Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 21:26:42
Page:  1 
How far would you go? Started by: Bjorn on Jun 25, '12 14:27

The time was 10:48pm. A New York earner by the name of Bjorn, had been contemplating what he was about to do for some time now. Not so much apposed to public speaking as he was green to it. Finally the time had come to speak his mind. Standing on the sidewalk, just off a now darkened alley. He raises his arms in the air.

"Hello everyone." His voice echoed. "I have a few things to say and a few questions to ask. I'm sure most of you have seen many wars in you time. Many of your friends and ancestors have been cut down by an assailants bullet. To most of us this is one of the greatest honours we as mafioso can have. To die protecting your city, your family, and your crew leader who has given you protection. Of course time and time again you see those who just want to save their own skin, and the hell with everyone else."

Taking a cigarette out of his tin he places it between his lips and then lights it with a quickly lit match. It's so quiet, you can here the crackle of the burning tobacco as he takes the first long drag. Exhaling into the crisp night air he continues.

"Getting to my point. My questions for you all today is this. 'How far would you go to protect your family, to protect your crew leader? Would you sacrifice yourself by taking a bullet for them? How far is too far? IF there is such a thing as too far.' Thank you all for your time."

Deciding it's time for him to get off his figurative soapbox and get back to work, he steps back waiting for someone else to take the floor

Report Post Tip

Akasha listens to Bjorn speak and takes in a deep breath then thinks for a moment. She had come out to the streets to merely spin a story before but something about this mans words made her ponder and want to speak.

Bjorn.. I have to say that to me it is one of the highest honors to die for the family you vowed to protect and be a part of. Just like it is an honor to even be in the family that has housed you and watched you grow. I myself might not be that of in this city but my mother did just that and she died while trying.

Whilst no one wants to die, if needed I would do just as she did right now and then hope that my daughter would pick up and do more then I could ever do.

As far as your question of to far, I can't say I believe their is a too far at all. Its all about what each individual feels and to what lengths they will go for those they chose to surround themselves with.

Report Post Tip

Bjorn you bring up many good points of interest.  I also have seen a degree of selfishness sometimes that just sickens me to the core.  Individuals who think only for themselves in our line of work have no business being here.  Their selfishness should only be rewarded with a bullet above the ear and a pine box to call home, in my opinion.

There is no such thing as going too far to protect your family.  As you mentioned, there is no greater honor than having the opportunity to defend your family, even if it means giving your life.  We will all die some day, that is a given.  Everyone has the choice of dying with honor in defending what they took an oath to protect or they can die a coward thinking only for the preservation for themselves.

I can tell you that there is nothing that I wouldn't do to defend Don SammyGarcini or Godfather Marston, or anyone of New York for that matter.  That is what family is all about.  I would kill my own mother if it meant saving the life of a fellow New York mafioso or mafiosa.  If everyone in a city lives with that mentality, that city will live for a very long time.  When selfishness is allowed to permimate the core of a cities values, the structure of the mafia breaks down.  We have to rely on eachother as friends and family to live.  From the tallest Godfather to the smallest Gangster, everyone matters.  Everyone plays their part in the defense, preservation, and growth of a empire.  Those who don't understand that point of view need to step aside, as we have no room for you here.

There is nothing I wouldn't give for New York, even my own life, and my childrens lives to come.

As he finishes his bit he walks up to Bjorn and also pulls a Lucky Strike out of his jacket pocket.  Could I borrow a match sir? 

Report Post Tip

Anthony stops off to listen to a fellow earner. He makes his way through this mans entourage and, after being frisked he finally gets to talk to the man.

Well Bjorn, much like top members in your crew, I would go so far as to give all my wealth and earnings to my boss. Relying on him for my protection rather than an expensive group of body guards. Of course, that is not to say a man cannot do his city service by being very well protected, its just that in many cases, mobsters do give everything they have to the family and this represents how far you can go. I mean lets face it, neither your BG's or you could not possible take a bullet meant for anyone other than yourself.

Anthony brushes past the group surrounding Bjorn and heads down the street.

Report Post Tip

I am encouraged by the words of my fellow New Yorkers.

Me myself, I do whatever the godfather requests of me, if that involves putting my life on the line so be it.

Report Post Tip

My family owns my life. I trust my family with it as they know they can trust theirs with me.

It is as Akasha has previously said an honor to serve and die for your family. Sadly there are those who don't see it that way and truly are out for themselves. I have seen it first hand. Ship Jumpers, inner family moles...the works.

My word is my bond. I give it when I join a family. I expect to keep it until I am either dead or unless given other orders from the head of my family.

Report Post Tip

"I would probably suck a dick. I mean I prefer not to suck a dick, but if I had to, I would."

In all seriousness on the matter, anyone who raises their hand and takes the vow of silence for this organization is expected to lay their own life down. Does it always happen? Hell no.

From my father's journals, to my great grandfather's journals, there was always a time where certain people either jumped ship or smooth talked their way out of something. Is it an honorable thing to do? No. But it might be the right thing to do at that time in their eyes. Live to fight another day.

With that being said, theres also the other way to look at it. Wouldn't you want your Soldiers to lay their life down for yours? As a Crew Leader you want to keep their loyalty and they need to know you would do the same for them. Some crews expect a lot out of their members, which is fine. But they also know what is expected of them. In conclusion though, I would lay my life down on the line. Even if I haven't taken the oath of Omerta.

Report Post Tip

Id take a bullet for anyone in my family. From the crewleader himself, to the bosses in the headquarters, down to the associates on the streets, Id put my life on the line to keep any one of them alive. Family first, family always in my eyes.

Report Post Tip

As Spider stepped out from the bakery she tucked the small blue paper bag into her purse. The contents of the bag were different then when she had first arrived at the bakery. She walked in with a large sum of money and out with the most delicious petite muffins. This was the local place she met up with the corrupt officer she paid off. Spider stepped off the curb, across the street and over to where her car was parked when she heard a discussion.

Something about the conversation led Spider away from her vehicle and within hearing distance. As the New York mobster spoke on Spider listened with both ears and nodded as she was already coming to her decision on the questions that were asked.

I have to agree with most of what everyone has already said. Especially Gideon's reply, that in this situation, there is no possibility of going too far.

A crew isn't just a place to collect men and woman with the same itch for crime. It's a place where strangers become family and we all work together towards a common goal, to protect each other and uphold what we all stand for. This goes all the way to the tip top, the glue that binds us all together, the crew leader and Godfather. If there crew leader/Godfather is dead everything falls apart and even if replacements are found, things can never go back to how that man or woman made the family.

There is no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't do my damnedest and anything less to keep the family safe and protect my boss. Just no blood on the Gucci.

Now, I must be off, I have a muffin with my name on it.

Report Post Tip

Stepping out of the jazz club down on the street corner Jane sees a gentleman stepping off of the corner street soapbox. Curious as to why a crowd has gathered Jane finds herself drawn and begins listening to the conversing of fellow mafioso's. As Spider struts off unpeeling a delicious looking muffin Jane licks her lips and speaks above the crowd.

Your family are the only people who give a shit about what happens to you at the end of the day.

A silence ripples over the group as they turn to listen. Jane lights a cigarett and inhales deeply before continuing. 

Without your family, you do not exist. You are an outcast of this life. We tag our Families in our profile for protection. No tag, well you better hope you don't wake up to find a gun to your temple one sunny saturday morning. I would do anything in my power to protect my city and Her people. I spend my life in return that it be protected by those who truly look out for my better interest. We have Godfathers and Dons and Crew Leaders for a reason. This is organized crime. We are tight knit, efficient groups of people who work along side our families to profit and benifit from this place of Freedom. We are the business men and women of this country, though we might keep a few things off the books for.. for safe keeping. I mean what the wife don't know won't hurt her right.

Jane smiles and turns to her families right hand man.

Gideon I could not agree with you more. If we don't understand how much we need each other a city is bound to break. 

The burning crackle of Jane's cigarett breaks for a scilence as she drops the butt and slips her black trench coat over her red party dress. Walking down the street she disapears into the fog and out of sight.

Report Post Tip

Simply put, there is no such thing as "too far". If you're a member of a family and you're NOT willing to do whatever it takes, up to and including taking a bullet, then this lifestyle is not for you. Joining a family is a commitment, a sign that yes, you will do what your leader requires, that you will be the best member of that family that you possibly can be, that there is nothing you won't do for the safety and well-being of that family.

My family line has oftentimes died for my leader - years ago my great-great-great-etc-grandpappy was going to get the opportunity to set up a family of his own by the great Ganelon, however this announcement was made during the middle of a war (hi PoisonousJelly) and my great-etc-grandpappy decided that rather than leave his leader to set up, he would stay and continue to support Ganelon throughout the night. Alas, he was cut down, but that is the kind of loyalty that is required of you when you join up.

You have to give it your all - anything less and you're already dead.

Report Post Tip

Surely, I can't find anyway how to say it better then what Daniel_Bryan has put it. And, even showing an example of his bloodlines' heroics and loyalship is far by the up-most respect I have ever seen. In my family line, I admit. They weren't all the greatest, they get pissed at something they feel need to leave. Shame of them. But, that was the past. This is the present. I'm getting ahead of myself in my bloodline tales. I apologize. Anyways!

When you first get to the crew rules in the HQ's room. You sign on that dotted line. You belong to THEM! You're willing to make sacrifices in that crew--You're family. Even your life. Willing to die for your crew is what everyone should do. Even for a low-life kid in the family. He's apart of your family! I'd take a bullet for him; I hope you would to! It'll be like to watch your brother die. Of course I'll take a bullet for him, give him a loan, help him out. He's a part of something as much as your leader is to you. Not saying that both should be treated the same. Which they shouldn't. Your leader is far more important then the gangster. But, I'll take a bullet for each and everyone in my family.

But, let me ask a follow up question to this that was once an interesting topic in the streets. If a war broke out between your leader and your godfather. Who's side would you take? Being in that situation of course? 

Report Post Tip

Luckily my leader IS my Godfather right now, so it's not a situation that I think I'll find myself in. That being said, if that situation were to arise... I honestly don't know. I'd probably remain loyal to my leader.

Report Post Tip

As I,m walking down the street i hear a voice that sounds familer an protecting our city an boss.so much it caught my intrest so i strolled over an was listing after the people were talking i raised my hand.i would take 1 bullet for my city 2 bullets for my friends an as many as i can to protect all of new yorks leaders their is no how far for family its a suicide mission with tnt strapped to my chest  i live an die for all of new york

Report Post Tip

Wow way to put me on the spot I thought to my self..I would stick with family but i would not shoot any friends from the other New york familys or the godfather  that i have made friends with.they can shoot me id let them wast a bullet thats on e less bullet for a  family member to live in lancelots family..

Report Post Tip

Which side would i take if a war between my crew leader and godfather breaks out? None.

This issue should be solved between those two, without family members get involved.

Report Post Tip

I'm pretty sure... I'd go... pretty far... Probably wouldn't suck a dick or be a part of any acts of sodomy... but aside from that... yeah... most things seem reasonable. 

Generally, I wouldn't work with someone if I didn't want to grant them all my efforts. So, yeah... 

Report Post Tip

To answer the main question, I would go as far as requested of me. I would, and my ancestors have, died for their city and crew leader.

Now, onto the more interesting topic.

If a war broke out between your leader and your godfather. Who's side would you take? Being in that situation of course?

Firstly, this question could lead to the deaths of those who answer it, seeing that it could show disloyalty. I will attempt to answer neutrally. If anyone has any issues with my answer, please send me a mobmail and we can chat more in-depth about it.

This is a question that would need more of background to it. Under special circumstances, I may turn on my crew leader. In other circumstances, I may join in a civil war within our own city, and attempt to take down the Godfather, or other crew leaders.

I am not saying I am disloyal, I am saying that I would do the 'right thing' based on my own opinion. Obviously I would try to stay neutral until I had contacted both sides of the feud, and from there I would decide upon which side to take.

Although, in my opinion, my Family comes before another (even if it is the Godfather's) in almost every case. It would take a very special circumstance for me to turn on my own crew leader, or upper structure. Of course, if my crew leader and Godfather had the exact same arguement, and both asked me to shoot the other, I would be more inclined to take the side of my crew leader.

That is my somewhat neutral response to the question.

Report Post Tip

As for the case of if war broke out with my godfather and my leader... I think that at that point, it would have to be taken as a case by case decision. If a godfather was acting foolish, they should be treated the same way as a leader acting foolishly. We have all seen this happen before so we can't kid ourselves that godfathers are always saints... As for the inverse... if a leader acts foolishly... well the same sort of decision should apply.

I do think though there should be a certain respect held for one's direct leader. The reason for this is that generally they are your guide in this world, and they are your foremost protector. 

If it's a case of something that one can't pick sides on based on the actual reasons for such a battle... then I think generally one should side with the godfather... Unless of course, the godfather simply aims to wipe out the entire crew... Then well... okay... fight back because otherwise you'll just be a sitting duck.

The reasons for siding with the godfather solely are simple enough... He is the holder of the city. If you go against him, you are essentially a rogue. There is no winning as a rogue, and so for almost purely selfish reasons siding with the godfather would more likely lead to not only one's survival but also it may just help sustain a city as a whole.... When cities fall, it's never good... The act itself and the cleanup are never pleasant.... so if it will save you and even your friends and family... you might just have to take shots you will regret.

We all remember last fall when Roman was taken down. (May he rest in peace and be remembered for all his achievements... Note: My ancestor who was around was not on his side for that... as many of you might know... for obvious reasons... However, even so, respect for a godfather should be present). Crews within his own city went against him. Some did not. However, every person in that takedown was aware of the choice they were making, and really in the end... though self righteousness is usually a part of it... self preservation plays a big part sadly. In the end, people were upset on both sides... Those people from Chicago who turned their back on Roman were shunned by some, and praised by others. There's really no winning at it.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: How far would you go?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL