Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 00:31:59
Page:  1 
Allow me. to introduce myself! Started by: The_Gentleman on Jul 21, '12 23:18

Allow me to introduce myself...

Gent says loudly enough so everyone he can see understand what he has to say...

"I am known as Gent to most of my friends and Gentleman to lesser friends. Or maybe a annoying
bastard to the ones that hate me. Well, we all have ennemies dont we? It is simply impossible to be
loved by everyone. It would however... be interesting to see someone prove me wrong here.
Sure... if you are powerful enough, everybody will say they loved you. That you are the best person they
have ever encountered. That you are the image of God himself. Or Lucifer if that pleases you more.

But let me be honest with you all... i am not looking to be loved. Because then, i would'nt know who my ennemies are.
Say you hate me so i know who to trust. Say you despise me so i know who to love. Say you ignore me so i know who to talk to.
For every negative there is a positive. And i grave for negativity, i want to hear about it. I want to live it, to taste it.
So i know... who i can rely on. Who i can look straight into the eyes and say... i trust you, i believe you. And really believe it
myself.

For so long i have heard people... and i have also read this in my ancestors diaries. People come out here in the streets and say..
I hate this and i hate that, i hate him and i hate her. Because of this and that. Words like... it was a big slap in the face.
And... to my biggest disappointment... he/she dishonored me to the highest level.

Why do i come out here and say this things you might say?
Well... i am no different that all of the others. I wont like or love everyone, that is not our ways. But i will respect those who are
respectful. Gent is my name... short for gentleman and that is exactly what i am. Scratch my back and i'll scratch yours.
Invite me to your businesses and i wont let you down. But if you ever stab me in the back, rest assure... i wont forget it.
And someday... well, maybe that day wont come... i will ask, in my own ways, for return of the money."

Gent looks at the crowd and smiles...

Come on people... i am not here to offend anyone... just my way of saying hi there. I am not a bad man, i am a very good man...
understanding... loyal... friendly. I am here to introduce myself and maybe make a few new friends. I am honored and very pleased
to meet everyone of you. And my greatest respect goes to all of the leaders in all of the cities. For their tasks are not easy.
And they deserve this respect from our part.

Here's to all of the leaders...

"Salut!"

Gent proudly says as he raises his glass!

Report Post Tip

Gent looks at the crowd and adds on...

"And here's to all of the members of our community!"

"Here, here!"

With his glass high in air... he knows he has done right! And proudly drinks down!

Report Post Tip

Listening to the speech Zal takes note of some of things this man says, knowing that connections in this life can mean the difference between life and death he waits for the man to finish before saying his peace.

Greetings sir, I can understand where you are coming from with a lot of what you say. However I do wonder this, are you due to receive your button any time soon, for it seems like this has been prepared with that in mind. While I applaud you coming out onto our streets to introduce yourself I do have to wonder at the reason you have waited until now to introduce yourself.

Report Post Tip

Gent listens to this man with great attention, his honest question deserved a honest answer!

"Zal_Innez... i am very pleased to met you sir! Has this speach been prepared you might say? Will i receive my button? Well... i certainly hope so if i am honest. Earning trust is something
that i dedicate my life to. I did prepare myself if such a occasion came my way. Why did i waited this long however... has nothing to do with earning my button. I have waiting this long because, i figured i had a few things to do before coming out here and introduce myself to every one. In order to earn other people's trust i needed to earn it from the people i work for. I have been quite busy lately and simply did'nt have the time to come out here and properly introduce myself. I hope i havent offended anyone by waiting so long."

Gent smiles and nods at the people listening to him!

"If so... i apologize, i am here to make friends for the most part."

Gent replies after shaking Zal's hand in recognition!

Report Post Tip

Accepts the Gents hand and smiles

No offence taken at all, what can I say I'm the suspicious type and I did wonder as usually it's those new to our shores that come out and introduce themselves as such or those hoping to move on to better things. It is commendable for you to wait however as I said there are many that rush to our streets. But then I'm just an earner myself and have much to learn.

Report Post Tip

Gent smiles back at Zal...

"Well... if i may add. I wanted to introduce myself before i started to be more implicated in street discussion. I always felt it was better to make proper introductions before giving out my opinion on a given subject. As now... some people will recognize me and may be more willing to participate in a discussion or two. Of course, i was'nt prepared for this until now. I was well raised, but... i love expensive suits, which explains my lifestyle!"

Gent nods to Zal, tipping his hat in best regards!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Allow me. to introduce myself!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL