Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 00:19:34
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Time for thanks Started by: Pharoah on Jul 18, '12 11:48

Pharoah makes his way to the middle of the same square where he had made his "Time for healing" speech, although this time confident that everyone might have something to add to this one. He waited patiently for a few more to gather, cleared his throut, and gave it a go.

Fellow mafioso's and mafiosa's, friends and family alike. I've come today to speak on a subject that I am sure many of you, despite your background, may relate and respond to. I'm sure that I am not the only one who feels this way, but feel free to bring it to my attention if I am.

From the lowly thug, to the revered Godfathers, I think everyone here is looking for some sort of validation, some sort of appreciation, some sort of acknowledgement for whatever level of participation they have here in "this thing of ours". 

Now of course most, and yes, I say most are humble enough to work from the shadows with sometimes little to none of these things showered upon themselves, but maybe we could each take a little time out to reflect, and thank those that have given us advice, or a helping hand, in whatever form. I am sure it would be appreciated.

I'll take this time to thank Slash, my crew leader, for his comtinued support through my journy so far in Las Vegas, and My sponsor Sparticus for being there if I needed him. LittleRed for her stalking, and making my pockets feel 'needed'. Pilar for all her support of my father and myself, she is a gem. SammyGarcini for his words of wisdom to my father in New York, and Gideon for being my father's mentor. I know there are more that I need to thank, and once I feel I can thank them properly I will.

Please, anyone that feels like giving something back, give a shout out to someone that made your experience here better, in any way. I am 100% sure they would appreciate it.

Pharoah pulled a small flask from his inside pocket and poured some liquid onto the ground.

And heres to all the fallen...from all sides.

Report Post Tip

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Bearderus.

Report Post Tip

Id like to thank Mayor_McCheese for thanking Bearderus.   Oh, and whoever invented mustard!

Report Post Tip

Thanks G-T-L!

Report Post Tip

Brucie pulls up in his SSK eating a hamburger with extra mustard, very carefully so as not to mess up the interior of his classy ride. He begins to speak but it is slightly muffled by the food he is chewing on while speaking.

I wood life to tank E-T-L for tanking the guy what invented musthard, thus safing me the twouble.

Brucie smiles and wipes his mouth, then hops back into his fine Mercedes.

Report Post Tip

I would like to thank Gordon_Zola. Best lapdance I have ever had.

Report Post Tip

I would like to thank the inventor of vaseline. it keeps Grins right hand ever so soft for me.

Report Post Tip

I'd like to thank all those old ladies whose purse are always ready to be snatched, those shop owners who unwillingly gave their money to me, and the local post office who kept business as usual despite being robbed a hundred times.I won't be who I am today without you.

Report Post Tip

I would like to thank Skorp for his tremendous support and best friend to me 

Report Post Tip

I didn't know Grin all that well, but I have to take some time to thank him, and show appreciation for what he did.

I'm pretty sure he knew what the outcome of this would be, but decided that he would go out with a bang, and shed some much needed light on a couple area's that had space waiting to be filled.

If nothing else, Grin had a voice. He spoke and people listened, whether they agreed with what he said or not. He had earned a special respect for his coveted place on the 60 second list.

He has gotten people talking, and gears turning. I really wish I had had the chance to get to know him better.

Here's to you Grin. Someday I hope to look back and say, "That was Grin's 60 second spot, may he rest in peace."

Report Post Tip

I would like to thank ThomasHarrow. Noone earns like him.

Report Post Tip

I didn't know Grin all that well, but I have to take some time to thank him, and show appreciation for what he did.

Really? Apreciation for a "rogue" as they call it? Well, if "going against the grain" so to speak is something that receives gratitude around here, I guess that in staying true to the title of this conversation, I'll have to politely say "Thanks but no thanks!". But hey that's just my humble opinion. I'm just a guy who "shoots from the hip" (figuratively, not literally I assure you lol). Maybe that makes me a "clown" as somebody recently called me (not mentioning any names, no need to "go there") for my input on this subject. Well if being a decent guy who "tells it like it is" so to speak makes me a "clown" (his words not mine) well then sign me up for the circus! Anyway, that's my "2 cents" (opinion) on the matter (the matter of roguing).

Report Post Tip

Glad you made that "clear", Mayor.

Looking at the bigger picture, I do believe that Pharoah was thanking Grin for the fact that the empty cities have become a topic of much discussion amongst the people. For that, he has been thanked, not for leaving his family and purchasing an HQ without any right to do so.

Report Post Tip

I would like to thank Bearderus, for thanking ThomasHarrow.

I'd then like to thank Mayor_McCheese for thanking Bearderus.

I'd also like to thank Grin, for being a no name C.

Finally, I'd like to thank God that Falcon is dead.

Report Post Tip

I would like to offer my thanks to Tokar, Clemence, Jason_Azore, MarkColindres, MarkDukes and most of all, our beloved Brent.

Report Post Tip

Slash, I meant no disrespect. Wasn't trying to "diss" (show disrespect to) anyone. Maybe it's just because a lot of people look up to me in "This Thing Of Ours" (the mafia) and I feel the need to set a good example to them, thus my commentary on the roguing and subsequent overlooking of Pharoah's point. I guess sometimes I come off as pompous because I set TOO good of an example! Maybe I shouldn't take myself so seriously... but I figure hey, if you can't take yourself seriously, no one else will either! Am I right or am I right?

Report Post Tip

Oh, I'd also like to thank Gordon_Zola for creating 'The Peach Pit', a fantastic watering hole in Detroit.

Report Post Tip

Well surely a Mayor "has" to take themselves, seriously. If they don't, who would?

Report Post Tip

Thank you Slash, for speaking in my defense. I was in no way condoning what he did, or the methods used.

But thank you Mayor, for your opinion as well. 

Report Post Tip

Thank you all.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Time for thanks
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL