Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 02:37:00
Page:  1 
The road home Started by: KleinLee on Jul 20, '12 13:48

Klein just got off a long flight, it was a bumpy ride and Klein only got to sleep for a few brief moments through out the trip back. Klein cracks his neck from one side to the other but still he still feels the stiffness in his neck. He stops a cab for the ride home, he steps into the back seat and rests his head back, a small sigh escapes from him. Looking out the window as the cab passes by from one building to the other, he was happy to be back in LA after spending much time away from the city he greatly dears. As the cab stops at an intersection he suddenly felt the urge to just walk back home since it's only a few minutes walk from where he is now, besides he can stop by for some food on his walk back home.

"I'll just walk from here pal." Klein pulls out a few bills from his jacket pocket and pays the driver.

Klein steps out and embraces his surroundings for a while, he starts his walk home, getting closer with every step. Even though glad to be back, Klein knows that this might not last for long as business might force him to leave the city for long periods again. Klein takes a shortcut through the park on his way back. The weather is great, there were children playing, laughter can be heard, overall it was a complete change from the hectic week that he has had.

Passing by an alley, suddenly there's a loud bang coming from the other side of a dumpster in the alley. Something seems to be banging the dumpster from the other side. Klein is reluctant to see what it is but curiosity got the best of him. The bang is getting louder and this time more frequent.  He enters the alley and carefully approaches the dumpster. Klein is startled a bit this time as the dumpster shifts a bit in sync with another bang. Something is obviously on the other side and the banging still hasn't stop. Suddenly a old man appears from behind the dumpster, his clothes were ragged and dirty, the stench of his clothes is foul and most terrible. Just a homeless person, Klein was about to turn and walk away when suddenly the old man yells. 

"Who are you?!" "What do you want from me?!" You here to wack me son? C'mon!

Klein decides to just leave the old man alone. Just as Klein was about to exit the alley, the old man lunges for Klein from behind but missed as Klein just barely shifts his body to the side and evades the advances of the old man. The old man stumbles and falls face first to the floor. Klein looks around for some kind of weapon in case he needs to defend himself. The old man, still on the ground turns towards Klein, looks at him and suddenly breaks out in laughter, blood shoots out of the old man's mouth. As if a shot of adrenaline shoots through his whole body, Klein suppresses his desire to retaliate and tries to calm down. 

"What are you waiting for?" the old man screams. "Go ahead and kill me, finish me off." Stench of alcohol fills the air emanating from the old man's breath. Klein is now aware that this old man is nothing more than a drunk or someone completely insane or a mix of both. Klein decides to let the old man be and be on his way, besides, this week has been crazy enough already. 

The oldman tries to stand but barely can keep his balance. "I know what you are young man, you're a gangster. I was once like you. Young, ambitious, fearless, hungry for success. It seemed like the world was mine."

This is the first time the old man seems to make some sense Klein thought.

"Yeah you heard me boy. But be aware son, things in this world can change very quickly and by the time you know it, you're alone, left with nothing, no friends, no money, no house, no shoes. Even your enemies will just leave you after they're finished laughing at you. People will quickly forget you and you will either end up like me or in the river with the fishes. Nobody will ever remember you or what you did."

Klein let's the man have his final say before leaving the alley and headed straight back home.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The road home
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL