Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 05:06:32
Page:  1 
Grand Opening: The John Galt Institute Started by: JohnGalt on Jul 06, '12 20:21

A lanky man dressed impeccably steps up to a soap box on the streets. He looks around, as he is new to the process of hawking wares for all to hear just by the sound of his voice. Those that recognize him standing on the soapbox stop to listen. Those who do not recognize him ask others around why there is such a commotion over the man, and are greeted by the now-familiar question "Who is John Galt?"

Come one, come all, to the newest addition to the Los Angeles business district. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, what you've heard is true: The John Galt Institute for Thoroughfare Civility has now opened in the City of Angels! I promise that this fine institution, made possible in part by a generous grant from the Kuku's Nest Egg Foundation, will quickly become one of your favorite stops while passing through Los Angeles!

What is the Institute for Thoroughfare Civility, I hear you ask? It is a place for we civilized folk to congregate and discuss what we have heard on these streets of the Seven Cities. It is a place where those who would like nothing more than to indicate their displeasure at a certain string of less-than-intelligible utterances can go to be among others of a like mind. It is a place where, when one sees a sign which states "DO NOT FEED THE TROLL," one can respond to the various speeches that are being made without encouraging the speaker to continue on with his ramblings.

That's right, for any situation where you've ever said to yourself "Gee, I really feel like I should point out how wrong that guy is, but I just don't want to give him the satisfaction or encouragement to go on" the John Galt Institute for Thoroughfare Civility's lounges is the perfect place to expound. Visitors to this institution can be assured that every time they enter they will hear yet another story of woeful misunderstandings. All comers will be sated with Schadenfreude and able to safely and pretentiously look down upon the underlings of the world.

Your patronage of the Institute for Thoroughfare Civility also helps to supply and pay for the Institute's own Civilization Corps, also known as "the civilizers," which shall scour these Seven Cities to ensure that top notch speakers everywhere are encouraged in their craft and that the refuse of our society is shushed away to someplace very, very quiet.

So come one, come all, to the John Galt Institute for Thoroughfare Civility - it's the big glass building in Los Angeles. You can't miss it!

Galt steps down from his soapbox to the roar of adulation from the crowds. He knows that as long as his Institute is even half as much of a success he thinks it shall be, the world will be changed forever.

Report Post Tip

On behalf of the Kuklinski Dynasty, DNO, The Plumbers, elements of the Unknown Assailants, the LVCF and last but not least, Generation Terrorists, I'd like to announce the release of the first tranche of funding for this project:

Your accountant makes note that $623,000 has been wired to johngalt from your account.

More will follow.

Other applications to the Kuku's Nest Egg Trust should be made me to.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Grand Opening: The John Galt Institute
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL