Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 03:04:42
Page:  1 
The Story of new beginnings Started by: Lazurlus on Jul 21, '12 18:15

[The following was written by professor, with more posts by myself and the professor. Hope you enjoy! ]

"Hey Prof, wakey wakey. We're there."

I awoke to a rough shake of the shoulder and a hushed voice. Sleeping sat in the car had given me terrible neck-ache from leaning my head against the window, while my associate drove. Rubbing my eyes, I yawned and took in my surroundings. The car was littered with take out tubs and empty beer bottles, gazing out of the window vast empty fields covered as far as the eye could see. Just a treeline on the horizon as we drove down the one straight lonesome road that stretched across the barren wasteland.

"How long have I been out?"

I murmured as I began searching my jacket for smokes.

"For about 6 hours, hey man this place is out in the middle of nowhere. What exactly are we doing here?"

Jack asked as he handed me one of his cigarettes. I had only known Jack a few weeks, the boss had paired us up since I was a goomba. He was just a thug back then, fresh off the boat with dollar signs glowing in his eyes. In the few weeks we had known each other, a bond grew and I knew we would be partners until the day one of us died. I just never thought it would be like this.

"Thanks."

I said, taking the cigarette and lighting it. We pulled over to a small shed like building by the side of the road, the only sign of civilization for miles.

"The boss sometimes has to hide things for awhile, so he gets them buried out here until he needs them again. We just gotta dig up some box and take it back to the HQ."

I explained as we got out of the car. Stepping around the car I looked at my watch, eight fourty five. The darkness was just setting in, it would take him a few hours to dig. I had timed it perfectly.

"Go in there and get the shovel while I plot the point we need to dig."

I told him as I took the small note the boss had given me out of my fedora, pretending it to be a map I held it up and tiled it at an angle. I stared blankly at the words that were scribbled on the paper.

Jack has to go, don't question orders - Just get the job done.

I stepped forward into the vast field that lay ahead of me. I could remember where every hole I had filled was. Being sure to be atleast 10 foot away from any previously unsettled earth, I picked a spot and pointed as Jack came trudging up with the shovel.

"Right there, six foot deep. It's about the size of a large chest, so make sure to make it wide enough to get the thing out."

Jack sighted and took off his jacket and hat, rolling up his shirt sleeves.

"Is this punishment for stealing that chick in the bar last week?"

He joked, chuckling as he smashed the shovel down into the dirt and placed his foot on the spade. Pushing his weight down, he ripped up the dry dirt and threw it aside.

I sat down smiling, I had gotten to know Jack. Even met some of his family, his sister and mother. Great people, Jack just got mixed up in some bad shit. We spoke for hours as he dug, drinking beers as he told me more about himself. Eventually, as the hole grew deeper and deeper with just the two of us Jack began to get quiet. Until eventually, he nervously asked me.

"It's 2am Prof and I'm about seven foot deep, four foot wide. You sure you didn't get the wrong spot? Can I see the map? Please?"

Throughout his digging I had refused to show him the 'map' a dozen times, telling him if I was wrong he could see it.

"Yeah, I think It's time you saw it."

I dropped the note down to him, he was all dirty and sweaty from the digging. I put my jacket on as it began to rain, drawing my gun as Jack was preoccupied grabbing the note and unfolding it. His face dropped as his eyes darted across the note and he slowly looked up at me as I pointed my gun down at him.

"Give me the shovel."

I ordered, holding out my hand.

Jack slowly held the shovel up by the spade, as soon as my hand took grasp I felt the first tug. I fired, catching the shovel handle as Jack went limp. Soon after the lighting storm arrived, I buried my friend for my family in the rain.

After filling the hole I began the drive back to the nearest town to dump the car and fly back to Vegas. As I drove the long lonesome road I thought about all the people I have killed. All for a greater cause.

[End of Part One - More to follow! ]

Report Post Tip

[This part was written by myself, apologies if it's poorly written. Enjoy! ]

For Lazurlus, this night started out like most in sunny Las Vegas with a warm dry breeze on a picturesque sunset. The lights of downtown could be seen overhead but his eyes were directed towards the horizon and onto the nearly cloudless sky. The skyline was speckled with red and in his experiences meant a sour omen... of blood. He reminded himself that bad feelings would have to wait. He needed a cigarette and had a thirst that only one drink could quench. But the day wasn't over just yet... Tonight was one of those nights, a work night. The drink would also have to wait.

The sudden screech of brakes and terrified pleas for mercy broke him out of his day dream and back to the present. The crew going to work on that asshole...

Some say that the courthouse is the only place for justice and its police men and women the arms that enforce that justice. But they also say justice is blind. Out here in the streets, it isn't the police that deal out justice. The streets hear everything, see everything, know everything... and the justice from the streets is harsh and final.

A piece of scum moved into the area not two nights past dishing out heroin, but when this sack of shit sold some to a fourteen year old kid he crossed a line. The boy didn't know any better, how could he? But wound up dead none the same. Overdose. His blood was on the dealers hands.

The dealer was a nobody who had lived on the streets of Las Vegas for years. Never showed an interest in our way of life but that said, he'd never really shown an interest in anything. So where did he get heroin? So far as the streets knew he'd never dealt before and didn't have the money to buy his own. This meant someone else was involved, but who? A question that needed answering.

Normally at this stage everyone's in trouble. A lot of trouble. Not only have they moved into some one else's territory but they've also ignored the rules of the mafiosa, which is insulting and disrespectful, but not exactly punishable by death. But now you're thinking what about the kid? And therein lies the problem...

Afterwards the dealer had known to lay low and wait for the heat to pass showing he wasn't too daft. But after a visit from some of our associates he was as dead as they come but not before explaining the name and location of his supplier. Strictly speaking Lazurlus and professor try to avoid the blood and gore but tonight was a unique situation.

The supplier had a factory set up right on the outskirts of town but hidden within a suburb. Quiet neighbourhood with quiet people but none of the locals had word of this place. They even managed to keep off the drug enforcements radar. Someone had gone to a lot of trouble to keep this place quiet. Tonight all that was about to change.

[End of Part Two]

Report Post Tip

[Part three]

The plan was simple. A two man crew of hitters arrived at the front door ready to kick it in and teach the guy a lesson in respect. After that they would take him to the higher ups to see what use he could fill, either by running a DFP or fish food. Meanwhile, myself and another associate would slip in, take note of the operation, collect any drugs and destroy the place.

The hitting crew knocked politely on the door ready with the cover story of being government officials. And when no one answered they made to enter. The subsequent explosion caught everyone off guard.

The front of the building disappeared in a cloud of smoke and flame and the car they had pulled up in was strewn across the street in horribly misshapen pieces. That's the moment both myself and professors curiosity was sparked. Most sane men would run, the two killers were just killed, but the chemistry of that explosion intrigued them.

"Nice, looks like TNT, and pure considering how unstable that explosion was! "

"You know I hate when you use abbreviations... keep your voice down"

"Sorry, but do you really expect me to say 2 methyl, 135 trinitrobenzene? That's a hell of a mouthful..." he added sarcastically

"Ssssshhhhhhhh.... " silence followed, the slight crackling of the fire but no sirens for now. Well the one time we bribe them to stay away and you want them to show....

"lets get to work, we can still do our jobs, get in see what they had going on. Might even get something we can follow up on"

"Back entrance right? " causing laz to chuckle, and nod.

The back entrance was a nondescript blue door with paint peeling and rusting through the holes. The walls made of redbrick and besides some scuffs on the floors place seemed like any run down warehouse. Except for the fact there wasn't any trash, no rubbish, even the bins were cleaned. Odd.

Prof leaned in close and both men exchanged there usual short straw look. One of them had to open the door, and that wasn't the most appealing prispect. Laz leant into his jacket pocket reaching for his "lucky" two headed coin. Causing professor to give him the evils, guess he knows after that last job involving a shit filled toilet and 5000 in cash... he never quite forgave him for that.

He motioned for prof to draw his weapon and stand well back, made a silent prayer to no god in particular and slowly began to pry open the door... if this one had any nasty surprises slowly opening it might prevent a repeat of the front door... he could feel that it was heavier... but it opened and no bang. Good start.

The door opened up onto the factory floor revealing one of the best stocked labs he'd ever seen. 5 litre leibig condensers, a huge series of burettes, interconnected filtration flasks and all spotless and barrels neatly stacked against the walls. This place wouldn't have looked out of place in any top notch university. Something was amiss. There was no smoke, not even a whiff. Whoever planned that explosion at the front had this places continued operation in mind.

Seeing no immediate dangers he entered slowly in, creeping step by step. Something niggled at the back of lazs mind.. a bad feeling... the kind that suggested things were about to get worse when the cocking of a gun drew his attention. The guy had been waiting behind the door. Fuck.

[End of Part three]

Report Post Tip

[Part Four ]

An unknown voice told him, "Drop the weapon, slowly... Good, now take a step forward."

"Smart man, now turn around, slowly if you will. I would hate to have to shoot you. " His accent wasn't any Laz had heard of before, it was raspy and a little gruff. Upon turning around the sight of a labcoat, goggles and a balding sciensist threw him for a second. He looked mid fifties with deep dark circles under his eyes, frown lines crossed his forehead like tracks and his brown hair was heavily peppered with grey.

Laz faced his would-be executioner and hoped if he stalled maybe the proffessor could take him out. Professor's shot was blocked by the thick set door and he knew running in now would result in a blood bath. Laz's only option was to lure him out from behind the door and into the professors sights. "Nice factory, yours? "

"No questions! " barked the man, clearly struggling with the notion of killing a man. Good thought laz, he could use that.

"Okay okay, no questions. Just that I haven't even seen a 5 litre Leibig condenser outside-" the man's sudden surprise probably mimicked Laz's own face moments before and caused the gun to drop slightly.

"You understand chemistry? " the man questioned, taking a step forward.

"Well yes I do, but why leibig condensers rather than vacuum filtration with recrystalisation? " the gun slowly began to drop to the ground and the struggle inside the man was as clear on his face as an open book. After a moment the gun fell to the ground and the man turned frantic.

"You're not mob, government? Please help me! They took me here, forced me to work. They've said something about take overs-" The loud bang and sudden hole in his forehead took him unawares. Confusion, pain and then emptiness appeared in sequence on his face. The scientist was dead before his body crumpled on the floor. Before the shooter could be identified red sirens flared up silently and all the doors slammed shut, trapping both Lazurlus and their would-be killer inside. The halogen white lights suddenly cut out, leaving the pair in darkness with a fresh corpse.

A new voice seemed to call out from no where, "I'd shoot you two pricks but I'll let the cops handle this one. Dead body and a super lab, good luck buying your way out of jail time!" And with that, a door could be heard slamming shut.

"Shit we've got to get out of here! And pronto! Cops will be here soon.... fuck! The doors jammed!"

Prof took the chance to calm the situation down. "Let's take a moment to think, if we switch off the alarm, clear the body and ditch our guns we can make a try at walking out."

"You're insane! They'll ID the corpse and I didn't see anything that'll make a gun and body disappear? .. well... there is the acid. Could drop it in there, let it work, ditch our guns in it as well then try talking our way out?

"Well I'm out of ideas... " and with that they set to work as the siren wails drew close.

[End of part four]

Report Post Tip

[Part Five]

Talk asshole! Who owns that fucking lab? Who's your boss? Who's blood was that on the floor! You better start talking again soon or ill wipe that smile of your face!" Sergeant Johnson had been shouting obscenities ever since they'd cut them out of the lab. Things had gotten a bit... sketchy, but they'd managed to dispose of the scientists body, courtesy of Laz's new favourite chemical - sulphuric acid. The guns were placed inside the heating elements and melted. A waste of equipment, but a necessary evil.

After that the police showed up, cursed a lot and just generally messed around. The government story had them covered up to a point but his idea of taking the name 'Special Agent Fuck You' hadn't gone down well. But they'd been civil enough, hopefully the cavalry would arrive and they'd be able to debrief, and more importantly, escape.

After 6 hours things weren't looking to great, no one but sergeant buzzkill had been to see them. They'd had no contact with anyone, not even whiff of a corrupt officer. Given a bit more time their ruse would be up, and the friendliness would end.

An hour or so later the station commissioner walked in with a man in a very smart suit, dismissed buzzkill and sat down in his seat. Things were coming to a close, and it wasn't good. The new guy appeared to be real government with a 'don't fuck with me' attitude and a pissed off expression. It wasn't until he spoke that they realised it was G_man_. "You're free to go, but our agency head would like a word at your earliest convenience. " The statement was clear. You're in trouble, get moving, and speak to Slash now.

By the time they arrived back at HQ it was early morning, and sleep exhaustion was setting in. But fear of what was coming gave them a much needed spike of adrenaline. They'd failed in their mission. Got caught and got two hitters killed. No biggy.... they were dead men and it was just a case of when.

Slash's office, AKA the snake pit, was a stark contrast to when they'd left earlier in the day. The once warm inviting abode had undergone a metamorphosis. The guitars had been removed, the sofas and alcohol gone, the walls had had the posters removed, leaving just a desk which Slash sat behind along with G_man_ at his back. No chairs.

The two dead men walking explained everything as quickly as possible. They were hoping to avoid a dirt nap. They detailed how the shit hit the fan big time and they had both been caught in the storm. All the while both men sat in silence, taking in everything, watching every move or twitch made.

By the end they were clutching at straws, desperation and fear niggled at them. And with no sleep even a dirt nap was starting to sound good. 

After talking almost non stop the silence that took hold was torturous for everyone. They all waited for Slash to finish his thought processes and speak. When he finally spoke everyone jumped a little "well well, you two had an eventful night. You've solved the problem of a rogue supplier and potentially an attempt to steal the city " the smile faded.

"But... every cop in the state knows your faces. Sorry fellas. It can't be helped" and with that he reached into his drawer as G_man_ went for his coat pocket. It was over. Both men had faced death, but laz couldn't stand to watch his family end his existance, instead opting to close his eyes. Goodbye cruel world.

The elbow jabbed into his side brought him out of his melodrama and back to his senses with a thud "hey, you mind prof... that hurt" the extended cigars in slashs hands seemed a cruel joke... and the... where those plane tickets in G's hand? What the...

"Congratulations fellas, you're being reassigned.... to chicago. Find a place for yourselves. Get settled in, and see if the move on LV is coming from there." As the words began to sink in things started looking up, and with cigars in hand they began to reminisce about the past. Drinks appeared from the desk and things seemed more relaxed. As the day passed on both laz and prof made to leave, albeit heavily inebriated. But slash had a few more words of wisdom to impart "Oh yeah, one other thing. You don't work here anymore, gather your things. Or...  G here can take you two for a drive? You can sleep on the plane. Good luck! "

[End of Part Five ]

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Story of new beginnings
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL