Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 04:03:00
Page:  1 
Voices Started by: Philli-Stein on Jun 23, '12 16:04

Philli-Stein walks through the streets of Las Vegas, listening to the sounds of the city. Stopping on a street corner, he places a soapbox on the ground, tests its weight, and steps up onto it.

"Seems a quiet day here. I was walking through the streets, and heard very little actual talk going on. There was a discussion of a call for writers, some discussions regarding the war that ended recently, a couple of crew announcements, and a speech by Mr. Lasko letting the world know that Chicago is still alive. Although all of this is useful and necessary, there were none of the things that people who complain about street activity levels usually ask for.

I asked myself why this is, and I came up with a reasonably solid explanation for this. Recently, we have seen a several story writers, a conspiracy theorist, and a newspaper publisher come to the streets to announce their upcoming work, or speak on some topic or other, or tell a story. One died in a war, and was not well received to begin with. He got a few responses, put out a test work, and that was it. One wrote a series of stories, and was told he had released them too fast. He is now gone for other reasons. The conspiracy theorist...He's dead repeatedly, we'll see him in a few months.

But the reaction to all of this writing, and ideas for writing was this. A few supporters, and multiple people ridiculing the writers and their ideas. So I put it too you all, Why are we so negative towards writers in our streets, and speakers in our streets?

Perhaps the quality level of the work is not up to the par is was. But is that a reason to tell them to stop writing? I say no! I spoke recently with a member of a Family from LA, who said that "If people want to write, they should do it. If they get a negative response, ask and see how it could be made better." and I completely agree.

So this is my suggestion to all the crews, and all the members of this thing of ours, Write. Crew leaders, foster the writers in your crew, make sure they have any help they need, be it with proofreading, content, or what is and is not acceptable in these streets. Higher ranking members, be willing to help.  You have the knowledge is what is and isn't acceptable. use it. Aspiring writers, go for it. A back alley thread is a good place for a first draft, and You can use that to get editing assistance.

And finally, to the community at large. To every person in our world who pays attention to the streets, be positive. If a writer is not up to standards, don't just tell them to go suicide. Tell them what they could do better next time. Who knows, you may be helping develop the next RichardWad, or the next Gwarble. So Don't just attack bad writing, encourage the good writing.

Good day to you all."

Stepping down from his soapbox, Philli waits to see who will reply to his ideas.

Report Post Tip

Taking a drag off her cigarette, she listens to Philli speak of a matter that she recently interjected herself into. Nodding in agreement with some points, cringing in guilt on others, she smiled at Philli and dropped her almost gone cigarette, stepping lightly with one toed boot to snuff it out.

You may find that I have recently "criticized" a street story teller, but I digress.

I was not criticizing him just to be a bitch. Anyone who knows me and my bloodlines know I have always had a love for helping people improve, and becoming involved in the streets. However, when one such as myself offers young people help in finding their way here and I get met with "I r gud at riting, shut up bitch, leemmee alon"

It really grinds my gears.

If you do not have a strong grasp on things such as how to properly form a word, you should always have someone proof read your speech or story before you get to the streets.

And this is how I support all speakers/writers. However, when I offer my help and get told to "fuk off", and then have to suffer through the spam littering the streets, I tend to get critical and pissy.

Report Post Tip

Listens to Philli speak and watches proudly.

I admit I usually do not care for any of the postings in the street as of recently, but since things have been spiralling and people have been posting things that should be okay but are not to some.

I agree with Margaret beacuse that is one of my pet peeves. I am a writer myself and things that are not grammatical or spelled correctly are annoying. I am not perfect though so I am quiet. 

As for helping others, I completely agree.

I am able to help if anyone so chooses to write and needs some help. I'm glad things are being voiced.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Voices
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL