Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 19:06:25
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Forum Views Started by: enkindle on Jul 10, '12 21:37

I've added views to forums so you can see how many people have viewed a thread. All threads start at zero views as of today regardless of their history.

It will only count one view per person per post. So, if JoeBob visits a thread 5 times before anyone posts a reply it will only count it as one view. If someone posts a reply, the next time JoeBob visits the thread it will count another view.

Report Post Tip

Does the amount of views per thread give exp to the thread creator, the same way replies do?

Report Post Tip

Hopefully not.

Report Post Tip

They do not.

Report Post Tip

Just a personal opinion but the new layout of the forums is really bad, quite messy at a quick glance.

Report Post Tip

I do like how it shades the threads you've already looked at, until someone posts something new.   All in all, I can dig it!

Report Post Tip

For perhaps selfish reasons, I think that views/replies should give a lil bit of EXP

Report Post Tip

Views will never give experience... ever. Its far too easily abused.

Report Post Tip

Oh, as far as the new layout goes, its intended for players with lower quality monitors (of which this game has many) it is different yes, but if you ever use any other popular forums it should be a familiar layout. I am open to any suggestions to improve its readability and usability.

Report Post Tip

Has there been any thought to adding the "Views/Replys" to the "Watched" list? I find myself not using it as much as I used to just because it doesn't have that information.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Forum Views
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL