looks like everyone is working together towards the same goal and that is to make Chicago the best city that it can possibly be. I am looking forward to working with all of you and getting to know you better as well. There is a saying that I fully believe in. "United we stand; divided we fall." This thing of ours is a rough life for all. I believe every city must band together and become a united front, look out for each other. I am sure we all share an interest in bringing families here and growing. Maybe we can use that as a stepping stone, among other things, towards unity. We must show the big guys that CH is a viable, hard working city.

Jelena looks around the table and smiles at them. She raises her glass.

To Chicago and to each and every one of you!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Chi Is Alive
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL