Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 00:31:48
Page:  1 
Omerta. Started by: Pharoah on Jul 16, '12 15:06

Pharoah was awakened by a brain-searing siren. He quickly tryed to clasp his hands over his ears, noticing almost instantly that they were bound tightly. His ears were ringing and his mouth was so dry that his tongue had nearly stuck to the roof of his mouth. His head was filled with agonizing pain, and his eyes seemed taped shut. 

Once his eyes finally cooperated and opened slightly, the pain in his head seemed to get worse. His vision was blurred by what seemed like a bright light shining right in his face. He tryed peering through barely opened lids to see his surroundings. 

Just as he was starting to clear his vision he saw something out of the corner of his eye. KKEEERRAAACCKKK!! Pharoah's head snapped to the left, and though barely conscious he could make out voices in the background. He felt a trickle of blood slowly making its way down his cheek. He decided to play unconscious and listen to see if he could learn more, and attempt to clear his head some. 

The voices seemed muffled, but Pharoah could make out two voices, both male. One was gruff, almost gravely, while the other was much higher pitched and slightly annoying. He sat as still as he could, and attempted to control his breathing. He needed all his faculties intact to get out of this one. He thought they might have moved into a different room, but he strained his ears in an attempt to collect badly needed information about his situation.

Comon' Tony! Let me have some fun too! (high pitched voice)

You heard the Boss, we keep him unconscious till he is ready to question him. (gruff voice, Tony)

Pharoah searched his memory, but it was still cloudy. The last thing he could really remember was cleaning his fathers apartment out in New York, then heading back to Las Vegas. Everything afterwards was a blur.

Ok the boss is ready for you, wake the fuck up! Hey Spinner, hold him.(Tony)

Why can't I hit him? Dammit, I never get to have any fun. (high pitched voice, Spinner)

Pharoah prepared himself for the blow this time, and just as he felt the arms grab him from behind, he dug his heels and shot the back of his head into the nose of Spinner. 

Hit me all you like, boys, you get nothing from me, except a hard time. (Pharoah)

Tony had swung and missed, since Pharoah's head was no longer there, and stunned by the sight of the explosion of blood from Spinner's nose, pulled his police issue from his shoulder holster and aimed it, shaking a bit from the unexpected surprise. 

Seconds rolled into minutes, and still no one spoke or moved, except for Tony's poor shaking hand, trying to keep that pistol steady.

Report Post Tip

In these few seconds of silence, other than the sputtering sounds coming from Spinner and his broken, bloodyed nose, Pharoah started piecing things together. The siren he had heard, when he had first woken, and the police issue pistol that was wavering in front of his face, they both suggested cops. But these men spoke like gangsters. Crooked cops maybe, or even worse, mobsters working with the cops.

Piece of shit broke my fucking nose, Tony! (Spinner sputtered)

I told you this wasn't going to work, and its your own damn fault. What the fuck are we going to do now? (Tony)

The sound of squealing tires could be heard outside. Pharoah could see a bit clearer now, and noticed he was in what looked like a side room in a warehouse, with a bright lightbulb hanging from the ceiling not far above his head. His hands were bound, but he was not attached to the seat he was sitting on. Still...it could be very interesting trying to escape. He hoped that an option like that would present itself, otherwise this could be it. Either way he would not talk, he had sworn Omerta, and that was more important than life itself. It was the very essence of "this thing of ours".

Report Post Tip

Pharoah watched carefully as Spinner walked around his chair toward Tony, taking this opportunity to test his restraints, but keeping his body movements to a minimum. If he had a few moments, he thought he may be able to slip free. Since it looked like he may be on his own, he had to think on his feet. Keep them busy, then distract and misdirect their attention.

He continued working the ropes, and decided to engage them in conversation.

You want anything from me, you'll get me some water first, then maybe we'll talk. (Pharoah)

Tony turned toward the approaching Spinner, who was holding that busted nose gingerly.

Go clean yourself up, and get him some water. (Tony)

Highly suggestable. Good. Just a little more time. Pharoah could feel the ropes loosening slightly. Spinner returned a few minutes later holding a wet rag over his nose, and a glass of  yellowish looking water in the other hand.

You want water? HERE! Have it all ASSHOLE! (Spinner)

Spinner threw the 3/4 full glass of water into Pharoah's face, which really was all he needed to unstick his parched tongue. It felt rather good actually, under the circumstances. The plan was coming together, just a bit longer, any moment now...

Report Post Tip

Ok, you brought me water. Lets talk then. What do you boys want with me anyhow? (Pharoah)

Pharoah slipped one wrist free of the ropes, wrapping them around the knuckles of his right hand. 

We don't know really. We just follow orders. (Tony)

Don't tell him nuthin' Tony! The Boss will be pissed. (Spinner)

Is that your Boss there behind you? (Pharoah)

As both men turned to look with very startled looks on their faces, Pharoah made his move. He lunged forward grabbing the now wavering weapon that Tony wasn't pointing in his direction anymore, using Tony's own finger to send a bullet into Spinner. His aim was not great since he wasn't really that good with a gun himself, and since it was in someone elses hands, but he did manage to hit Spinner in the shoulder, which sent him realing in shock and pain. 

Pharoah bent the weapon back till Tony fingers nearly broke, sending one more shot into the ceiling. With his right hand, having the rope still wrapped across the knuckles, Pharoah caught Tony square in the chin, making him release his grip on the weapon, and sending him sailing in the opposite direction of Spinner. He could not cover both at once, being in between them, so as he fumbled with the pistol (not being very good with one), he dove through the small doorway leading into what he thought was the main area of the warehouse.

Report Post Tip

Pharoah hit the floor hard sending stars through his already aching head. He rolled quickly to the right and scrambled to his feet, crouched with his back to the wall. He could hear scuffling noises inside the room, and Spinner was calling Tony's name.

Now having a firmer grip on the pistol, Pharoah checked the tumbler to see four bullets still remaining. Returning his attention to the room behind him, he realized Tony must have been knocked out cold. The adrenaline surging through him must have amplified that punch.

Pharoah thought for a moment. Should he just take off now? No. He didn't even know what they wanted him for, but he could not leave loose ends. He had to stay and finish the job.

The light shining through the door from the bulb that was hanging over his head went out suddenly. Everything was very dark now. The windows of the warehouse looked like they had been painted over. The only light remaining brought Pharoah's attention to a large door, probably leading out into an allyway, that was left open a crack, letting thin beams of sunlight in.

The noises stopped in the room behind him. The whole warehouse went silent. Pharoah could hear vehicles driving past outside, and the slow chug of a distant locomotive. Pharoah controlled his breathing and listened, straining to hear anything in this darkness. He had to be ready for anything...

Report Post Tip

Minutes had passed, or so it seemed, and there was still no sound from the room. Pharoah's eyes has adjusted slightly to the dark, and he could make out shadows and shapes. He kept a firm grip on the pistol and took a peek around the corner, sweeping the darkened room with his eyes, straining to see or hear a sign of movement. 

Tony could still be unconscious, and Spinner may have finally succumed to blood-loss. There was barely enough light coming through that large door to the warehouse to see two dark forms lying on the floor, motionless. Pharoah made his way forward into the dark room slowely, keeping that pistol trained in front of him, advancing toward where he knew the lightbulb hung. 

With one hand holding the weapon, and the other searching through very dim light for the hanging lightbulb, he kept his eyes darting from body to body. There it was, no reason to put this off any longer. Let there be light. He pulled the cord while sheilding his eyes, intrigued to know whether this was a trap. Were they just waiting to pounce on him?

Report Post Tip

The next few minutes Pharoah worked quickly. He had found both men unconscious and had bound them both tightly. He had sat them down in chairs in the middle of the room under that bulb much like he had been a while before. Now the shoe was on the other foot. He had to work fast. Someone would be coming to look for them soon, he was sure of it. He just had to know who they were working for.

Pharoah checked the ropes one more time, making double sure they would not pull the same escape he had. It was still two against one, and he would take no chances. He had removed any form of weaponry from their bodies as well, only a small knife from Tony, and a garrot cord from Spinner. These were obviously not cops, at least not good ones, and he needed more info fast. Why did they want him, and who sent them?  

Report Post Tip

Both men woke up sputtering and cursing, drenched in water. Pharoah stood in front of them, a very determined look on his face. The pistol he held steady, moving it slowly back and forth as he spoke to them.

Ok boys. Moment of truth. I have no time to fuck with you. One of you is going to tell me whats going on NOW! (Pharoah)

FUCK YOU! (Spinner)

Spinner spit at Pharoah defiantly, then sat there with a satisfied look on his face. BBLLAAMMMM!!! Pharoah wasn't a very good shot, even at close range, but a small hole appeared just below Spinners right eye, and blood trickled down his cheek as his neck muscles let go and his head slumped to one side.

What the FUCK?!?! Ok, Ok, Dont shoot! I'll talk. I promise! (Tony sobbed)

Pharoah could see the fear in Tony's eyes, and for some reason he liked it. 

A name, NOW! (Pharoah)

Pharoah now had the pistol aimed directly between Tony's eyes, and the look of stoic determination told Tony he wasn't fucking around. Well, that, and the fact Spinners brains were oozing out the back of his head. A wet spot not made by the water Pharoah had woken him with appeared around his groin area. The smell of urine permeated the room. Pharoah cocked the hammer.

You now have 5 seconds left. 1....2....3...

Report Post Tip

Pharoah woke up, with the sound of Tony's voice still ringing in his ears. He was still on the locomotive from New York to Las Vegas. Wow. What an intense dream. And who the fuck is Tyler Durden?

(OOC: Sorry if I got a bit carried away there folks. I'm still getting used to writing like this. If anyone has any advice or constructive critisism, please feel free to drop me a mob-mail. Thank you, to all the viewers.) 

Report Post Tip

UA had finished her business in New York. Her shipment had cleared customs. By greasing a few additional palms she had arranged to get her stolen art on the train from New York to her home city of Las Vegas. For security reasons, she decided to take the trip with her cargo.

She was sitting in the passenger car with her trusted bodyguard when she noticed a man who seemed to be having a bad dream. He was breaking out in a sweat and mumbling something about a man named Tyler Durden.

Tyler Durden was well known for causing trouble throughout this thing of ours. He regularly brought hands of his merry men into our cities and took pot shots at us. An annoting song could be heard in all corners of our world as they approached.

It Taunted US!

While there aim was skeptical, at best, the did manage to hit a big target here and there. She wondered if this man had had a near death experience at the hands of Tyler Durden. She watched as the man jolted awake and looked around crazed.

UA looked to her trusted bodyguard but decided to send one of her men to speak with him instead. She leaned across the isle and had a word with one of her larger bodyguards

Take that man a drink and see where he is from. He looks vaguely familiar but I'd like to be sure. UA instructed.

Blake reached into his carrier case for the bottle of Scotch and a glass. He poured a generous amount into the glass and walked up to the man who appeared to be calming down.

Here my man. This ought to calm those nerves of yours, Blake said handing him the Scotch. The names Blake. Most just call me Slings. What's yours? he inquired

Report Post Tip

Pharoah was amazed at how real the dream had been, to the point of distrusting his senses for a moment, but yes...he was still on the train. Small beads of persperation still hung to his forehead. He was mildly startled once again when a male voice snapped him back to reality. Pharoah composed himself quickly and looked up, way up, for this man was quite large.

Uh, Pharoah is the name.

He accepted the drink and took a good swig before continuing. It felt pretty damn good going down.

Thank you Blake, or should I call you Slings?

Report Post Tip

Call me what you will, my man. You looked like you could use it. Nice to meet you Pharoah. You don't sound like a New Yorker. Where do you hang your hat? Sings asked.

Slings watched the man begin to compose himself. He knew we couldn't have people mentioning Tyler Durden in public. Instant panic spread throughout the land at the slightest hint of his arrival. Slings glanced back at UA to let her know things were under control, at least as long as this man was awake. Durden had people living amongst us who tipped him off when bodies accumulated and we were low on ammunition. We couldn't take the chance of one being on this train. This artwork needed to make it safely to Vegas.

Report Post Tip

The Scotch was doing its job very nicely. Pharoah was calming down. He wondered if this gentleman was just making conversation, or had some ulterior motives. It couldn't hurt to tell him where he was headed though.

I'm on my way back to Vegas, I was just in New York for my fathers funeral. I guess I was a bit emotional when I fell asleep. What about you Slings?

Pharoah was feeling much better now, but he couldn't let his guard down completely. He scanned the car absentmindedly as he spoke to Slings, just to see if anyone was paying attention to their conversation.

Report Post Tip

Slings noticed the man look around the car and wondered what that was all about. He decided it was time to excuse himself.

Ah well that explains the nightmare I guess, Slings responded. You looked like you were having a rough time of it there and I'd thought I'd step up and help a fellow man out. I was vacationing in New York. You know, the usual sightseeing and Radio Music Center. I don't live anywhere in particular. I'm a travelling salesman of sorts. I'm going to head on back to my seat now but if you'd like a refill just let me know. You can keep the glass. Safe trip to you.

Slings headed back to his seat and and fixed himself a drink. He picked up a magazine and flipped through it looking at nothing in particular. The man seemed a bit nervous. Slings will fill his Boss in the first chance he gets.

Report Post Tip

Pharoah nodded and raised his glass to the man as he left.

Safe journey Slings, and thanks again.

His eyes followed Slings back to his seat, and scanned the people sitting close to him, nodding and smiling when any of them happened to make eye-contact back. He was sure he had seen Slings glance back there somewhere.

Report Post Tip

UA was paying attention to the entire exchange but to anyone watching it looked like her attention was focused on her trusted bodyguard. As the man Slings had been speaking with glanced around, UA leaned over to her bodyguard. They exchanged a few words and laughed. She had seen what UA had seen and played along. After a brief conversation, UA whispered Lets go to the dining car so we can talk privately. They got up and went to the back of the train. They took the table at the back of the car and sat beside each other so they could watch the entrance. A bottle of wine was ordered. Once the waitress had brought them their wine and moved away, they spoke in hushed voices.

I am thinking that man is connected. With his inadvertent babbling about Tyler Durden while he was sleeping and his nervous demeanor, he is overly suspicious of the average person, UA said.

Slings did not seem real concerned with him but he did get out of that conversation quickly, her bodyguard replied. Even if he is a rival mafioso, I don't think we have anything to worry about. There are a number of us and only one of him, she finished.

Alright, lets enjoy our dinner and we will keep an eye out the rest of the trip. Our sleeping cars are well positioned, He won't be able to get near us or our cargo without us knowing. If he gets nosey, we will grab him and find out what he is up to. Until then, cheers, UA said raising her glass and  dismissing the matter for now.

It was a good thing that UA had other bodyguards. The two of them tended to dismiss many things and find out later that the others had taken care of a situation. Her lead bodyguard was more of a sounding board, a close trusted friend, than a bodyguard. Her instincts and aim were remarkable when needed though.

Report Post Tip

Pharoah checked his watch, noting that as long as no unsheduled stops were made, they would be stopping in Las Vegas tomorrow morning. He was eager to get back and bring in some more money for Slash, his crew leader. He was still trying to prove himself, and was determined to do so.

As he finished the last of the Scotch Slings had given him, he noticed a couple women head towards the back of the train, towards the dining car. Strangely his eyes were not the only ones that followed them. As soon as they were out of sight, Slings buried his head back into the magazine he was reading.

Pharoah wondered to himself if that was who Slings had glanced back at while they were speaking. He figured he should remain as inconspicuous as possible though, and selected his own magazine to start reading.

Report Post Tip

The evening was virtually uneventful. Slings reported that the man's name was Pharoah and he was from Las Vegas, just as we were. If he is connected as UA suspected, they would probably come across him in the city. UA tended to be out of town often. With Las Vegas landlocked, she needed to visit cities with ports. Her Boss Slash depended on her ability to trade in stolen goods. She had always had a knack for it and had many connections throughout the country.

As the morning coffee was served, UA sent someone to check the merchandise. All was secure. She had decided to split up upon debarking and meet up with Slings and her other associates later at the warehouse.  The train arrived at the Las Vegas Train Depot on time. The two ladies left quickly and went to a waiting car. UA spotted Pharoah as they got in. She intended to ask her Boss about this guy later when she went to the headquarters to announce her arrival. She had a sale to arrange first though. She learned long ago to never hold onto stolen merchandise any longer than necessary.

Well, this should be fun, UA said to her bodyguard. Our meeting is within Block 16. They must have thought they were meeting with men, UA said with a  laugh. The surprise on their face will be worth the trip alone!

UA and her associate began the trip to the north edge of town. They could have walked, many did while on short delays in Las Vegas, but since women weren't welcome in Block 16 UA had a feeling they may need a car to get out of there. She smiled at the thought that some might think they were women of the night considering the meeting was in a back room of The Arizona Club. The ladies began the short drive to their destination.

Report Post Tip

Pharoah slept soundly that night, with no dreams plaguing his mind. The train stopped in Las Vegas on shedule, and Pharoah arranged to have the odds and ends he had collected from his father's apartment taken to his residence. He planned to stop for a bite to eat on his way to Headquarters, where he needed to touch base with Slash. If this was a vacation, it was over now.

Just as Pharoah was about to enter the vehicle that was to transport him there, he noticed the same two women from the train. They were entering a car of their own. One of the women looked his direction, and he could swear that her gaze had met his own. 

On the way to Headquarters, Pharoah had a few minutes to reflect on the last while, the vivid dream on the train, and the large man Slings who had offered him a Scotch. But his mind wandered back to the mysterious woman, who he wondered if he would ever see again.

Report Post Tip

UA and her assistant got to the Arizona Club with only a few quizzical looks as they pulled around back. Slings had stopped at the payphone and called ahead. They were expected. UA knocked on the back door. I big burly man opened it. His surprise was immediate.

We have business with the owner, UA said.

Are you applying for jobs? he asked giving them the once over. We have all the ladies we need but I am sure we could find work for you two, he replied.

UA's eyes drilled holes into the pig. One more comment like that and she'd be putting a bullet in him.

Just take us to the owner. This is no concern of yours. We are expected, she replied in a deadpan tone.

Without another word, the man led them to the owner's office. While he was shocked that Slash had sent a woman, the purchase was arranged. UA and her associated left and headed for the family headquarters. They had gotten more than they expected for the paintings, conditional on the merchandise being verified as originals of course. Slash could expect to have payment by the end of the week.

UA pulled up in front of the family headquarters. She wanted to have a word with Slash before she left. She has always followed the rule "never touch the merchandise" and intends to leave the transaction to Slings. There was a commotion in the HQ. Evidently something had happened in New Orleans. UA and her bodyguard headed towards the lounge to wait for an audience with Slash. As they walk to the lounge, UA was astonished to see the man they call Pharoah just inside the door. Her bodyguard had spotted him as well. This man really had nerve! She had had enough. She reached for her gun at the same time as her bodyguard. They walked up behind him and put their guns to each side of his head.

You want to tell me what you are doing in my families Headquarters? UA asked in an even tone. They calmly waited for the mans reply.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Omerta.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL