Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 02:31:50
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
A Popularity Contest? Started by: Mr_Kuklinski on Jul 15, '12 22:16

Hundreds come to hear me speak.  Not many of them would prevent my squashing.

Would someone start a Don't Squash Kuklinski Day of Action?

There is funding available...

Report Post Tip

UA hears Mr_Kulkinski ask a question to the street masses. She likes when he brings these things forward and decides to respond.

First, to the original Question ...

Is how many people talk back to you an indication of popularity?  Is how many people hang around to view you speaking?  Is both?  Neither?

I would say it is a mix of popularity and controversy that brings people to a thread. I know if I see something posted by someone that is controversial I am going to read it and respond if I have an opinion. This makes the controversial one popular I'd say. Not in the way most people think of the word though. If one who is deemed popular posts I am only likely to read it if I am bored and I will rarely respond. I don't think people answering or people viewing gauges your popularity round these parts. For the most part, the coffee shops are where popularity it built with the occasional one built in game. Popularity built within the game has limitations though.

UA gathers herself and continues with her other thoughts on popularity ..

In the more common meaning of popularity, unfortunately many things are based on popularity round these parts. As far as I am concerned, popularity does not necessarily mean a person would make a good leader or even justify their advancement in this thing of ours.

Popularity has no place in the mafia. In my romanticised view, Mafia Dons and Godfathers do not necessarily need to be popular with other families. You can respect each other without being popular. Bosses should work together when a Boss or individual is an asset to their city whether they are popular or not. People should not be overlooked because they don't run with the cool kids either. The best auth is the person that is best for the city, the best for the community as a whole, not necessarily the person who is your buddy.

Popularity can also become a burden. How many plots have there been to take down the popular kids? My math is limited. I can't count that high.

There have been Bosses here that have gone along to get along with the popular kids only to be taken down in the long run. Grudges are held a long time round these parts. A number live in the past rather than live in the moment. Their demise is plotted virtually from the day they open their HQ doors whether they are an asset to the community or not.

It would be nice to see ranking and auths based solely on merits. I know, that is expecting too much. Sure, some are based on these things but more are based on popularity when it comes to auths.

Having stated her thoughts, UA takes a walk further down the street. Maybe she will hear something else seh has an opinion on down the road. She is finished here.

Report Post Tip

Standing somewhere on the sidewalk not trying to draw too much attention, Mr. Adams listens to the voices. He hears them talking, arguing, screaming and even discussing some of his actions...

... In the distance he hears another voice: "Is how many people talk back to you an indication of popularity?"...

I think I'm popular, a lot of people talking back to me, around 7 right now! Me, me, me, me, me, me and a guy called Hank!

Report Post Tip

turns to hear what Undercover-Angel has to say and after a while has a puzzled look on his face.

What threads are you talking about, your clothes and what is this posting you speak of, should I expect a delivery? I know not of this game you speak of either. Most confusing I must say.

Listening on further he begins to understand some more

Okay so you confusing what I have said, to get the auth it helps to be popular, at least amongst your own family. Even if the other families in the city think your not worth a damn, their opinion doesn't generally get you auth'd your own crew leaders does. But your right though, popularity does not mean you are destined to succeed. Just that you have a better chance at getting the opportunity to try than the guy who's not so popular.

Also the Don or Godfather may be despised in other cities, but if they are despised in their own city while they may reign by force for sometime. Eventually someone will build up a force to take you down. A fine example of that is what happened to Roman when his own city had finally had enough.

What I would be interested to hear is this, exactly what merits do you feel it takes to gain rank or auth? How is this measured, it has been already said that how well you use your gun or how much money you bring in shouldn't be a requirement to auth. So exactly how do you plan to measure someone's merit? Surely if they are contributing to the family in all aspects this will make them popular with the crew leader and the rest of the family. So therefore by default popularity has it's place.

Report Post Tip

UA hears a man ask questions of her as she walks away. She turns back for a limited response. She has work to do but may return soon to answer the rest.

Sir, I can appreciate what you are saying but what makes you think this is anything but a game? It surely does not reflect my life. It is a multi-player RP game called

Mafia Returns - The Game

This stance is further validated but the greetings you get when you log in:

MafiaReturns Game Rules

Official Game Chat!

I have in game business at the moment. I will attempt to return. I do have thoughts regarding your questions.

UA rushes down the road. She is already late! That won't do for a lowly Goomba!

Report Post Tip

She stabs Undercover Angel repeatedly with a quick-load OOCitis vaccination syringe.

I am sorry for this Las Vegas member's obvious OOCitis infection, I do hope I caught it in time. I would hate for it to spread.

She checks Undercover Angel's temperature and gives her a lollipop laced with OOCitis vaccine just to be sure.

I am truly embarrassed for this outburst and will be sure to re-educate her personally. She sometimes confuses her vacation home outside the cities as reality. Funny that eh?!

She chases after Undercover Angel accompanied by a few of PJ's monkeys and upon catching up with her she hustles her off to a quiet little shed behind Fort Izzel for some instruction.

Report Post Tip

UA shrugs off the vaccine. Everyone catches OOCitis now and again. There really isn't a vaccine that has worked on the masses. While OOCitis has its place (down the road) she knows it does not belong here. She knows she is controversial and not always expresses herself in a way the majority likes. She will find other ways to say what she wishes to say without impeding her right to assemble and speak.

She excuses herself and gets back to work.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Popularity Contest?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL