Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 03:48:32
Page:  1 
A Vision for the Streets. Started by: Mr_Kuklinski on Jul 11, '12 14:08

Forgive me for taking to these Streets so soon after a couple of speeches.  This will be a short, single item talk, and I invite discussion.

The young are, generally, provided with a level of protection that most of us do not have.  With this protection should come a proviso.

Perhaps, until they are over -48, the Gods should prevent them from talking too much here?  Perhaps two speeches and that's it?

These streets are a bit of a mess at the moment.  I realise that this might curtail my children's antics, but people change.

Your thoughts?

Report Post Tip

Great vision. Perhaps pyrozx could lead us towards it?

Report Post Tip

Sir, take a walk with me down to suggestions street. Once there tell the people your vision. I will for sure back you on this great vision.

For once I can say I like what I am hearing from you sir

Report Post Tip

The_Red, I speak of a vision...  and of the Gods.  Sir, this is framed for a discussion, not a suggestion

Report Post Tip

I would like to add to this particular discussion. Generations of my ancestors viewed those at the top with admiration and respect for following the very rules they laid down themselves. This war has seen something my bloodline never witnessed or attempted. The killings of large amounts of -48's. Some justified by the fact they did actually try and participate in the war. But many more died while innocent. It would appear that the most experienced people walking these streets disregard this rule not only in the sense of killing, but also in the sense of participating in the war. We had returning children pro wacking while under the -48 rule, and we had indirect fire at new blood just to kill these same people. It is no wonder the streets got noisey. It sets a bad precident, if you throw all convention out the window, how can you expect others to adhere to high levels of respect? I dont know who killed who, so I point no fingers at people. However, the experience levels of those involved is disheartening to say the least. To conclude, limiting speech is not going to solve anything when the vitriol involved spans generations and the rules of engagement are thrown out the window.

Report Post Tip

Brucie there are no rules in war.

Even the most innocent could have been a potential pro wacker. As such they would have to be dealt with to attempt to minimise the damage to be done.

Report Post Tip

I can see good points and bad for either decision.

Most of us don't like the whining and low insults from the children of the fallen but I have to admit I am always hugely entertained by the well thought out calling out of the son of a fallen to the leader of the winning faction. When the victorious leader comes out with his version of the story and is met with an equally well thought out but opposite interpretation of the facts. I like to see the passion of the fallen when it is well expressed. If you limited their appearances, this may hinder and end up cooling off this passion and we would miss out on good debates and discussions.

The advantages of your idea are obvious. We wouldn't have newcomers abusing their 24 hours of iron clad protection spewing off whatever rubbish comes through their head. Be it conspiracy theories, insults, "spam", etc.

I'm sure the following would be complex, but maybe a newcomer could earn more street appearances through the support of others. If a newcomer gets, let's say 5 "pats on the back" for their contribution/opinion/comment then they are allowed an extra comment in the future. They could start with the permission to speak up 5 or 6 times, let's say. Until they are in a crew, of course.

Report Post Tip

Wow David.  You definitely came up with a complex way to allow for more street speeches by those new to our shores.  I think it's a very good approach, I just don't think we need to work that hard. 

I am often disturbed by the speeches made by those with that -48 protection.  Am I disturbed enough to want to limit their ability to come to the streets?  No.  I don't think that every -48 should be prohibited from making more than a couple of street speeches. 

I think it's just another case of a few bad apples spoiling the whole bunch.  By prohibiting those few idiots who have only disrespectful rants to spew, we also prohibit those young members of this community who may only have thought-provoking and entertainment additions to our fine streets.

As for those who can only spew disrespect and bitterness...well then, I would hope that our leaders can deal with them either by prohibiting them from joining their crews, or showing them the way to another appropriate home.

Report Post Tip

Aside from the OOC-itis, David's thought were well thought out, Vito.

Report Post Tip

Very well thought out.  I agree.  I wasn't being sarcastic - I said it was a good approach.  It would just take a lot of work, when there are solutions that may be easier to implement.

Report Post Tip

I'm curious as to where you see any OOC'itis. I guess I must be having a bad case of them if I can't even see it. Feel free to reply here or in private.

True, Vito. I just wanted to entertain the main idea as it has some merit but it is also true that we should all be mature enough to see through the BS of a newcomer and leave it be. If you are entertained by conspiracy theories and enjoy "debating" with somebody that is using little logic, why should anybody take that away from you? It may not be productive in the long run, but it certainly provides some good mental exercise to find all the faults in the logic of the crazy people that come out here just with lunatic rants.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Vision for the Streets.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL