Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 06:18:51
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Boycott Started by: Akasha on Jun 29, '12 04:57

Ricardo listens to what everyone has to say and is confused.

I understand that everyone is struggling right now. But maybe is was meant for these credits to be expensive. After all, you CAN choose to buy them using a 'Foreign Currency' But I honestly have more 'American Money' than that oh so difficult to obtain and valuable 'Foreign Currency'. I for one would gladly pay $500,000 dollars in american money rather than spend an entire dollar of Foreign Currency. I would say otherwise but Foreign Markets are in such a slump, I hardly have any of this foreign currency at all! So I am forced to either Suffer on these shores or continue selling a lot of drugs in order to afford these credits. 

Also, I often use these credits to twist a Corrupt Agent's Arm, and at the rate at which this patsey is earning I will surely be able to afford more credits than he cost! And to tell the truth I will probably kill him when his time runs out, afterall - loose lips sink ships. I am also aware of a place that people go to... Chat. At this magical place people give credits away! Why it's so crazy yet magical some describe it as Divine Lunacy!

Report Post Tip

(OOC: Anything in brackets is OOC, has to be done to help prove my point)

Niko sat back while the discussion took place, he realized that most of the people were in support of lowering the prices. He decided to add in his two cents.

In my opinion, credits should be worth this much money, if not slightly more. Honestly, do you think it's fair for those who purchase these credits with foreign currency to be forced to sale them to you cheap bastards at a low rate? No. I think there are more of you that buy these credits with our currency (MR) than those of you that buy it with that foreign currency (USD), and that is why you all want the price to go down. I worked hard for every one of my foreign dollars, while you did petties and sold drugs (by clicking in a game). So I ask all of you, do you think that anything lower than $400,000 (virtual money) is worth $1 (Real money, that men and women work hard to earn). It sickens me to see this plot to lower the prices, by underselling people in the marketplace, or refusing to buy credits (with your "hard earned" virtual money).

Report Post Tip

Zant overhears the conversation, and listens to the points being given, and decides to chime in.

"There are many good points that I've heard, but I think I've spotted one that could of been overlooked. When Ricardo started speaking about our "CA" friends, I started to think of this point. When the foreign currency is risen, and others purchase those foreign dollars, our "CA" friends have a set marketing tactic in the sugar industry, their earnings are already noted on a billboard or something around here. Would our "CA" friends be worth investing in if the foreign currency they are paid to get their services for, be worth it? If we spend around.. Let's say five million dollars on foreign currency, (I know the credits haven't spiked at this point yet), our "CA" friends have to match that quota otherwise they aren't worth our time, yes, some can argue they can help with favors with the city wardens, or act as an extra set of eyes when some vagabond decides to pull out a gun, or be a mark from our pick pocketing friend, but I 'ave to ask, if they can't pay back our investment with profit, are they truely worth their weight, or just a waste of time? I think I'm just about done here, my throat is starting to get dry. Good day to you all, or good night.."

With that, Zant waved, then walked off into an alley-way.

Report Post Tip

Technical listens to NikoBellic and comprehended that none of what he was talking about applied to him at all. Being that he has been in the marketplace business for quite some time he did believe that $400,000 was a bit much for the price of a credit.

Being that I own some of this foreign currency I do strictly believe that they should be at least $100,000 cheaper than they are NikoBellic. In fact I might start under the table deals to sell for $300,000 each but limit the amount each person can purchase. Business should be about the customers.

Unscrewing a bottle of Vodka he takes a good taste from it. Carefully putting the cap back in it's rightful place he conceals the bottle under his jacket.

This topic has already been brought to light but if you pay off that crooked agent he should at least double your money. Considering it takes a full 30 days to get all profits out of him at the current price of the credits it is almost not even worth the effort. If you are trying to slow down how fast the economy pumps out money by all means raise the credit prices. You may not feel it immediately or ever notice it unless you understand the idea of it in itself. People trying to purchase the credits will feel this pain though.

Technical reaches into his jacket and pulls out a pack of cigarettes. Opening the pack to pick the one he was going to smoke. Grabbing a cigarette from the pack he closed it and returned it to his jacket. He put the cigarette in his mouth and went for his lighter. Flipping the lid to the lighter he began the ignition and flames sparked in seconds. Technical lit his cigarette, closed his lighter and gave a few good puffs.

Report Post Tip

Anthony stops back by after having blown all 5 credits on various opportunities. He decides to explore the rabbit hole even further.

Well NikoBellic what we have here is the mart of competitive commerce in action. There is more to this market than has met the eye in my view. Here we had a need, the need for a seller to feel that his product (credits) be used not just for enrichment, but for advancement. The market has become speculative, those with large amounts of cash and time are able to buy from the suppliers at almost any price, so they compete with each other and drive both the wholesale and the retail price higher and higher. Being able to identify your customer and assure that your product is not being used as a commodity is a valid business concern for some people as has been proven here. 

Report Post Tip

I think I'm gonna go ahead and enjoy buying me some credits, if you know how to earn the money you should have no problem spending it on the path you chose. You forget that in this line of business you're not getting handed shit, (at least it's supposed to be like that, far from it.) you make ends meet anyway possible? While some are sitting around holding signs, I'm gonna continue moving.

Report Post Tip

Keenos returns to the streets with a print out of recent offers put up on the market place

$425,000    $425,000    1.00    07/08 14:40    1
$1,648,800 $412,200    4.00    07/08 14:04    1
$412,100    $412,100    1.00    07/08 13:53    4

Guys, we are really not helping ourselves here. Putting an offer a full $13,000 higher then the next nearest is only going to force the market up. Be sensible. Know how to work the market. We are only damaging ourselves

Report Post Tip

Niko takes a look at the printout.

Maybe some of us don't like the idea of the market going down. There are people here that think they should get more for their credits. I'm not saying I hold the offer that is worth that much, I currently have nothing for sale at the marketplace.

Report Post Tip

Are we really that sure that we want the people keeping this world alive to perhaps get discouraged from getting credits?

I'm sure many people would still pump "foreign currency" into the system but many people do it for the rewards and not only to help this place.

Report Post Tip

I will help with the boycotte i use to buy them cheap then resell them for profit.maybe i was wrong for doing this but as i saw it,it was fast cash to send to the family.But i cant afford 400+k for a credit.

Report Post Tip

I will help with the boycotte i use to buy them cheap then resell them for profit.maybe i was wrong for doing this but as i saw it,it was fast cash to send to the family.But i cant afford 400+k for a credit.

That would require the market to go down, and then back up. So you are saying you will only join the boycott so that you can buy the credits. But then once you have bought them, you would support the market going back up, preferably as high as possible so that you can turn a large profit. That may have been possible in the past, but now that we are facing more people in our population (and more people USING -not selling- these credits), the amount of credits is stretched, and since they are few and far between, the price is higher. I only see the prices going down when/if our population rises and buys more credits, or lessens and the credits are stretched less.

Report Post Tip

Looks at Akasha speaking... and shakes his head.

In history, the market has fluctuated the same way before. It happens. Just wait it out.

Gives Akasha a taco.

There, now you won't have to scrounge for food.

Lights up a cigarette and burns a credit.

Report Post Tip

The price of credits in and of themselves doesn not necessarily create inflation.  it works like this.

Most people have credits - they sell them or use.  They use them to train their guns, they sell them in invest in BGs.

The more people that have BGs, and the more BGs they have, the more others will want to follow suit..  They will need more credits but they will sell the credits for higher prices.

Ironically, those starting out, with access to credits, are best served by this.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Boycott
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL